Forest Green (away) Saturday 11th August 2018

I have to say, after watching that, I'm having some reservations about Bunn's selection and tactical nous.

I am assuming that we have added Clarke, Miller & Surridge to the treatment room list this week.

As for that team...….dear god......O'Grady with Coke behind him.

O' Grady was beaten to every ball by their 2 lads at the back so why not put Benteke on to at least pull one of them out of position.

Who is this Coke lad.....because I have yet to see a positive contribution from him in his 2 half games. I hope Bunn drops him altogether or at best benched. 

Why did we keep Nepo and Branger on the same wings for the full match......neither of whom were troubling their respective opposition full backs.

Well done to Gardner and Iverson for their efforts.

36 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

I have to say, after watching that, I'm having some reservations about Bunn's selection and tactical nous.

I am assuming that we have added Clarke, Miller & Surridge to the treatment room list this week.

As for that team...….dear god......O'Grady with Coke behind him.

O' Grady was beaten to every ball by their 2 lads at the back so why not put Benteke on to at least pull one of them out of position.

Who is this Coke lad.....because I have yet to see a positive contribution from him in his 2 half games. I hope Bunn drops him altogether or at best benched. 

Why did we keep Nepo and Branger on the same wings for the full match......neither of whom were troubling their respective opposition full backs.

Well done to Gardner and Iverson for their efforts.

All valid apart from this bit - Nepo in particular had the chance to put in 4 or 5 good crosses, but each one went straight to the keeper!

1 minute ago, oafcmetty said:

All valid apart from this bit - Nepo in particular had the chance to put in 4 or 5 good crosses, but each one went straight to the keeper!

Can't disagree with your point but O'Grady still would not have got on the end of better crosses.

6 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Last week Clarke was 'ill' and this week he's 'still carrying a knee injury'. Very odd.

What's the conspiracy theory for this one? He's suspended? His appearance fees are too high? He sold AL a knock off pair of jeans and they split causing embarrassment so he's sentenced him to train with the tea lady?

No conspiracy theory here, Fluffy. It’s just a bit weird. In last Thursday’s presser we only had 2 injuries which were the long-term ones, last Saturday post-match Bunn says Clarke is suffering from an illness that kept him out of training on Thursday and Friday and today he’s apparently still got sore knee. Odd.

12 minutes ago, dec666 said:

I know we had injuries, but that's definitely the lowest I've ever felt watching us.

A team that's a long way from competing in the basement division. It hurts.

It'll compete, but we want more.

Edited by welshgaz

As others have written, poor first half but better second. Baxter gave us a little more Invention. It is very evident though that Jose is carrying an injury and should probably not have played as he will only have aggravated the problem. Two absolute world class saves from Iversen kept us in the game. The team battled defensively but look what they are which is an inexperienced back four prone to making mistakes. Edit* Special mention for Gardner who has put in two decent performances and maybe has found the right level and role. 

Given all the missing players, this is a poor team and a point was probably more than we deserved. Too many today seemed off the pace with O’Grady, Hunt, Missilou and Coke the main culprits.

And why oh why do we bring everyone back at corners and free kicks? Each time we clear the ball it comes straight back ?

Edited by TheBigDog

6 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

As others have written, poor first half but better second. Baxter gave us a little more Invention. It is very evident though that Jose is carrying an injury and should probably not played as he will only have aggravated the problem. Two absolute world class saves from Iversen kept us in the game. They battled defensively but look what they are which is an inexperienced back four prone to making mistakes. 

Given all the missing players, this is a poor team and a point was probably more than we deserved. Too many today seemed off the pace with O’Grady, Hunt, Missilou and Coke the main culprits.

And why oh why do we bring everyone back at corners and free kicks? Each time we clear the ball it comes straight back ?

First goalkeeper I've ever seen have to dive full length to save a shot in middle of his goal.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Clarke the big warrior hard man, didn't play much pre season and now missing matches through illness/sore knee. Could be plausible I suppose...

Do you think any of this 'mystery' surrounding Clarke could be a hangover from his shipping out to Bury, at the tail-end of last season? I am not in the camp that believes the club has to release every detail of every goings on within it's walls...but...with the way social media can fan the flames of discontent, somebody at the club should see sense and make an effort to quell said flames. 

2 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Do you think any of this 'mystery' surrounding Clarke could be a hangover from his shipping out to Bury, at the tail-end of last season? I am not in the camp that believes the club has to release every detail of every goings on within it's walls...but...with the way social media can fan the flames of discontent, somebody at the club should see sense and make an effort to quell said flames. 

Not convinced he will play for us again...

While walking past the official entrance, Mrs S and I were invited into the stadium to look round the hospitality set-up - very similar to FCUM's.

Some pictures and video of the penalty:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/diego_sideburns/albums/72157694272818470

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Only two matches in and I'd say we are five or six players short, Hunt, Missilou, Branger, Nepo all well below average and Coke (again) and O'Grady were a disgrace, thought Gardner, Edmondson, Hamer and Graham all come away with credit and Iverson was superb but let's be honest here in two games we've created nothing, don't look like a team, Maouche - is he even a footballer and Bunn already looks like a beaten man.

I expect the few hundred extra on the gate to be soon lost if this debacle continues and it's difficult to take any positives out of a performance where we created nothing in open play, AL needs to get his fucking finger out and stop fucking about with our football club before we drop out of this league altogether.

13 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I have the same convictions as you.
Ditto with Byrne...although he has already gone, apparently.

Thats my view too.  It’s been posted a few times as to how much has been wiped off the wage bill with all the departures prior to new season starting.  Gerrard fired, now Byrne allegedly and other high earners are mysteriously injured, sick etc.

I get this horrible feeling that AL is forcing all these players out, signing players on much lower wages and either reducing the wage bill to an absolute minimum or he’s skint having gambled on last season.

Genuinely worried for this season; was frustrated but accustomed to lower table League 1 but lower table League 2?? Nah, we deserve more with a 4000 fanbase and hopefully I’m wrong and AL allows FB to strengthen these coming weeks via loan deals.