Club Statement(Lack of one)

3 minutes ago, underdog said:

I believe he was in discussions with his legal team yesterday at latics before the EGM at 11am.

what they advised I am not privvy too..but I believe it was a hot day the windows were open and it's the room that's not too far away from the ticket office...anyone queing up between 9.30am-10.30am hear anything?

I would imagine they said to him...  "you're done.. walk away".

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

McFluff, Latics Pete, Senor Coconut etc.. 

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

McFluff, Latics Pete, Senor Coconut etc.. 

Silly boy. But it doesn’t matter if you disagree with me. I can’t force you to be right.

45 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Accepted.

Some people have, no question. Look in some places here but particularly on social media. I think he even alluded to it himself in his statement.  

Hopefully he can prove the doubters wrong (including me). Sinnott's post regarding not paying Preston and other reports of favoring certain players and giving them considerable better perks than others really doesn't bode well. Let's see what happens over the summer...  

2 hours ago, leeslover said:

Corney all but bankrupted the club and wanted to find someone to put money in whilst allowing him to carry on like before. What benefit he had from how he ran the club previously would be a matter of conjecture as he denied the Trust it's legal right to inspect the finances.

Oh yess...thanks for reminding me of that cold day Xmas time Saturday match  a few seasons ago now when myself and the Trust treasurer turned up as agreed but something cropped up and we could be seen....and seen again a few days later when it was re-arranged.

im still thawing out..brrrrrrr

1 hour ago, underdog said:

I believe he was in discussions with his legal team yesterday at latics before the EGM at 11am.

what they advised I am not privvy too..but I believe it was a hot day the windows were open and it's the room that's not too far away from the ticket office...anyone queing up between 9.30am-10.30am hear anything?

Bollocks, knew making the effort to go to work on time wouldn't be worth it.

(E2A: lights were on in Lemmy's office when I passed at 6.45pm. Either Fane's agent is playing hardball or he's got lawyers too.)

Edited by rosa

I think the Trust have had a difficult task with all that's gone on in the background, they have to be very careful as to what they reveal.

Let's remember they are all volunteers and if they wished could all walk away.

Where would we be then if  no one came forward to take their place?

After fighting for a long time for some fans representation on the board we could finish with none at all.

Despite the brickbats, carry on striving for the club's supporters I say.

3 hours ago, singe said:

Here's hoping a corner has been turned. I do hope more transparency will prevail all around.
It's not right that you have had to shoulder this on your own, and that some of it should have been exposed.

Ohhhhh I so bloody well hope so on all fronts, even from the trust team too. We can all learn from this fresh start.

It's been Simon Brooke who has had to enter (when advised of meetings that is, or made to wait outside of)  the board room or my affectionate name the vipers pit. Jorvik had done much work with the Trust Chair with liasing with supporters direct (I think that's what they are called) on our affiliation as a possible members, in case we needed to call upon legal advice/help at any stage. We kept our eye on how things were panning out at Carlise and Blackpool and how they were helping their trusts. We might still tap into this as they are evolving too. 

Lots of fans stuff we wanted to do event wise but our timing was either off, or hurdles came our way.

im one of the lucky ones though, Corney did not have my number to ring..heheh

2 minutes ago, underdog said:

Ohhhhh I so bloody well hope so on all fronts, even from the trust team too. We can all learn from this fresh start.

It's been Simon Brooke who has had to enter (when advised of meetings that is, or made to wait outside of)  the board room or my affectionate name the vipers pit. Jorvik had done much work with the Trust Chair with liasing with supporters direct (I think that's what they are called) on our affiliation as a possible members, in case we needed to call upon legal advice/help at any stage. We kept our eye on how things were panning out at Carlise and Blackpool and how they were helping their trusts. We might still tap into this as they are evolving too. 

Lots of fans stuff we wanted to do event wise but our timing was either off, or hurdles came our way.

im one of the lucky ones though, Corney did not have my number to ring..heheh

Met Simon Brooke a few times, a nicer and more genuine guy you couldn't wish to meet.

