Forest Green (away) Saturday 11th August 2018

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

Not sure what people expect. Do you realise how poor our squad is this season? We needed to strengthen to have a chance of competing this season and instead we’ve weakened significantly. To think I got dog’s abuse for calling our recruitment a disgrace...

There’s two teams worse than us and I’m confident we won’t go down. Anyone who expects us to be around that top 7 is deluded - the poorest Latics squad in half a century.

You been watching us half a century ?

Guest Stanley30

Question, if the club had allowed the rugby team to play at BP. Would they have invested? I’m guessing most of u will say no and downvote, but I look at Dale and Huddersfield and wonder. As together we would be stronger

Edited by Stanley30

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Not sure what people expect. Do you realise how poor our squad is this season? We needed to strengthen to have a chance of competing this season and instead we’ve weakened significantly. To think I got dog’s abuse for calling our recruitment a disgrace...

There’s two teams worse than us and I’m confident we won’t go down. Anyone who expects us to be around that top 7 is deluded - the poorest Latics squad in half a century.

I don't understand Latics "fans" revelling in this.

#iwasrightweareshitboys

2 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

You been watching us half a century ?

This is the lowest level we’ve competed at since the early 70’s and this squad will finish below 10 in this division.

I honestly don’t understand why expectations were so high before the season started? We’ll be fine but talks of challenging are just silly.

Just now, Stanley30 said:

Question, if the club had allowed the rugby team to plat at BP. Would they have invested? I’m guessing most of u will say no and downvote, but I look at Dale and Huddersfield and wonder. As together we would be stronger

The roughyeads are as skint as us - only 350 at one home match this season. Plus they couldn't meet their rent when they were getting 5 x that attendances.

1 minute ago, Magic Mikey said:

I don't understand Latics "fans" revelling in this.

#iwasrightweareshitboys

I get absolutely no pleasure from this. I’m just trying to understand why expectations are so high? Our squad is poor.

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Nobody is revelling in anything. 

We’re all desperate to do well, as a team and a club- hence the despair. 

Exactly.

I’m hardly saying we’re going down with 0 points and AR and FB should be sacked at half-time. Expectations need to be realistic. 11th-16th this season. We’re away at a very ambitious club.

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

Exactly.

I’m hardly saying we’re going down with 0 points and AR and FB should be sacked at half-time. Expectations need to be realistic. 11th-16th this season. We’re away at a very ambitious club.

I said I’d take a point before hand. 

I defintley would now, hopefully we improve second half. 

Guest Stanley30
7 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

The roughyeads are as skint as us - only 350 at one home match this season. Plus they couldn't meet their rent when they were getting 5 x that attendances.

Yeah but ur looking at now, not potentially could be. The town needs to come together on this. Roughyeds used to get 8k    plus at waterhead and I believe there is still a massive appetite for RL in our town. Imagine how good it could be if both worked together, with the support of the council and the town

Just now, HallamBlue said:

A team containing, Mills, Brown, Winchester, Mills and Reid yet one up with one shot sort of sets alarm bells ringing to everyone. However some of the fuckwits on here will be loving the degree of early struggle. Ryan,  Kusunga, Stanley you are a disgrace in any fanbase.and others! are and not and never will be Oldham Athletic supporters as the clue is in supporters. They are people who appear to get off on any snippet of bad news, outcome or speculation. Sadly the club make it easy for them to CONSTANTLY have a pop.  BP1960 is right and clearly AL despite my best efforts to give the bloke a chance has managed to divide the fan base to lowest point in my 55 years of supporting OAFC.  Corney is no hero and 100% responsible for getting us to this position. As for revelling in it of course some are.  Ryan is taking shit to a new level.  Give Bunn 8 games and we can see if we have reason to worry its very early days. As for Rugby and im a big fan of RL, Oldham fucked that up when moved from Watersheddings never paid Latics and can rot in hell. 

I’ve said I think Bunn is a decent coach. I’ve said I don’t think we’ll go down but I also don’t understand why people expected promotion. Please tell me why I’m talking shit. 

Cheers.