Club Statement(Lack of one)

23 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I havent read this "newspaper" article - wasn't the gist that the club is in a mess and players weren't getting paid, etc?

Why would Corney say that to the press when it's ultimately his own fault?

With apologies for a couple of typos as I was doing it at work and had to keep closing my browser.

https://t.co/MYtF1Rr0Ar

19 minutes ago, leeslover said:

It said that Corney was so worried about things he was thinking about coming back. A few days before he was due to be sacked by the Board. And he offered it to other reporters.

It was Corney.

That he was trying to engineer a comeback was the bit I found completely unbelievable. He, of all people, would know that he would not be welcome back with open arms.

And there is no way that article would change anything to that effect one iota IMHO.

i believe he cared deeply for the club, but not THAT much.

Thats encouraging to read. 

The fact that since the article Fane has been offered a new deal and despite being relegated Wellens hasnt been fired and Corney has clearly shows who was most likely to blame its an awful parting shot at the club it really is.

Any goodwill that was left from the supporters for him has now evaporated.

the source of the article was Corney.

I hope you can understand to some degree, the nature of the person who in the end couldn't sustain us and has been fighting tooth and Nail with the Trust over the last few seasons to keep hold of what he could. That it has been a very hard slog on all the Trust directors.

Your Trust rep took the face to face part of it all and I hope you can at least appreciate what a personal toll it took out of Simon Brooke. It was not pleasant at times and we did discuss as a Trust to write to the club to "remind" them of their zero tolerance policy with regards to bullying and equality and diversity in the workplace.

We have been firefighting to some degree to protect the club's good name and those employed under that regime. I have no doubt in my mind that Corney had good intentions at first but hhe lack of resources open to him and living on a mouth to mouth existence could not last. Yes he did introduces us to Al and at that point the Trust decided not to jeopardise the negotiations, especially your rep who was at the end of it all . This is not over, I am sure There is fight left in our ex owner to separate us all.

I hope we can all pull together now to drive our club on, we need to be strong. Now is the time for us all to take a deep breath, try to learn from teh mistakes, support each other . Al has offered a clean slate to some already, but he won't tolerate fools especially those that tried to exploit his good nature/good faith.. Now is the time to pull together your club, your new Owner and your trust needs you.

Edited by underdog

1 hour ago, singe said:

That he was trying to engineer a comeback was the bit I found completely unbelievable. He, of all people, would know that he would not be welcome back with open arms.

And there is no way that article would change anything to that effect one iota IMHO.

i believe he cared deeply for the club, but not THAT much.

Cared deeply enough to feed that shyte to the "press" the day before our most important game in years?

Wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire 

27 minutes ago, leeslover said:

We'll most likely have a far better relationship with the owners of the North Stand now Corney has gone

Quite probably. I was told about a year ago that Blitz and Corney had fallen out.

2 hours ago, underdog said:

I hope you can understand to some degree, the nature of the person who in the end couldn't sustain us and has been fighting tooth and Nail with the Trust over the last few seasons to keep hold of what he could. That it has been a very hard slog on all the Trust directors.

Your Trust rep took the face to face part of it all and I hope you can at least appreciate what a personal toll it took out of Simon Brooke. It was not pleasant at times and we did discuss as a Trust to write to the club to "remind" them of their zero tolerance policy with regards to bullying and equality and diversity in the workplace.

We have been firefighting to some degree to protect the club's good name and those employed under that regime. I have no doubt in my mind that Corney had good intentions at first but hhe lack of resources open to him and living on a mouth to mouth existence could not last. Yes he did introduces us to Al and at that point the Trust decided not to jeopardise the negotiations, especially your rep who was at the end of it all . This is not over, I am sure There is fight left in our ex owner to separate us all.

I hope we can all pull together now to drive our club on, we need to be strong. Now is the time for us all to take a deep breath, try to learn from teh mistakes, support each other . Al has offered a clean slate to some already, but he won't tolerate fools especially those that tried to exploit his good nature/good faith.. Now is the time to pull together your club, your new Owner and your trust needs you.

What does Corney get out of all of this?

2 minutes ago, OldHallam said:

Bit of context here I have met Tracey once and a decent person who is a good walker and good company.

I have met Corney once and wouldnt wish to repeat it more of a w@@ker. 

Hope that is factual Tracey as would seal his standing in latics history as in the Moore class. A disgraceful article whomever responsible.  

How many miles a day does Tracey walk?

4 hours ago, underdog said:

Here's hoping a corner has been turned. I do hope more transparency will prevail all around.
It's not right that you have had to shoulder this on your own, and that some of it should have been exposed.

Edited by singe

14 minutes ago, singe said:

Thank you Underdog, LL, Jorvik, Andy, for the reminding me that a lot goes on in the background that you don't see, that it is easy to forget and take at face value. Appreciated.

Thanks Singe. 

Although the thanks is appreciated, it’s not why we do it. There is a lot that goes on and I apologise that we can’t always say what is going on. I just hope people can understand and feel that we are doing things as a Trust for the benefit of the fans and safeguarding of the club. I’ll also hold my hands up and say we could do more formally to communicate but the past 18-24 months have been a struggle for us. It’s been easier to answer things on here and other social media which I feel has improved since a few years ago - it’s not a formal channel but it’s some communication at least. 

Obviously SC has been forced off the board, whether it was because of this article in The Sun or not I don't know. What bothers me is why SC seems to have been causing friction off the field. What is it that he didn't like about the way the club was being run. I can see that AL was not aware of what state the pitch and training facilities get into from January onwards and would blame SC for not telling him. This could have led to them falling out, but SC got his money. We all know that SC was juggling money around to make ends meet, so why is he complaining about how the club is run now, It all seems very odd to me.

8 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Obviously SC has been forced off the board, whether it was because of this article in The Sun or not I don't know. What bothers me is why SC seems to have been causing friction off the field. What is it that he didn't like about the way the club was being run. I can see that AL was not aware of what state the pitch and training facilities get into from January onwards and would blame SC for not telling him. This could have led to them falling out, but SC got his money. We all know that SC was juggling money around to make ends meet, so why is he complaining about how the club is run now, It all seems very odd to me.

Corney all but bankrupted the club and wanted to find someone to put money in whilst allowing him to carry on like before. What benefit he had from how he ran the club previously would be a matter of conjecture as he denied the Trust it's legal right to inspect the finances.

Edited by leeslover
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, leeslover said:

Corney all but bankrupted the club and wanted to find someone to put money in whilst allowing him to carry on like before. What benefit he had from how he ran the club previously would be a matter of conjecture as he denied the Trust it's legal right to inspect the finances.

Which in itself tells me all I need to know, good riddance and onwards and upwards I say, we deserve a change of fortune and if we do stumble into any success it will taste all the sweeter without him involved.