Forest Green (away) Saturday 11th August 2018

Guest Stanley30
41 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I am looking at now, not 20 years ago when they were in the top division and sadly that time has long gone for us and them. We are in the bottom league, as are they, and the potential support of both clubs has dwindled tremendously and will never fully return no matter what is served up on the pitch. As for the council they struggle to empty bins and maintain roads due to the governments penny pinching.

I know where ur coming from, but I look at Huddersfield and just think what if we had a forward thinking council. I don’t believe that either of the clubs are dead yet. From an RL point of view, it’s played in every secondary school and is still strong. We just some positive thinking plans to accommodate both. A successful football and Rl team would have a massive impact on the local economy 

Not a disaster given we are missing 7 first teamers. This 11 will struggle but there's 7 very good players at this level to come back in.

Just hope we don't fall too far off the pace before the majority are back.

Beat Macc on Saturday and 4 points wouldn't have been a disaster start. 

• Like 1

Know i’m going to get downboated into next week...

We didn’t deserve that, they should have had about 5. Baxter changed the game and is a different class at this level.  Hanging on for a 1-1 draw there is absolutely criminal. Clapped off as well. We need answers and fast because that was a fluke. A team on their day would have swept us aside.

2 minutes ago, HallamBlue said:

yes a disgrace as a supporter as rarely see any support perhaps they should try it..... they might be decent people but dont see any love for the club. Oh the irony indeed. 

Nobody has to hold themselves to your self proclaimed level of support. 

You don’t stand for the clubs moral code. People should be allowed their say without being labelled a disgrace, just because you disagree with them. 

12 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

:petesake:

I’ve spent all summer moaning about how poor our recruitment has been and got dog’s abuse for it on here. I’m basing my expectations on our poor squad. The fans have been badly let down by the board - the amount of money saved on wages since last season is in the millions and the only decent signings were Baxter and Andy Taylor. Even then, that’s a left-back who couldn’t get a game for fucking Blackpool and a lad who’s seriously unfit and been out of the game for years due to drugs use (he’s still mint though?). Their combined wages will be about 3k a week, that’s less than we were paying Preston for Ben Pringle. I’m gutted that the club has come to settle for being average in League Two - but that’s exactly what has happened this season and why I’ve done nothing but moan all summer. Bunn and Rhodes have a squad completely devoid of quality barring JBB (who I don’t think we’ll get many minutes out of). 

Today the poorest Latics squad in half a century got a point away against a well-run club who have a solid spine of a team. It’s decent. 

Edited by Ryan

13 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Sounds like we stole a point...at Forest Green Rovers.

Injuries or otherwise, is that what we consider to be "decent" these days?

A point away is always decent, don’t care who or when or where we are playing. 

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Yes I agree, we are fucking dreadful though. Especially with the three or four frauds we have around the team,  without a Iverson we get beat by three or four there.

It said on Radio manc that Iverson kept us in the game at one point in the second half from what you are saying it sounds dreadful.

What can we do to resolve it?

Shit ground, shit game, shit PA, shit weather, shit day. No idea why Benteke wasn't brought on for O'Grady. On the plus side we looked miles better when Baxter came on and Iversen had a very good game. And the pies were great. 

Edited by rosa