Club Statement(Lack of one)

5 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Yet some on here defended him to the hills and saw him as a God...

I never spoke badly of him (I don’t think), wouldn’t say I defended him to the hilt and I don’t believe in Gods. I’m not saying there weren’t those that did but I genuinely thought that whilst not being perfect he cared and wanted the best for the club. He clearly thought Abdallah was going to allow him to carry on playing chairman. If it’s true that he was behind that article (and no reason to think Tracy is making it up) then he’s exposed himself as a pretty nasty and bitter individual and the sooner we take the sander to that golden brick the better 

Edited by Buckshawlatic

8 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

I never spoke badly of him (I don’t think), wouldn’t say I defended him to the hilt and I don’t believe in Gods. I’m not saying there weren’t those that did but I genuinely thought that whilst not being perfect he cared and wanted the best for the club. He clearly thought Abdallah was going to allow him to carry on playing chairman. If it’s true that he was behind that article (and no reason to think Tracy is making it up) then he’s exposed himself as a pretty nasty and bitter individual and the sooner we take the sander to that golden brick the better 

It was more aimed at the #proof lads who wouldn't believe it if they were in the room with him never mind via sources. 

11 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Yet some on here defended him to the hills and saw him as a God...

Name names. I doubt that’s true. Most sensible people like to deal in facts in a calm way. Not Sun like ‘rumours’ from ‘sources’ that are invariably horse shit. There are ‘some’ here who have already made their minds up about AL, it’s pathetic. ‘Some’ people can’t stand anyone to have a bit of cash and influence. ‘Some’ people...

35 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Thanks Singe. 

Although the thanks is appreciated, it’s not why we do it. There is a lot that goes on and I apologise that we can’t always say what is going on. I just hope people can understand and feel that we are doing things as a Trust for the benefit of the fans and safeguarding of the club. I’ll also hold my hands up and say we could do more formally to communicate but the past 18-24 months have been a struggle for us. It’s been easier to answer things on here and other social media which I feel has improved since a few years ago - it’s not a formal channel but it’s some communication at least. 

Cheers. I am glad some  of this is coming out now, it would be horrible to think you had to shoulder it always. hopefully a millstone around your and our neck.

5 hours ago, underdog said:

the source of the article was Corney.

I hope you can understand to some degree, the nature of the person who in the end couldn't sustain us and has been fighting tooth and Nail with the Trust over the last few seasons to keep hold of what he could. That it has been a very hard slog on all the Trust directors.

Your Trust rep took the face to face part of it all and I hope you can at least appreciate what a personal toll it took out of Simon Brooke. It was not pleasant at times and we did discuss as a Trust to write to the club to "remind" them of their zero tolerance policy with regards to bullying and equality and diversity in the workplace.

We have been firefighting to some degree to protect the club's good name and those employed under that regime. I have no doubt in my mind that Corney had good intentions at first but hhe lack of resources open to him and living on a mouth to mouth existence could not last. Yes he did introduces us to Al and at that point the Trust decided not to jeopardise the negotiations, especially your rep who was at the end of it all . This is not over, I am sure There is fight left in our ex owner to separate us all.

I hope we can all pull together now to drive our club on, we need to be strong. Now is the time for us all to take a deep breath, try to learn from teh mistakes, support each other . Al has offered a clean slate to some already, but he won't tolerate fools especially those that tried to exploit his good nature/good faith.. Now is the time to pull together your club, your new Owner and your trust needs you.

I do not doubt the sincerity with which your write those words and I would have left your comments alone, but I am going to ask you to pull the other one.

You talk about the club's good name. Do you forget how we chased players fresh from jail for truly heinous offences? We're as much in the same gutter as most clubs, desperate for anything that can take us higher, and there isn't much we wouldn't do to get there. My club happily raises ticket prices if we draw a Premier League club, my club sells off our ground's name and uses the most embarrassing social media practices - straight from cliche's rubbish bin - in an attempt to effusively flatter me. The general conduct of Oldham Athletic for the past decade has been appalling and that was at around the time I began to see through Simon Corney. A lot - a tremendous lot - needs to be done to regain the respect I once had for the club. Predictable call to arms, already used to death this past month or so, doesn't cut it.

I fully expect the drivel to flood my way as often is the case when a supporter dares break rank and criticise the club; I disliked Corney because he couldn't be trusted and nor have I yet to be convinced of Abdallah Lemsagam, but, no fear, I'll be there again next season.

Edited by UpTheLatics

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Name names. I doubt that’s true. Most sensible people like to deal in facts in a calm way. Not Sun like ‘rumours’ from ‘sources’ that are invariably horse shit. There are ‘some’ here who have already made their minds up about AL, it’s pathetic. ‘Some’ people can’t stand anyone to have a bit of cash and influence. ‘Some’ people...

McFluff, Latics Pete, Senor Coconut etc.. 

