Right people & right spirit at the Club

7 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Is the current club ownership clear and open to you? We know what Abdallah and Mo look like, what else? There seems to be a bit of mystery on their side as well

Please explain the bit of mystery? We all seem to know who they are when expressing our views on them.

I know who BB is but as for the masked men behind FLG...as Manuel said.....”I know nothing”.

11 minutes ago, Chaddy14 said:

Please explain the bit of mystery? We all seem to know who they are when expressing our views on them.

I know who BB is but as for the masked men behind FLG...as Manuel said.....”I know nothing”.

Well a fair few Latics fans know 1-3 of the FLG very well....

Not sure anyone knows AL/ML very well....

27 minutes ago, Chaddy14 said:

You cannot be serious 

1 hour ago, Chaddy14 said:

It's a bit random a global football agent falling in love with us, it's sensible he would use his scouting contacts, it's a bit odd he'd sign semi pro players on Championship wages time and again, say he wants full engagement with the Trust but won't show a Director the accounts etc. Don't you think it's a mystery why he's even here?

• Like 7

2 hours ago, leeslover said:

It's a bit random a global football agent falling in love with us, it's sensible he would use his scouting contacts, it's a bit odd he'd sign semi pro players on Championship wages time and again, say he wants full engagement with the Trust but won't show a Director the accounts etc. Don't you think it's a mystery why he's even here?

Shit job of running a club so far. Although I am interested to see how it pans put with a Head Coach which is what we all know he wanted anyway.

Some good players signed, some shit. Same as any recruitment process we've ever seen.

I'd bin the trust off as well. Jumped straight into bed with the FLG (I'd imagine that's how AL sees it)

If, and it's a big if, the trust see the accounts in the next 7 days, no doubt they'll just say it all looks rosy. 

6 hours ago, Chaddy14 said:

Catching up the posts it still seems some are still backing the as yet anonymous FLG  to carry on fragmenting the ownership of the ground? A targeted take over strategy by unknown funders and we are all expected to support it? For the moment I’ll stick with the least worst option of the guy who is funding / putting the Latics team on the pit. Not my ideal choice but until someone explains why there is such a big mystery why the masked raiders aren’t more open ab😬out why they want to own assets, yet are doing it out of the goodness of their hearts! 

I do like this idea that you are claiming a lack of transparency from the FLG yet the current owner wont submit accounts or show them to a shareholder. For that reason you can't claim that he is funding Latics because you have no real proof.

Thats before we get to this utterly incompetent recruitment policy of signing useless players on big money.

The FLGs motivation is clear, Our owners certainly isnt. After being here for 2 years I find that worrying.

Edited by GlossopLatic

13 hours ago, maddog said:

AL team + BB ground

vs

AL team + FLG ground

= more fragmented.... 🙄🤪

It baffles me (ok it doesn't really) that people are still struggling with this.

We're simply going from a disinterested BrassBank owning it from the US and continuing to do nothing with it to 3+ local businessmen, all genuine longstanding supporters, looking to buy it and maximise it's use.

Whether or not they do ultimately want to take over the lot strikes me as irrelevant if Abdallah doesn't want or need to sell.

Would there be any issue with any of it if Abdallah had sat down months ago and simply negotiated a deal all were happy with (or willing to live with)? 

Edited by HarryBosch
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I do like this idea that you are claiming a lack of transparency from the FLG yet the current owner wont submit accounts or show them to a shareholder. For that reason you can't claim that he is funding Latics because you have no real proof.

This.

I believe the club will be left with massive debts and contracted wages when him and his brother walk away. All the debt will be with OAFC and he will be accountable for nothing on the other side of the world.

The only hope of us not becoming the next Bury is that the FLG are going to own the ground and therefore be able to catch the club when the rug gets pulled / the debts burst the lemmys little game.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Clifford said:

This.

I believe the club will be left with massive debts and contracted wages when him and his brother walk away. All the debt will be with OAFC and he will be accountable for nothing on the other side of the world.

The only hope of us not becoming the next Bury is that the FLG are going to own the ground and therefore be able to catch the club when the rug gets pulled / the debts burst the lemmys little game.