The fans are very fortunate  to have him as a representative. I haven't met other members, but know their hearts are in the right place.

I hope AL can embrace the Trust, I think he will.

3 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

Thanks Singe. 

Although the thanks is appreciated, it’s not why we do it. There is a lot that goes on and I apologise that we can’t always say what is going on. I just hope people can understand and feel that we are doing things as a Trust for the benefit of the fans and safeguarding of the club. I’ll also hold my hands up and say we could do more formally to communicate but the past 18-24 months have been a struggle for us. It’s been easier to answer things on here and other social media which I feel has improved since a few years ago - it’s not a formal channel but it’s some communication at least. 

So is al on the level ? Trustworthy? From what U have seen? Everyone on the trust has the goss on corney for the last few years. Do we owe Preston money? Has he been meddling in team affairs etc?

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Met Simon Brooke a few times, a nicer and more genuine guy you couldn't wish to meet.

The fans are very fortunate  to have him as a representative. I haven't met other members, but know their hearts are in the right place.

I hope AL can embrace the Trust, I think he will.

He putposely  went out of his way to find out and meet your Trust rep, once he was correctly advised about who owned the other 3% share.

Since then he has made strides to correct Brooke's banishment on match days from the north stand and to some extent, relied on Simon Brooke's advice on matters. Simons has marketing and media knowledge and I am sure he is secretly tapping into that source re recent club statements....hmmmm maybe us fans should charge Al for Brooke's services..heheh

he has also taken time to come and meet the rest of the trust team. Asked advice on engaging with the fans and our top 10 wish list....this of course was all done prior to this week events. So understandably, that wish list might be a little further down the pecking order at the moment and that's okay with me, I'd rather he get the foundations right at the club.

im energised with it all, like we all are on the Trust board, we are exhausted with fighting something every sodding month. Now I want to build on something with us fans and club central to it all...like it should be.

christ it sounds like im campaigning for re-election.....damn it I am up fro re-election!!!!!!!...aagghh...please be gentle with me at this years AGM my precious OWTB brethern

It seems to me there's been a lot of good intentions even though some have turned sour.

SC in wanting the club to survive for many years and trying to bring in a good investor.

Imports brought in with the belief they would improve the team.

RW in trying to cope with a house of falling cards.

Mistakes have been made, but the hope is we can all now move on with a fresh start.

What AM will find is there  a deep hunger in Oldham for an exciting and successful team which will bring thousands of extra fans back to Boundary Park.

I've seen it before  from 1960 and hopefully will see the great days again.

8 minutes ago, underdog said:

He putposely  went out of his way to find out and meet your Trust rep, once he was correctly advised about who owned the other 3% share.

Since then he has made strides to correct Brooke's banishment on match days from the north stand and to some extent, relied on Simon Brooke's advice on matters. Simons has marketing and media knowledge and I am sure he is secretly tapping into that source re recent club statements....hmmmm maybe us fans should charge Al for Brooke's services..heheh

he has also taken time to come and meet the rest of the trust team. Asked advice on engaging with the fans and our top 10 wish list....this of course was all done prior to this week events. So understandably, that wish list might be a little further down the pecking order at the moment and that's okay with me, I'd rather he get the foundations right at the club.

im energised with it all, like we all are on the Trust board, we are exhausted with fighting something every sodding month. Now I want to build on something with us fans and club central to it all...like it should be.

christ it sounds like im campaigning for re-election.....damn it I am up fro re-election!!!!!!!...aagghh...please be gentle with me at this years AGM my precious OWTB brethern

PS, slip my plea for a return of the traditional blue and white broadband shirt into the top 10.:wink:

I think my views on Corney are fairly well known.

Whatever your view, though, please don't start waving your dick around with 'I told you so...' posts and deliberately winding up other members.  Equally, please don't respond to such posts with equally childish and abusive posts.

