If we go down, would you keep Wellens?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. If we go down, would you keep Wellens?

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

A pub I think?  Left football.

He's working in property development. He's bought some farm buildings near me which he's converting in to apartments and also doing some work with Garry Flitcroft's property company.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

I think the future owner adding a number of foreign players to the squad on inflated wages might have been a bigger cause...

I'm ot so certain, because a month later we were up to 18th, and entirely in our hands. And Doyle as back.

Also, he didn't play most of them.

Edited by singe

1 hour ago, singe said:

I'm ot so certain, because a month later we were up to 18th, and entirely in our hands. And Doyle as back.

Also, he didn't play most of them.

So a clique sitting on the sidelines picking up comparatively massive wages while the lesser paid players are tasked with working hard to get results should have been an easy thing to manage? 

2 hours ago, JoeP said:

So a clique sitting on the sidelines picking up comparatively massive wages while the lesser paid players are tasked with working hard to get results should have been an easy thing to manage? 

Very easy. 

5 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Some people here will never blame the manager when he is ‘one of ours’ and readily blame some rich bloke, particularly if he is conveniently foreign... I think it’s an envy thing. 

Nope, it's an idiot thing.

40 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Go on then - how?

Are you suggesting that in a club the only players performing should be the highest paid and the rest will be sulking and hard to manage? It’s basic man management. I agree... that is a hard thing for Wellens though, he had no skill on that department.

7 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Are you suggesting that in a club the only players performing should be the highest paid and the rest will be sulking and hard to manage? It’s basic man management. I agree... that is a hard thing for Wellens though, he had no skill on that department.

Player A is earning 10k a week, Player B is earning 1k a week.

If Player A is earning his keep then everyone is happy, if Player A is sulking about and having no impact then it can become a problem.

11 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I'm suggesting that alarm bells should be ringing when a load of players, that clearly arn't good enough, are bought in to the club and paid ridiculously high salaries compared to the players that probably are up to the job.

I think we can all agree that Wellens had his flaws but, in my opinion, the owner's decision to bring in a load of his players, that the manager didn't want and weren't good enough on high salaries divided the dressing room and was probably a big (if not the biggest..) factor in us going down.  It would take an exceptional manager to work under those conditions.

9 hours ago, singe said:

Hi Richie.....

AL may  prove dodgy, but we simply cannot know. We may go down again. We cannot know.

In the para you argue there is no evidence to prove it was RW, but there is plenty of circumstantial ( as well as rumour) , he has the most to benefit from the article. Some of the accusations cover Corney's time.

In the second para you condemn AL despite"not a scintilla of evidence" to back up the claims.

Bunn & Rhodes are untried, yes, I said the same, but questionable and lacking experience? No way. Both have significant experience two leagues higher, and decades in the game.

Why?

You might want to review some of my posts concerning Wellens. I hold him responsible for relegation and was disgusted by his reaction at full-time at Northampton and his failure to address the supporters until his statement via the LMA.

Your next point is a contradiction. You're calling me out for saying there is no evidence Wellens was parroting to the press, yet then state there are rumours. That makes no sense mate. There are too many people on this forum obsessed with this, yet nobody has provided any evidence and I think it's best you get over it and look to this season. I'd be consistent and lambast Wellens if it was true, but there is a difference between wanting summat to be true so much that you hold to it regardless or you await to be shown evidence. I saw Wellens lose control of his players, provide no leadership, fail to motivate. I then watched him leave the field at full-time at Northampton seconds after entering it. I called for his immediate sacking. 

My charges against Lemsagam can be verified on the bloody club website for Christ's sake! 

Bunn and Rhodes are questionable in the sense that they have zero experience in management and both in their mid-50s.

Facts. Appreciate them.

37 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I'm suggesting that alarm bells should be ringing when a load of players, that clearly arn't good enough, are bought in to the club and paid ridiculously high salaries compared to the players that probably are up to the job.

I think we can all agree that Wellens had his flaws but, in my opinion, the owner's decision to bring in a load of his players, that the manager didn't want and weren't good enough on high salaries divided the dressing room and was probably a big (if not the biggest..) factor in us going down.  It would take an exceptional manager to work under those conditions.

I hate this! Says who? It’s all hearsay! No one has a clue apart from players and owner. Do u really believe a man who has made his money from being a agent has given shite players ridiculous money. I find it very hard to believe personally!

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

Problem is nobody really has any proof that AL’s signings where on a lot more money. Only player that has been declared as being on more salary was Queensy. So you are just speculating that this might be a reason. I think it was Wellens bad handling of his players and not being able to motivate them. If we had stuck on a lot more of the younger players instead of pre Madonna’s then we might have stayed up. Wellens brought in Benyu (lightweight) Pringle (unfit) Mcelleny ( home sick puppy)  and none of them had any fight in them for the cause. ONLY ONE PERSON to BLAME WELLENS 

3 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Problem is nobody really has any proof that AL’s signings where on a lot more money. Only player that has been declared as being on more salary was Queensy. So you are just speculating that this might be a reason. I think it was Wellens bad handling of his players and not being able to motivate them. If we had stuck on a lot more of the younger players instead of pre Madonna’s then we might have stayed up. Wellens brought in Benyu (lightweight) Pringle (unfit) Mcelleny ( home sick puppy)  and none of them had any fight in them for the cause. ONLY ONE PERSON to BLAME WELLENS 

Don't you just love predictive text?

But I get what you mean, even though I'm not in full agreement. The players take a huge chunk of the blame simply because they failed to perform to their potential.

1 minute ago, Bristolatic said:

Don't you just love predictive text?

But I get what you mean, even though I'm not in full agreement. The players take a huge chunk of the blame simply because they failed to perform to their potential.

Lol yes predictive text is a pain , however so where the players that Wellens brought in.,

21 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Players brought in from AL were fixed up in hotels or apartments in manchester and given flash cars leased through the club. Patrick Mceleny ended up in digs.

You have no proof all speculation Kusunga who was never god. 

7 hours ago, JoeP said:

Well, the players wimped out, and RW let off the field activities affect play. Not the sign of a good manager.

52 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

You have no proof all speculation Kusunga who was never god. 

He was my god briefly for a few hours the day we beat Peterborough 5-4.

Joking apart thinking logically, if AL is just a chancer without a pot to piss in, why would he pay these duffers inflated wages and put them up in expensive accommodation with flash lease cars? It doesn’t stack up, unless the bloke is insane.

Edited by johnafoafc

16 hours ago, JoeP said:

Classy from Clique1Leader.