Northampton (a)

Well that was a bit of a shambles tbh

Ref was truly shocking, you knew the minute he gave the red he wanted to even things up and chose the penalty to do so

we are so poor going forward it is almost unbelievable, every pass is under hit or over hit and the build up play so slow that the opposition know exactly what we’re going to do

Against ten men we created 1 chance, the goal, and even that was just a scamble after Lang had bottled yet another challenge 

our squad is dire, utterly dire and if we do end up in a relegation battle we will not survive as they simply don’t have the individual or collective fight

i don’t think Frankie really knows what he is doing and I think AL is a charlatan, a fraud and very dangerous but a large part of the blame will always remain with the so called  3 amigos for their lies and the way they have structured the cub and the sale which leaves us with almost no chance of getting out of this downward spiral

sad times but I will be at Stevenage because this is still my club not theirs and we may have to do a Wimbledon but so be it

Keep the faith

19 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Well that was a bit of a shambles tbh

Ref was truly shocking, you knew the minute he gave the red he wanted to even things up and chose the penalty to do so

The penalty wasn't a difficult decision. Edmundson practically double dribbled the ball. Brainless from him. The referee was very much in our favour today - gave us a lot of suspect decisions...

32 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The penalty wasn't a difficult decision. Edmundson practically double dribbled the ball. Brainless from him. The referee was very much in our favour today - gave us a lot of suspect decisions...

Fair enough, must admit, no one around seem to know what had happened 

still think he let the game get away from him but you’re right, he didn’t cost us the game, we did that ourselves

Thought the ref was quite good today and got the majority of decisions right, apart from the free kick leading to their first goal.

Iversen - names spelt wrong on his shirt... didn’t have anything to do strangely, kicking is weak especially with wind.

Hunt - not bad, got a goal, should have been sacrificed second half as playing winger and he’s not one, final ball shocking.

edmundson - had an absolute shocker, crumbled under pressure.

Clarke - full of heart and passion but atm looks like a mistake will happen when ball goes near him.

Hamer - decent game

Nepo - non existent, crosses the ball and nobody is in the box.

once again (been saying it for weeks) Gardner was shocking, only this time Bunn had the balls to sub him and was at fault for first goal, gave the ball away more than usual.

Missilou - not bad, needs more confidence on the ball and needs to add a final ball to his game.

Maouche - best player on the pitch second half played centrally. Conditions playing 10 probably suited him.

Lang - back on the wing, god knows why, never seen a winger, lightweight and didn’t offer much, tries and runs his heart out tho.

oGrady - what’s the point? 

Baxter - tries hard, few important tackles, lost the ball a few times but at least they are actual forward passes he’s losing them with. Good In possession.

Miller - big unit, has pace and power, Another decent cameo unlucky not to start.

Benteke - lazy, uninterested, braindead... can’t see a footballer in him I’m afraid.

Bunn. Needs to go, out of his depth, tactically clueless. More half time subs. Brings miller on sticks him out wide, takes our wingers off and we attack down wings where final ball will be shit... big target man is out wide instead of on the end of said crosses. Negative, boring, dull.... could go on.

Never fucking going Northampton again.

4 hours ago, oldhamoafc said:

Never fucking going Northampton again.

On the evidence of yesterday, it looks like there are a few players who are hellbent on making that statement a reality.

Hi, my name is <insert crap players name here>, Happy to help.

I tried to add a drop down selection, but my phone ran out of memory.

Edited by L1onheartNew

3 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

Gardner should be embarrassed at showing his face tomorrow after that first goal...

While I agree he shat it, why was he left marking Van Veen? Had a similar thing recently where Lang I think was left marking the big striker and we conceded from a set piece. It’s just bizarre. 

8 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

While I agree he shat it, why was he left marking Van Veen? Had a similar thing recently where Lang I think was left marking the big striker and we conceded from a set piece. It’s just bizarre. 

Didn't go, so can't be sure of this - but they have a biggish team, and would guess he's one of our taller players? Clarke, COG, George and maybe Hamer to mark 3 centre halves, van Veen, O'Toole.

COG usually marks the front post space too. 

47 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

Didn't go, so can't be sure of this - but they have a biggish team, and would guess he's one of our taller players? Clarke, COG, George and maybe Hamer to mark 3 centre halves, van Veen, O'Toole.

COG usually marks the front post space too. 

Worked on set plays during the week said FB.

Absolutely disgraceful that he started O'Grady up front again - I would genuinely put a dog up front instead of him. He's useless and he needs to accept that it's not working out for anyone and the time has come to hang up his boots.

Bunn is off. His body language showed it. I imagine we'll have Gary Bowyer in by the time we play Hampton, maybe even earlier. He is massively out of his depth. He stuck two big lads up front and then took off the only winger who can actually cross a ball!

Another note on yesterday, I'm a big fan of his, but Edmundson had a stinker, culminating in his ridiculous handball.

I'm absolutely delighted I gave up my Saturday to go...

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Absolutely disgraceful that he started O'Grady up front again - I would genuinely put a dog up front instead of him. He's useless and he needs to accept that it's not working out for anyone and the time has come to hang up his boots.