2 minutes ago, UpTheLatics said:

I do not doubt the sincerity with which your write those words and I would have left your comments alone, but I am going to ask you to pull the other one because you dared ask for my trust. Any right-minded individual should hear alarm bells when the dodgy-looking bloke on your doorstep, waving around a leaflet for a cracking leccy offer, asks for your faith. 

You talk about the club's good name. Do you forget how we chased players fresh from jail for truly heinous offences? We're as much in the same gutter as most clubs, desperate for anything that can take us higher, and there isn't much we wouldn't do to get there. My club happily raises ticket prices if we draw a Premier League club, my club sells off our ground's name and uses the most embarrassing social media practices - straight from cliche's rubbish bin - in an attempt to effusively flatter me. The general conduct of Oldham Athletic for the past decade has been appalling and that was at around the time I began to see through Simon Corney. A lot - a tremendous lot - needs to be done to regain the respect I once had for the club. Predictable call to arms, already used to death this past month or so, doesn't cut it.

I fully expect the drivel to flood my way as often is the case when a supporter dares break rank and criticise the club; I disliked Corney because he couldn't be trusted and nor have I yet to be convinced of Abdallah Lemsagam, but, no fear, I'll be there again next season.

I think you are assuming the Trust and OAFC are one and the same entity. Admittedly, I think the Trust needs to put distance, but you are attacking the wrong person.

5 minutes ago, singe said:

I think you are assuming the Trust and OAFC are one and the same entity. Admittedly, I think the Trust needs to put distance, but you are attacking the wrong person.

No, not at all. I sincerely appreciate what undergog and the Trust does, but I would say the same to any supporter who asks me to back the club for no other reason than I am a supporter.  I am in no means intending to attack or insult anybody who wants to support without comment. Unfortunately, I can't do that.The club and those connected past and present have a lot to answer for.

EDIT: I should also point out I edited my initial post because I misread the first paragraph. I thought underdog was asking for blind trust; he was stating the Trust needed supporters. I do apologise.

Edited by UpTheLatics

Just now, UpTheLatics said:

No, not at all. I sincerely appreciate what undergog and the Trust does, but I would say the same to any supporter who asks me to back the club for no other reason than I am a supporter.  I am in no means intending to attack or insult anybody who wants to support without comment. Unfortunately, I can't do that.The club and those connected past and present have a lot to answer for.

That's fair enough. We all wait to see how things turn out with AL, let's hope faith is restored where it was all but broken.

12 minutes ago, UpTheLatics said:

EDIT: I should also point out I edited my initial post because I misread the first paragraph. I thought underdog was asking for blind trust; he was stating the Trust needed supporters. I do apologise.

We're all battered and bruised at the moment

(PS Underdog is a she!!) :D. We've all done it!)

18 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Harsh if people have made their minds up.

I think a bit of scepticism is fair enough, though..

Few points on here saying AL has been 'written off'. A fairly rash comment. I think there are some serious concerns regarding player recruitment which he has enforced. If he has accepted these mistakes and can now work with Wellens then this is splendid news.

Edited by Kusunga_Is_God

12 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Few points on here saying AL has been 'written off'. A fairly rash comment. I think there are some serious concerns regarding player recruitment which he has enforced. If he has excepted these mistakes and can now work with Wellens then this is splendid news.

Accepted.

Some people have, no question. Look in some places here but particularly on social media. I think he even alluded to it himself in his statement.  

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, we do appreciate all points of view. Corney was caught between a rock and a hard place and he did what was necessary to keep us going. We are not all going to accept that he was right or wrong in whatever choices he has made but he is part of the fabric of our club......well the battered chairmans chair that is.

It's been frustrating as hell over the last couple of seasons minimum....we've been battered on occasions by both sides of the ever growing divide between Trust, club, corney and fans. That's not having a pop, that's because not all the facts were out there for everyone to make an informed decision and because of those it could affect like club employees, maybe one day they will all come out in the wash as I firmly believe in karma.

The Gordon Lawton memorial trophy cricket match is on this Sunday at Moorside cricket club...I know a bit of a plug but if you have time to support it, or want to come and have a chat to the trust team please come on down. It will be a family fun day. We will also be hosting the Sunday lunch event at the Milan bar in June and details after that will be confirmed for the Trust AGM

oldhallam my friend, not much walking these days....I now have a motorbike...oh yesssss...be afraid as I don't like roundabouts..ha ha harrrrr....

43 minutes ago, UpTheLatics said:

Oi......now there's no need to be genderist...(is that a word?)....I am a lady you know...haha

no offence taken at all, I like this board it offers different opinions, ideas and as long as I don't get sworn at too much...a good daily variety of latics.

5 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Are we anticipating somekind of legal challenge from corney then?

I believe he was in discussions with his legal team yesterday at latics before the EGM at 11am.

what they advised I am not privvy too..but I believe it was a hot day the windows were open and it's the room that's not too far away from the ticket office...anyone queing up between 9.30am-10.30am hear anything?