Club Statement(Lack of one)

3 minutes ago, underdog said:

I am confident there will be some news this week

I've said on a previous thread and I don't want to come across as a stuck record,  but it's hard to roll out your short term/long term plan and bring in some new board members when one of the old guard us still there.

We all need time to absorb what's happened, fans, staff, players and owner

TBA I'm sure we will get some news soon

Can AL not just exclude SC from board meetings like the trust member of the board allegedly was? Find it a bit odd that he’s still hanging around tbh.

48 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Has he?  How does he come across?  I assume these have been on I-follow.....which I haven't signed up to this season because the previous versions of it have been so shite.

The only times I've really seen him in the media is when he bought the club (but said very little..), did a short interview where he said he'd re-negotiated the Sports Direct deal (whatever that means - reduced their payments??) so we can start calling Boundary Park..er..Boundary Park and the video of big moments in the club's history...with his face tagged on the end.

There is a video called this week at Latics. It's free. He was on the one where the new youth signed. He was speaking saying he wanted the youth to be the future of the club or words to that effect.

Part of a plan and a free video. Spoilt you are

1 minute ago, johnafoafc said:

Can AL not just exclude SC from board meetings like the trust member of the board allegedly was? Find it a bit odd that he’s still hanging around tbh.

Is he hanging around though, has anyone seen him at the club recently?

Just now, BP1960 said:

Is he hanging around though, has anyone seen him at the club recently?

Not seen him at games personally, perhaps it the wrong word to use. But people in the know suggest he is reluctant to step down unlike the rest of the board did.

2 hours ago, JoeP said:

Allow them the bank holiday, I would suggest...

A video of an interview with AL outlining his plans for the future at some point next week would be the best thing the club could do at the moment, in my opinion. 

What will you do if that does happen and what will you do if it doesn’t? 

50 minutes ago, underdog said:

I am confident there will be some news this week

I've said on a previous thread and I don't want to come across as a stuck record,  but it's hard to roll out your short term/long term plan and bring in some new board members when one of the old guard us still there.

We all need time to absorb what's happened, fans, staff, players and owner

TBA I'm sure we will get some news soon

I think your dead right about time to absorb what's happened.

I would think AL must have a fair idea if he wants to stick with RW or not. If so then he would probably sit down with him to discuss the best steps forward. If not then sit down with him and find out what he thinks needs sorting then get rid and get someone that can sort it !!!!

Barnsley were quick to post this:

Following defeat at Derby County and results elsewhere, Barnsley Football Club have been relegated to Sky Bet League One for the 2018/19 season.   

The Club acknowledges the disappointment of relegation and shares the view of supporters that this has been a disappointing season of results. The aim is now to have a proactive summer both on and off the pitch, in order to gain promotion back to the Sky Bet Championship.

Following a relegation clause within their contracts, the employment of José Morais, Dimas Teixeira and Joao Cunhã has been terminated with immediate effect.

Might be seen as a little patronising but at least they have acknowledged their situation 

3 minutes ago, phoenix blue and tangerine said:

Barnsley were quick to post this:

Following defeat at Derby County and results elsewhere, Barnsley Football Club have been relegated to Sky Bet League One for the 2018/19 season.   

The Club acknowledges the disappointment of relegation and shares the view of supporters that this has been a disappointing season of results. The aim is now to have a proactive summer both on and off the pitch, in order to gain promotion back to the Sky Bet Championship.

Following a relegation clause within their contracts, the employment of José Morais, Dimas Teixeira and Joao Cunhã has been terminated with immediate effect.

Might be seen as a little patronising but at least they have acknowledged their situation 

Wonder if we had a relegation clause in RW contract?

4 hours ago, LaticsLegend said:

Assuming there will be one of those fake AL quotes through the official next week. You know those ones that contain words and phrases he would never say, ending with a cringy 'Come on Oldham' or something of thay ilk.

It’s more come on old ham

11 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I dont think Wellens can be that hasty as he probably wont be in charge of those releases anymore.

Well a contrite Wellens attempting to be upbeat.  They know who they want to keep and who to get rid.  Players of character.  Pity they disciplined one of the players of character and shot themselves in the foot.

1 minute ago, Hands on said:

Well a contrite Wellens attempting to be upbeat.  They know who they want to keep and who to get rid.  Players of character.  Pity they disciplined one of the players of character and shot themselves in the foot.

I cant imagine they just disciplined him for a laugh