Forest Green (away) Saturday 11th August 2018

Just now, yarddog73 said:

No its not this is shocking and we don't have a goal in us even if we play till next Saturday, O'Grady is a fucking fraud stealing a living.

I agree about O’Grady, but I was referring to the season not the match. 

1 minute ago, HallamBlue said:

A team containing, Mills, Brown, Winchester, Mills and Reid yet one up with one shot sort of sets alarm bells ringing to everyone. However some of the fuckwits on here will be loving the degree of early struggle. Ryan,  Kusunga, Stanley you are a disgrace in any fanbase.and others! are and not and never will be Oldham Athletic supporters as the clue is in supporters. They are people who appear to get off on any snippet of bad news, outcome or speculation. Sadly the club make it easy for them to CONSTANTLY have a pop.  BP1960 is right and clearly AL despite my best efforts to give the bloke a chance has managed to divide the fan base to lowest point in my 55 years of supporting OAFC.  Corney is no hero and 100% responsible for getting us to this position. As for revelling in it of course some are.  Ryan is taking shit to a new level.  Give Bunn 8 games and we can see if we have reason to worry its very early days. As for Rugby and im a big fan of RL, Oldham fucked that up when moved from Watersheddings never paid Latics and can rot in hell. 

I can’t be a fan because i’m criticsing a side that is literally the worst we’ve had in 30 years. Fold.

That was pratty bad.  They were by far the better side after they scored.  Seriously need another man up top to help out, Baxter or Bentenke to come on.

We have no cohesion and nothing is sticking up top.  Need to push up the pitch.

Have we had a shot?  

Are we playing 4-4-1-1?  1 man in the box when we had decent crosses, we can only improve you would hope.

Just now, Stanley30 said:

Yeah but ur looking at now, not potentially could be. The town needs to come together on this. Roughyeds used to get 8k    plus at waterhead and I believe there is still a massive appetite for RL in our town. Imagine how good it could be if both worked together, with the support of the council and the town

I am looking at now, not 20 years ago when they were in the top division and sadly that time has long gone for us and them. We are in the bottom league, as are they, and the potential support of both clubs has dwindled tremendously and will never fully return no matter what is served up on the pitch. As for the council they struggle to empty bins and maintain roads due to the governments penny pinching.

6 minutes ago, HallamBlue said:

A team containing, Mills, Brown, Winchester, Mills and Reid yet one up with one shot sort of sets alarm bells ringing to everyone. However some of the fuckwits on here will be loving the degree of early struggle. Ryan,  Kusunga, Stanley you are a disgrace in any fanbase.and others! are and not and never will be Oldham Athletic supporters as the clue is in supporters. They are people who appear to get off on any snippet of bad news, outcome or speculation. Sadly the club make it easy for them to CONSTANTLY have a pop.  BP1960 is right and clearly AL despite my best efforts to give the bloke a chance has managed to divide the fan base to lowest point in my 55 years of supporting OAFC.  Corney is no hero and 100% responsible for getting us to this position. As for revelling in it of course some are.  Ryan is taking shit to a new level.  Give Bunn 8 games and we can see if we have reason to worry its very early days. As for Rugby and im a big fan of RL, Oldham fucked that up when moved from Watersheddings never paid Latics and can rot in hell. 

A disgrace? 

Do you know them personally? 

Or are you massively over reacting to debate on a football forum? 

Oh the irony. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

A disgrace? 

Do you know them personally? 

Or are you massively over reacting to debate on a football forum? 

Oh the irony. 

I’m talking shit because I think we’ll be fine but also won’t be challenging. Apparently I’m the unreasonable one.

Forest Green are a small club, much smaller than Latics. BUT they’ve got a decent side for this level and a chairman who will keep ploughing money in until they get to the Championship. It’s absolutely no shock if we lose today and certainly no reason to have a meltdown.

Just now, sjk2008 said:

That was horrific.

TBH, this away day has been shit already anyway.

Chris O Grady is an absolutely disgrace to this level - looks like a fucking pensioner - and offers nothing. 

Get me home.

Feel for you mate.

I don’t care what anyone says, the way fans (who are there) are describing our play is a real worry. It’s the start of the season, surely they should be comping at the bit. 

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

I’m talking shit because I think we’ll be fine but also won’t be challenging. Apparently I’m the unreasonable one.

Forest Green are a small club, much smaller than Latics. BUT they’ve got a decent side for this level and a chairman who will keep ploughing money in until they get to the Championship. It’s absolutely no shock if we lose today and certainly no reason to have a meltdown.

Agreed. 

1 minute ago, PlayItLivo said:

Wondering how long it’ll be before people start to admit getting rid of Davies was a bad decision.

He didn’t want to be here since January after which he was wank, I agree our forwards look poor but what makes you think Davies would suddenly have cheered himself up and actually turned up in a division lower when he still didn’t want to be here?

14 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

He didn’t want to be here since January after which he was wank, I agree our forwards look poor but what makes you think Davies would suddenly have cheered himself up and actually turned up in a division lower when he still didn’t want to be here?

Players get refused moves all the time. New season, new start, no reason to think he wouldn’t have committed himself. He’s ended up at Mansfield, not exactly a prestigious step up. I’m sure staying with us wouldn’t have been that much of a big deal to him.