The table never really lies, we’re probably going to finish around 12th in the 4th division....that is where we are as a club.....the real question now is where will we finish next season? 

It’s anyones guess as, Frankly,  we have no idea who will be playing for us, no idea who will be managing us and no idea if our crazy “owner” can afford to pay them

Just now, Ritchierich said:

The table never really lies, we’re probably going to finish around 12th in the 4th division....that is where we are as a club.....the real question now is where will we finish next season? 

It’s anyones guess as, Frankly,  we have no idea who will be playing for us, no idea who will be managing us and no idea if our crazy “owner” can afford to pay them

Its about as uncertain as its ever been, and that's saying something for us!

I’m sad to say I’m surprised we are as high up the league as we are, given Marco owns us. 

Thats is the ultimate indication of how poor this league is. 

Sad also to say I don’t expect us to do any better next season. 

I’d like to see more momentum in some sort of protest. But if we haven’t launched one after all that happened this season I don’t know what it will take. 

I’d like to think spoofers like our owner always get what they deserve eventually. 

Difficult, sad times. 

The womderful Latics supporters I have met over the years deserve so much better. 

Meh. It was always going to be a tough ask to win 3 games in a row with 2 of the those 3 being at teams who are in the promotion race. 

I didn't think they were a top 7 level side. They were a bit meh, but they put their best chance away and we didn't put any of ours away. 

However, a special mention to the other 649 fans who made the trip. That away end was (one of) the best away ends I've been in. It was literally bouncing for almost 75 minutes. 

We keep a lot of that side next year, barring Lang we are likely to be in a shout of keeping all of them, and play like that for 46 games and we will be there or there abouts next season. 

Another mention for their set-up. The social bar they had was well run and organised. It is something our club has been missing ever since the Landlords demolished the Clayton Arms, and possibly before that 

• Like 1

I genuinely think we will go up next season! Wasn’t a 100% this year. If wild as he claims knows every player in the leagues, he should make decent signings! When I was younger I prob knew almost every player in the leagues! This is his job, student of the game!

13 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Meh. It was always going to be a tough ask to win 3 games in a row with 2 of the those 3 being at teams who are in the promotion race. 

I didn't think they were a top 7 level side. They were a bit meh, but they put their best chance away and we didn't put any of ours away. 

However, a special mention to the other 649 fans who made the trip. That away end was (one of) the best away ends I've been in. It was literally bouncing for almost 75 minutes. 

We keep a lot of that side next year, barring Lang we are likely to be in a shout of keeping all of them, and play like that for 46 games and we will be there or there abouts next season. 

Another mention for their set-up. The social bar they had was well run and organised. It is something our club has been missing ever since the Landlords demolished the Clayton Arms, and possibly before that 

We’ll be in and amongst Morecambe, Crawley, Grimsby etc - that second-half was pathetic.

• Like 1

Fighting the owner is pointless! He won’t sell on a wim and there is no one currently interested in buying us ! It’s not good or right! But if we don’t back him we die! I’ve said the opposite I’m guilty of that! But it’s true, we strangle him of cash! What will happen the budget dies! If you love the club, invest it it!

• Like 1

Not long back.... Started the day with an 8 o'clock Spoons breakfast at Shay Wake before driving down with the nephew, deep down I had a Northampton last season feeling that it was a long way and wasn't going to go right (never does for us in recent years does it). By the time we got there I'd convinced myself that this time was our time (because that's what we do as fans eh).

First half thought we were the better side and didn't think they showed much at all, second half was baffling....

This is your season right there, all square and 45 minutes to throw the kitchen sink at it and..... Nothing.

Scrolling through this it's obvious we weren't the only ones who wanted substitutions earlier, so obvious.

So that's it for another season.

Got to mention how impressed I was with Exeter as a fan owned club, even had a fan liaison officer who when we wanted to know where the social club was pretty much gave us a guided tour.

Happy end to the day.... I have beer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Fair shout. Had a top day bar the result. 

Too much shit going on this year which ultimately cost us any chance of promotion 

AL will not budge in his stance imo so we will need to see where we are in August and take it from there. 

Ask yourself who else in our division would have taken 650 fans to Exeter in our situation? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, True Tic said:

He's spent his life savings apparently!

He must be spending his life savings! Can’t be from his monthly salary and dividends, that wouldn’t bank roll the club, personal finances from the owner will come from his life savings, but that doesn’t mean he has no more savings!

13 hours ago, latics22 said:

It is what it is! We Move on ! Football moves on! Adapt or die 

12 hours ago, latics22 said:

Fighting the owner is pointless! He won’t sell on a wim and there is no one currently interested in buying us ! It’s not good or right! But if we don’t back him we die! I’ve said the opposite I’m guilty of that! But it’s true, we strangle him of cash! What will happen the budget dies! If you love the club, invest it it!

I hear what you're saying, but does the possibility that there's no one else to take us on mean AL can do what he wants and the fans just have to take it?

Boycotting/not renewing season tickets sends a message which might make him see the error of his ways (unlikely..) or sell on the cheap to someone else.

If we go over the edge, boycotting/not renewing season tickets won't make that much of a difference in the grand scheme of things - it'll be years of mis-management of the club, which has resulted in a decline that he's accelerated. If fans don't trust him with their money, then I think that's fair enough..