Show some pity for the fact that I really can't be arsed having to moderate such posts!

3 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

I think my views on Corney are fairly well known.

Whatever your view, though, please don't start waving your dick around with 'I told you so...' posts and deliberately winding up other members.  Equally, please don't respond to such posts with equally childish and abusive posts.

Show some pity for the fact that I really can't be arsed having to moderate such posts!

I called someone the “C”word once in an ill judged drunken rant and got put on report for a week!!... someone’s used it twice in one post tonight so no sympathy, now where can I wave my dick??? ??? only joking lets just move on now I think 

3 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

I called someone the “C”word once in an ill judged drunken rant and got put on report for a week!!... someone’s used it twice in one post tonight so no sympathy, now where can I wave my dick??? ??? only joking lets just move on now I think 

Didn't someone have some falic fallout last week on social media? Or was I dreaming?

dick waving contests? Shame we didn't think about that soon on the Prostrate cancer match the other week, or we could have done something on the lines of tht dating naked programme....yuk.

but yes I agree I don't like the name calling bit myself

33 minutes ago, underdog said:

I might consider assisting the Trust next season, having a former scout as a member may appeal to AL and bring everyone closer together.

Edited by BP1960

1 hour ago, rosa said:

(E2A: lights were on in Lemmy's office when I passed at 6.45pm. Either Fane's agent is playing hardball or he's got lawyers too.)

I like it when he’s referred to as Lemmy.  I picture him sat in his office, resplendent in cowboy hat and latics scarf, swigging from a Jack Daniels bottle and calling everyone a c**t.   

Happy days.  

13 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I might consider assisting the Trust next season, having a former scout as a member may appeal to AL and bring everyone closer together.

Cross over to the dark side my friend...all is welcome, all Is welcome..

Seriously, yes do please consider I feel this is going to be an exciting time, you don't have to be a director, you can also co-opt in and get a feel, help us to evolve, build those burnt bridges. Serve your apprenticeship again...hehe

We have a few events coming up that I will be seriously pushing in the next few days, so if you can attend come and have a chat with us. We have Gordon Lawtons memorial cricket march this Sunday which will be a family fun day, Sunday lunch a the mIlan Bar with former players that will be bi-monthly from June onwards and then the Trust AGM sometime this July..date to be confirmed.

we hope to get match days presence at some point in and around the ground, the fans bar would be perfect for us all if we attempt to pull it off again, so just come and say hello

Edited by underdog

17 minutes ago, underdog said:

Cross over to the dark side my friend...all is welcome, all Is welcome..

Seriously, yes do please consider I feel this is going to be an exciting time, you don't have to be a director, you can also co-opt in and get a feel, help us to evolve, build those burnt bridges. Serve your apprenticeship again...hehe

We have a few events coming up that I will be seriously pushing in the next few days, so if you can attend come and have a chat with us. We have Gordon Lawtons memorial cricket march this Sunday which will be a family fun day, Sunday lunch a the mIlan Bar with former players that will be bi-monthly from June onwards and then the Trust AGM sometime this July..date to be confirmed.

we hope to get match days presence at some point in and around the ground, the fans bar would be perfect for us all if we attempt to pull it off again, so just come and say hello

Will definitely consider it, although at 73yo I might

qualify as the oldest apprentice in the world. :D

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Will definitely consider it, although at 73yo I might

qualify as the oldest apprentice in the world. :D

Well there is no upper age limit with apprenticeships anymore...just that you have to have left high school and be 16, that's 16yrs not mentally 16 like me.

id give you a shot..why not...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rosa said:

Bollocks, knew making the effort to go to work on time wouldn't be worth it.

36 minutes ago, BlueJazzer said:

I like it when he’s referred to as Lemmy.  I picture him sat in his office, resplendent in cowboy hat and latics scarf, swigging from a Jack Daniels bottle and calling everyone a c**t.   

Happy days.  

Let's hope we motor ahead and put all the acromony behind us.