Protest 22/4/19 against Mansfield.

11 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Back on topic I can't help but think we have missed a trick today with Sky being around and not openly showing our dissatisfaction in the way AL is running the club. 

Granted any protest needs a coordinator and full backing from supporters which I'm not sure we have, but surely there is enough local supporters to have sorted something out and at least get the Sky pundits talking about it. 

Could have been anything really at some point during the game.... Even during HT so not to affect the players too much. 

Prob won't get such an opportunity again 😔

2 nil down after 20 minutes and things will soon warm up...

5 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Back on topic I can't help but think we have missed a trick today with Sky being around and not openly showing our dissatisfaction in the way AL is running the club. 

Granted any protest needs a coordinator and full backing from supporters which I'm not sure we have, but surely there is enough local supporters to have sorted something out and at least get the Sky pundits talking about it. 

Could have been anything really at some point during the game.... Even during HT so not to affect the players too much. 

Prob won't get such an opportunity again 😔

When fans aren’t interested in a protest why would you think Sky would be? I doubt they were even aware of any potential for one. 

Edited by kowenicki

21 minutes ago, latics22 said:

So was there any form of protest? What was the attendance ? I’m in sunny Morecambe, didn’t see the game.

A big protest from Mansfield in last minute but nothing else I noticed. The home support was possibly the best of the season - plenty of noise throughout. 

The game and atmosphere was a marvellous advert for the two teams who attacked and entertained all game. 

Gate 6,100 I think with 1200 from Mansfield. 

You missed a cracker. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, mikeroyboy said:

A big protest from Mansfield in last minute but nothing else I noticed. The home support was possibly the best of the season - plenty of noise throughout. 

The game and atmosphere was a marvellous advert for the two teams who attacked and entertained all game. 

You missed a cracker. 

Felt like a L1 fixture

45 minutes ago, mikeroyboy said:

You missed a cracker. 

All true, can’t disagree with any of that.

The fact remains it was a terrific 90+ minutes on the one hand, and on the other we continue with a complete bell-end of an owner.

57 minutes ago, mikeroyboy said:

You missed a cracker. 

6100, I know was cheap in, but being on sky that’s good going!

32 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

The fact remains it was a terrific 90+ minutes on the one hand, and on the other we continue with a complete bell-end of an owner.

Of the ten people I connect in my area, all have renewed. Fans all over constantly live in hope.  What is going on in AL’s and any partners heads is pure guess work but we must hope that trying this way and that way has not worked very well.

Thoughts for a change of tack maybe from him is where I am. AL does seem to have found a manager who can get a tune out of some of his misfits. Whether there is any mileage in that we will have to wait and see. 

Its the same story at most clubs, just a different script. We we live in hope if we pay up and don’t really make it easier if we turn our backs.   

Days like today can can only help. 

10 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

We’re normally positive and weren’t there....

Same here - often sing my head off - I wasn't there (season card holder) - wish I had been tbh.

Seems like "the protesters" are dwindling rapidly though?

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

Same here - often sing my head off - I wasn't there (season card holder) - wish I had been tbh.

Seems like "the protesters" are dwindling rapidly though?

This season was always going to be about the many using there season tickets up. I gave mine away and will only be attending away games next season, the test of whether there is any fight left will be in St sales for next season. 

13 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

We have a lot of bell-ends as so called fans,who think they know how to run a football club but really have no idea.It is easy to winge about something you know nothing about but the probability is you would be a lot worse.

10 minutes ago, disjointed said:

This season was always going to be about the many using there season tickets up. I gave mine away and will only be attending away games next season, the test of whether there is any fight left will be in St sales for next season. 

If you don't want to put money into the football club then that is up to you but don't come on here acting as though you are some kind of hero because you are not.When the going get s tough the weak f*** off.Either back the club or leave it too the proper fans.