20 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Still a massive ask, if we can take it to the final day it will be a massive achievement. Will also show how absolutely dross this league is!!! Fingers crossed!

By my maths 2 draws over our next 2 games can mean it goes to the final day. The only way 2 draws wouldn't be enough is if Newport win on Saturday, they've got Lincoln at home. 

However, if we beat Exeter but Newport beat both us and Lincoln, we can't catch Newport. 

If we lose at Exeter it's done too, no matter the results we get against Newport and Northampton. 

3 wins and we are in. No matter what. That should be the focus of every fan and staff member. 

Edited by rudemedic
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Hey!  It's not that bad here, we've got...erm...a big John Lewis...and erm...

Nice airport.

The coast within 30 minutes?

Buckfastleigh Abbey just down the road.

Not being Torquay.

• Thanks 1

Me, my girlfriend and my dad will be in the away end.  My brother (season ticket holder) and mates will be in the Big Bank.

On a personal level it's brilliant that the game between the two teams is such a crucial one for both teams, but I hope we smash them.

It will be a tight game.  Their defence is OK but not impregnable, midfield is their strongest area, but while Surridge has been a loss to us Lang has softened the blow, losing Stockley has been a much bigger loss for them.  Bowman has scored a few recently and is a hard working target man, but their threat has certainly diminished since our last meeting.  Law, Boateng and Holmes will be their biggest threats but all from midfield.

We have to start with the same XI as today and 4-2-3-1 with Missilou and Sylla protecting the back 4 will have us well prepared.  If we need to break the deadlock in the 2nd half then Baxter, Dearnley, Branger and Dapo are options that can be used, but being solid and professional is what's needed first and foremost.  Today's team can provide that.

Absolutely can't wait.

9 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Me, my girlfriend and my dad will be in the away end.  My brother (season ticket holder) and mates will be in the Big Bank.

On a personal level it's brilliant that the game between the two teams is such a crucial one for both teams, but I hope we smash them.

It will be a tight game.  Their defence is OK but not impregnable, midfield is their strongest area, but while Surridge has been a loss to us Lang has softened the blow, losing Stockley has been a much bigger loss for them.  Bowman has scored a few recently and is a hard working target man, but their threat has certainly diminished since our last meeting.  Law, Boateng and Holmes will be their biggest threats but all from midfield.

We have to start with the same XI as today and 4-2-3-1 with Missilou and Sylla protecting the back 4 will have us well prepared.  If we need to break the deadlock in the 2nd half then Baxter, Dearnley, Branger and Dapo are options that can be used, but being solid and professional is what's needed first and foremost.  Today's team can provide that.

Absolutely can't wait.

Where is Dearnley ? Was he even on the bench yesterday ? 

Last 3 visits to Exeter, all in League 1;

2011/12 Exeter 2 Latics 0

2010/11 Exeter 2 Latics 0

2009/10 Exeter 1 Latics 1

Last time we won there Nick Henry scored the winner when we were in the Premier League.

Last time we won there in the League, was in our 4th division promotion season in 1970/71. 🙏

Edited by lookersstandandy

I was so hoping that we would still have something to play for when this fixture was pulled out the hat. low and behold it’s only become the biggest game of the season. 

Massive week ahead let’s kick on with 3 points Saturday. 

2 tickets bought this morning from the Latics exiles in Plymouth. Train all booked can’t bloody wait. 

“C’mon you Blues” 

In the midst of negotiating use of the nieces car as mine's in the garage for repairs. We're currently at her brother, my wingman, getting her dad to take her shopping Saturday morning and we pay for her taxi to and from work in the afternoon with potential flowers and Sunday lunch thrown in when we get back...... We're moving on to sorting Brexit on Monday.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, inspectormorose said:

In the midst of negotiating use of the nieces car as mine's in the garage for repairs. We're currently at her brother, my wingman, getting her dad to take her shopping Saturday morning and we pay for her taxi to and from work in the afternoon with potential flowers and Sunday lunch thrown in when we get back...... We're moving on to sorting Brexit on Monday.

Will you be in the bright yellow V W Beetle? One with green "L" plates and a sticker saying "it,s not my fault - it's fitted with a black box".:peepwall:

• Like 3

13 hours ago, latics22 said:

They’re in terrible form so we know what’s coming, poor form normally means they beat us. We seem a bit more resilient these days

Give over...given the Latics recent form, they will not be looking forward to it...change is in the air.