Bunn is off. His body language showed it. I imagine we'll have Gary Bowyer in by the time we play Hampton, maybe even earlier. He is massively out of his depth. He stuck two big lads up front and then took off the only winger who can actually cross a ball!

Another note on yesterday, I'm a big fan of his, but Edmundson had a stinker, culminating in his ridiculous handball.

What was Bowyer's style of play at Blackpool? I didn't see much of them. Although can't be more defensive minded than Bunn

The ridiculousness of persisting with O'Grady and general tactics seems strange and something that a man with 20 years coaching experience wouldn't continue with when it's so obviously going to fail. 

Maybe Bunn (or any subsequent managers..) doesn't have compete autonomy on picking the team.

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

The ridiculousness of persisting with O'Grady and general tactics seems strange and something that a man with 20 years coaching experience wouldn't continue with when it's so obviously going to fail. 

Maybe Bunn (or any subsequent managers..) doesn't have compete autonomy on picking the team.

I'm sure he does have complete autonomy he just doesn't have a clue, he just show no traits of being a manager never mind a good one, no doubt he's well respected in coaching circles but it's plain to see why he's never managed before.

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I'm sure he does have complete autonomy he just doesn't have a clue, he just show no traits of being a manager never mind a good one, no doubt he's well respected in coaching circles but it's plain to see why he's never managed before.

Have the days of man managers disappeared like 4-4-2?

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Apart from the supposed obsession with playing O'Grady up front on his own (and possibly his media-handling skills..), what other traits would you say he is lacking?

He's been given no budget, has had his assistant sacked for reasons unknown and has to try and motivate a load of players who don't even get paid on time...and that's just the constraints we know about.

A manager with proven "traits" would struggle.

16 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Apart from the supposed obsession with playing O'Grady up front on his own (and possibly his media-handling skills..), what other traits would you say he is lacking?

Putting two big lads up front in the 2nd half and then taking off the only winger who can actually cross a ball, constantly getting his team selection wrong which then means he has to make yet another half time sub and possibly the biggest trait of all that he is lacking is the fact he doesn't win many games...

3 minutes ago, JoeP said:

He's been given no budget, has had his assistant sacked for reasons unknown and has to try and motivate a load of players who don't even get paid on time...and that's just the constraints we know about.

A manager with proven "traits" would struggle.

Picking O'Grady week in week out is proof alone but more importantly to me is that his persona is all wrong, he looks a beat man on the touchline when things aren't going to plan, slouched over - hands on hips he seems to struggle to motivate himself and in my opinion that's a huge weakness, going round the pitch after games punching your chest is all well and good when we've gone a beat the mighty Morecambe or Macclesfield but hows about showing some passion on the sidelines when your blokes are fighting in the trenches, games pass him by in the same way it does half of his players and his loyalty to absolute dire footballers is frightening in much the same way it was to the likes of Dunn who carried on picking players like Brown when it's obvious to six year olds in the stands where our weaknesses lie.

He needs to grow some balls and sharpish but the guys so stuck in his ways it's highly unlikely, I'm sure he's a thoroughly decent man but for me he should do the honourable thing and walk away whilst his reputation is still intact, for me he will never cut it in the dugout and for all the supposed failings of this team a manager in Grayson, Brown or Curle mould would have this group of players comfortably in the play offs with just a little bit more desire and ambition to actually play on the front foot. 

Let's face it if he hadn't such an affiliation with the club he'd of been hounded out long ago because the football in recent weeks has been nothing short of disgraceful, I can't even be arsed to go anymore as it feels like a total waste of time and there are plenty who I talk too with season tickets and without who feel exactly the same way, it's shit really shit and you can defend Bunn all you want but the fact remains from what he's showed so far that he's not up to the job.

Personally I wouldn't risk letting him be in charge for the game in the FA Cup because defeat would be an absolute disaster and you'd have to say at the moment there's a definite risk of that. 

4 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Putting two big lads up front in the 2nd half and then taking off the only winger who can actually cross a ball, constantly getting his team selection wrong which then means he has to make yet another half time sub and possibly the biggest trait of all that he is lacking is the fact he doesn't win many games...

Won as many he's lost, but I agree the tactics have been awful - so awful on occasions it doesn't make sense.  If, as is being suggested in the other thread, that the line-up is being influenced by the owner/owner's associates, what chance does he (or anyone) have?

Just now, JoeP said:

Won as many he's lost, but I agree the tactics have been awful - so awful on occasions it doesn't make sense.  If, as is being suggested in the other thread, that the line-up is being influenced by the owner/owner's associates, what chance does he (or anyone) have?

The owner is insisting on O'Grady being picked week in week out?

5 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He was chesterfield player of the season, well would have been if they didn’t cancel the awards. He isn’t as bad as people make out!

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

The owner is insisting on O'Grady being picked week in week out?

Makes more sense than the manager doing it - it seems like a decision made by someone who knows nothing about football...

Just now, latics22 said:

He was chesterfield player of the season, well would have been if they didn’t cancel the awards. He isn’t as bad as people make out!

They voted for him as a piss take leading to the awards being cancelled, you really think he'd of posted more votes than Kristian Dennis who bagged over 20 in a relegated team? He scored two in thIrty odd appearances and he won't fare any better this season.