If we go down, would you keep Wellens?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. If we go down, would you keep Wellens?

• Yes
    • No

Wow. If true... wow.

So not only is he shit at his job, he is a prick too.  

On reflection, a very arrogant man with a massive ego and zero leadership or man management skills. Always someobody else’s fault. 

15 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Wow. If true... wow.

On reflection, a very arrogant man with a massive ego and zero leadership or man management skills. Always someobody else’s fault. 

I have a builder like that which is why today is contract termination day. 

Maybe Wellens can continue my build?

2 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Depends if the correct tools and equipment will be provided ? If so he’s not interested. Needs to have excuses lined up for when he ultimately fails. I’m confident I could have got that team over the line. Pathetic Richie

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Depends if the correct tools and equipment will be provided ? If so he’s not interested. Needs to have excuses lined up for when he ultimately fails. I’m confident I could have got that team over the line. Pathetic Richie

Or he could play Byrne on the west wing and ask him to saw a piece of timber with a tube of Sikkaflex

56 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

I hope he wasn't to blame for the fridge/freezer? :peepwall:

Sorry, off topic AND evoking painful memories perhaps. But still a great fridge!

1 hour ago, sjk2008 said:

...such as Wellens asking players to come join him at another club when he leaves Oldham and pretending to AL to be on holiday when he was still in the country..

I hope he does take a few with him. 

I thought we all wanted stability. . ?

Shez did very similar to wellens, aggravating wherever he could. If they don’t get what they want, they start acting like dicks to get the sack. 12 months pay- and a coaching role elsewhere. 

At least with shez he had a record behind him, that backed up his needs/wants. 

What’s wellens done. . . Ffs- don’t remind me. 

On 10/06/2018 at 9:57 PM, kowenicki said:

Wow. If true... wow.

That's exactly what he was like a player too.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

The cynic in me reckons he's on a recovery mission.

Maybe hes learned to keep his mouth shut and not to disclose juicy news to his media pals letting the, owner, and fans down of our great club. Nobody wants a manager who goes running to the press when things get tough.

24 minutes ago, Ryan said:

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/news/lma-latest/richie-wellens-statement/

Wellens’ statement. Nothing juicy, just thanks the club for the opportunity.

There's a veiled dig in here if you wish to pay it attention;

"It was the right time for us to part ways and for me to move on to the next step of my managerial career. I have learned a great deal from the experience and hope to find a role with a club that matches my ambition and believes in a long-term project; to develop players, a club identity and a playing philosophy."

2 minutes ago, HallamBlue said:

as is this a strange one..... "Thanks must also go to former Chairman Simon Corney, who trusted me and gave me the role on a permanent basis" thought it was AL fronting the press conference could be wrong we have so many false dawns. 

Maybe he's expecting Corney to pitch up at another club and employ him... #scenes.

3 minutes ago, HallamBlue said:

as is this a strange one..... "Thanks must also go to former Chairman Simon Corney, who trusted me and gave me the role on a permanent basis" thought it was AL fronting the press conference could be wrong we have so many false dawns. 

Yep, like deyeres says above, Abdallah's absence from the statement is telling.....

While he undoubtedly lost his way during the run in.... I was initially really impressed with the freshness of Wellens' early interviews..... while not the most sesquipedalian of orators, I found his communication skills clear, concise and thought provoking. Similar to Lee Johnson in many ways.

I also appreciate some people's view that he was a little too quick to offer an opinion.... and some suspect he may have been leaking information to the Press.

However, my initial gut reaction to being impressed with him, still leaves me concerned that the main problem(s) he encountered were not of his own doing.... and may still be an influence this coming season.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but Lemsagam worries me to death. I'd still like to hear about his motivations and his Plans.