Who has the bigger balls?

Much of what happens next week is down to mental strength on the day. For the most part form and quality go out the window and it's down to who can handle the pressure. 

So is this team up to it? Do we have the leaders on the pitch? Do rochdale? 

For the life of me I can't remember having such a soft team. We have always had leaders. Gregan, Clarke, Garnett, dux, wellens all would give out a rollicking when needed. In this team though I can't see much past Byrne and Gardner, and them two wouldn' make my list if I'm honest

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Staying up and starting again, default or no default is better than religation. Some massive positives can be taken! Young back four hopefully Doyle and keep bryne as we own him!

I don’t disagree with you. I think relegation would be disastrous for the club and I don’t think we’d necessarily bounce back from it either. The cloth would be cut yet again like it was in 1994 and in 1997.

I reckon we have a better than Rochdales chance of winning the last vital  match but we must get our strikers to take their chances better than in recent weeks.Sad to note that our last win was way back against Blackpool .Wellens needs to get them back on track and reproduce the form he showed when he took over.With our passionate fans down there and  the players playing like it's a cup final then we can win.Please no more short corners though!!!!!!

3 hours ago, philliggi said:

Much of what happens next week is down to mental strength on the day. For the most part form and quality go out the window and it's down to who can handle the pressure. 

So is this team up to it? Do we have the leaders on the pitch? Do rochdale? 

For the life of me I can't remember having such a soft team. We have always had leaders. Gregan, Clarke, Garnett, dux, wellens all would give out a rollicking when needed. In this team though I can't see much past Byrne and Gardner, and them two wouldn' make my list if I'm honest

Said the exact same on another thread. 

Its about mentality and balls on the last day. Forget everything else. 

Have we got either. . . . . 

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

Said the exact same on another thread. 

Its about mentality and balls on the last day. Forget everything else. 

Have we got either. . . . . 

Edmundson will be a future captain.

If we had a bigger ball,  how convinced are we that we would score?

i mean we ain't getting the current ball into the onion bag would a bigger ball help?

sometimes watching latics it does make me wonder if we should just take our ball home, like when your tea was ready and your mum was shouting for you to come in. Game stopped ball came home with you and your took your jumper//make shift goalpost with you as well.

yes I'm jesting.....it's just a bloody awful postion to be in next week. I bloody hate this game

10 hours ago, Flemboy said:

I reckon we have a better than Rochdales chance of winning the last vital  match but we must get our strikers to take their chances better than in recent weeks.Sad to note that our last win was way back against Blackpool .Wellens needs to get them back on track and reproduce the form he showed when he took over.With our passionate fans down there and  the players playing like it's a cup final then we can win.Please no more short corners though!!!!!!

Just regarding the short corners. I don't think we look like scoring from the ball knocked into the box, particularly not having someone like Clarke in the side, who could head those balls in. I think it's well worth using the short corner occasionally. One yesterday came very close to getting us in.

2 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Just regarding the short corners. I don't think we look like scoring from the ball knocked into the box, particularly not having someone like Clarke in the side, who could head those balls in. I think it's well worth using the short corner occasionally. One yesterday came very close to getting us in.

We are better on Hamers  long throws than corners.

Just now, BP1960 said:

We are better on Hamers  long throws than corners.

I agree. I think whenever you can surprise the opposition you've got more chance. There will come a time when teams are all ready for the long throw and a short one will catch them out.

10 hours ago, Flemboy said:

Please no more short corners though!!!!!!

Dont think they had much choice with them yesterday, as Doncaster where a bigger side than us, unless they scored an home goal lol

I still favour Rochdale to stay up over us.

Charlton are a better side than Northampton obviously but Rochdale have scored in 8 of their last 9 games. We've failed to score in 6 of the last 10

Without looking into it I’d have thought defensive heroics on the last day are quite commonplace, and despite losing the other day I reckon Rochdale will go into their match with more confidence than our shattered side 

6 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

I still favour Rochdale to stay up over us.

Charlton are a better side than Northampton obviously but Rochdale have scored in 8 of their last 9 games. We've failed to score in 6 of the last 10

Without looking into it I’d have thought defensive heroics on the last day are quite commonplace, and despite losing the other day I reckon Rochdale will go into their match with more confidence than our shattered side 

After they blew a lead yesterday and taking someone on with (potentially) somethin to play for? 

We should def be more confident... 

8 minutes ago, Andy b said:

We should be favourites. Dale are seriously blowing this. We should be down by  now.

doesnt mean we will do it but I would put us strong favourites.

Odds of relegation:

Rochdale 4/9

Oldham 9/4

Walsall 18/1 

Wimbledon 33/1

Odds to stay up:

Rochdale 7/4

Oldham 4/11

Walsall 1/100

Wimbledon 1/250