• Like 1

On 4/27/2019 at 5:00 PM, daniel said:

I hate football. I don’t mind losing games, but in a must win game to put in a performance like that, they can fuck off. Tremendous effort from our fans, 650 down there is excellent, feel for them all, they’ve been let down today. Play the kids for the rest of the season, these players have let us down enough this season.

I'm not sure how many we have left at the club. The youth goalie who's been on the bench this season has been released which is why we had no goalie on the bench on Saturday.

Bit deflated about the Exeter game after spending 10 hours travelling there and back  , watching the 2nd half you wouldn't have thought we had a chance of making the  playoffs.. complete different team came out for the last 45mins... To me they looked as if they were playing for a point.. and the subs I was completely baffled by why Pete Wild waited so long to make them... anyway what do I know im just a supporter ? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

Bit deflated about the Exeter game after spending 10 hours travelling there and back  , watching the 2nd half you wouldn't have thought we had a chance of making the  playoffs.. complete different team came out for the last 45mins... To me they looked as if they were playing for a point.. and the subs I was completely baffled by why Pete Wild waited so long to make them... anyway what do I know im just a supporter ? 

That 2nd half was on a par with Northampton away last season no issue with losing but at least give it a go.

Gutted more than any match I can remember since Chesterfield at home in the JPT.  Didn’t even feel this bad after the Northampton game last season.

Losing bragging rights to my brother and mates doesn’t help, but it’s the hope of some form of success rather than the despair that’s the bigger kick in the balls.

The match itself...we were marginally the better team in the 1st half but poor in the 2nd half and went down with a whimper.  They just about deserved the win but weren’t that much better than us.  The disappointment for me is how we got weaker as it got to the crunch rather than stronger.  Wild’s changes sadly added to this.

Zeus – did very well.  Made a few very good saves including the one immediately before their goal.  A couple of near spills were the only negative I can think of but on that performance he’d be worth a go next season when Iversen goes.  Also (and it can’t be ignored) his name might be one of the best in football!

Hamer – flattered to deceive going forward which was disappointing.  Got beaten on his flank for the goal and had a couple of slips.  He’s had a very good first full season but that was his poorest performance that I’ve seen.
Clarke – very good again, one brilliant tackle in particular stands out.  More of a threat when he was chucked up front than O’Grady.  I wouldn’t say it about many players his age but he’s still going strong.  I would happily have him for another year and if/when Edmundson leaves he would probably help Stott progress in a similar manner.  Sadly I think he’ll look for a similar club at our level instead.  On or off the pitch our club will badly miss his influence when he goes.
Edmundson – one brilliant block and a very good overall performance.  I wouldn’t say he’s quite as good on the ball as Tarky but wouldn’t be surprised to see him playing in the Championship either next season or the one after.
Iacovitti – decent.  Strange to see someone of his build at left back but he’s OK on the ball and happy to get forward.  Credit to him justifying his place when it looked like an unnecessary signing back in January.

Missilou – his usual busy self, took a few kickings which probably limited him a bit.  Not as good as he has been but did OK.
Sylla – MotM in my opinion.  He’s definitely adapting to the English game and is an upgrade on Fane.  He broke up play, ran with the ball and gave short, simple passes.  Could see him staying and doing very well next season.

Lang – started brightly but a poor second half and a disappointing performance.  He’s had a great season and has scored some very important goals, sad that he couldn’t do it on Saturday.  I think he’ll make a great striker in a strike partnership if he gets the chance.
Maouche – had our best two shots and was unlucky not to score with either of them.  He also had a few tame shots and was in and out of the game, but at least he didn’t completely hide in conditions that clearly didn’t suit him.  He’s clearly a talented footballer but if the wages he’s reported to be on are true then he’s a luxury player that I doubt we can afford.  I also think he’s a better player in the deeper role whereas Baxter is better in the more advanced role.
Nepomuceno – brilliant against Mansfield, average on Saturday.  Well marshalled by their full backs and didn’t do enough with his crosses.

O’Grady – every squad needs the hard-working, selfless professional striker that Chris O’Grady is.  Sadly as Saturday’s performance showed, we need a better one than Chris O’Grady.

Subs: 

Branger – has showed some usefulness in patches this season, but too often has flattered to deceive.  Showed good control of the ball on Saturday but didn’t really go anywhere with it.
Afolayan – I’ll be honest I’ve not really seen him show anything that convinces me that he was a good signing.  Only 10 mins on Saturday but didn’t make an impact.
Baxter – couldn’t do much in 5 mins.  He had to go deep to get the ball and couldn’t make an impact.  We left it way too late to bring him on.

The ref was not great nor terrible, maybe Williams could’ve got a red for his after the whistle tackle on Clarke but can’t think of too many things other big negatives.

A playoff battle would’ve been a good silver lining around massive dark cloud that is the off-field concerns at the club.  I really hope things get better but at the moment I'm struggling to see it.

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 8:41 AM, ddot_m said:

He must be spending his life savings! Can’t be from his monthly salary and dividends, that wouldn’t bank roll the club, personal finances from the owner will come from his life savings, but that doesn’t mean he has no more savings!

Don't think we will ever know what hes got to be honest. I think he stated somewhere that he had invested his life savings into the club, whether it was all his savings, I doubt it very much!

Its a sign of the times though when a "small" fourth tier club like ours can still end up being a bottomless pit and just breaking even each month can be a challenge.