No, no, no. The big nasty property developer (who worked for years in the ticket office for free) will just build houses on it when that happens. 🙄

1 minute ago, jorvik_latic said:

No, no, no. The big nasty property developer (who worked for years in the ticket office for free) will just build houses on it when that happens. 🙄

At least Bury got a promotion. We are going to get fucked over to finish 12th in league 2. Typical Latics. 

Kind of hope Bury go bust so the EFL and FA are forced to further protect clubs from the sort of owners we are enduring. 

4 hours ago, Clifford said:

This.

This is my concern as well, looks to me like they are gearing up the club staff wise and we have no assurance how this is being funded - can't believe its not just being put on "the slate" 

38 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

This is my concern as well, looks to me like they are gearing up the club staff wise and we have no assurance how this is being funded - can't believe its not just being put on "the slate" 

For this to happen would there not have to be some form of collateral or security against any loans? As the bloke only owns the team I cannot see that being acceptable, so what financial institution would lend the money? 

If not then he either has money or access to money?

No agenda here, just interested in what folks think.

7 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

For this to happen would there not have to be some form of collateral or security against any loans? As the bloke only owns the team I cannot see that being acceptable, so what financial institution would lend the money? 

Corney managed to get loans against the club didn't he. No reason why AL cant do the same.

These 2 or 3 year deals that have been handed out on stupid money need paying monthly. If he fucks off in January they'll still need paying long term.

Once the Edmondson money and season ticket money are gone, bearing in mind we've no real corporate monies coming in then we'll see real issues. If we go early in the cups i think AL will be gone before the seasons out.

22 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Corney managed to get loans against the club didn't he. No reason why AL cant do the same.

These 2 or 3 year deals that have been handed out on stupid money need paying monthly. If he fucks off in January they'll still need paying long term.

Once the Edmondson money and season ticket money are gone, bearing in mind we've no real corporate monies coming in then we'll see real issues. If we go early in the cups i think AL will be gone before the seasons out.

Apart from Wheater we seemed to have signed a lot of players I've never heard of on 1 or 2 year deals. Who have we signed on a three year deal, and how much is this silly money they are on?

1 hour ago, Steve_R said:

Apart from Wheater we seemed to have signed a lot of players I've never heard of on 1 or 2 year deals. Who have we signed on a three year deal, and how much is this silly money they are on?

I didn't see any 3 year deals and from what I've heard the wage bill is actually lower than last season with more players so some of them must be on peanuts. 

16 minutes ago, Jimbooth said:

I didn't see any 3 year deals and from what I've heard the wage bill is actually lower than last season with more players so some of them must be on peanuts. 

I thought the argument was that some were on too much last year? 

On 8/9/2019 at 6:42 PM, whittles left foot said:

There's all kinds of ways in reality. He could be "funding it himself" via a director's loan/s via money from "other sources". That would saddle us with debt - but without seeing monthly management accounts, we'd never know.

Lenders could take security against future income e.g. gate receipts (!), money from cup prize money, league payments and even future transfer income - anything is possible where there is money to be made, whittles.

1 minute ago, wiseowl said:

There's all kinds of ways in reality. He could be "funding it himself" via a director's loan/s via money from "other sources". That would saddle us with debt - but without seeing monthly management accounts, we'd never know.

Lenders could take security against future income e.g. gate receipts (!), money from cup prize money, league payments and even future transfer income - anything is possible where there is money to be made, whittles.

Depends where we stand with SCMP. If we’re spending more than we’re allowed (😆 I know, I know) then turnover can’t come from loans. 

On 8/9/2019 at 6:42 PM, whittles left foot said:

didnt he have to leave some kind of bond with the EFL before passing the fit and proper persons test would that not kick in ?

14 hours ago, peanuts said:

didnt he have to leave some kind of bond with the EFL before passing the fit and proper persons test would that not kick in ?

I believe you have to show a certain amount of money in a bank account. 

Whether or not they would follow a procedure to establish where it came from and how long it's been there I'm not sure. Nor am I sure whether they would check it was still there the day after....