New owner please

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

I think us and Koukash might be a perfect match.

From somebody who keeps slating BB80 for his views on the current ownership this has got to be the daftest post yet. Classic case of out of the frying pan into the fire. Trust him as far as I could throw him.

Anyway your puppy dog supporter seems to think he could be a good idea too-nuff said.

Da de da de da. Unbelievable.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

At the time it was banded about that this man would be a dangerous appointment for the club but there is little evidence to support this, Corney was actually applauded at the time for turning his attentions away (:laught30:) apparently he was holding out to sell to the right man.

Corney turned Koukash away as he wouldn't keep him on the board after takeover. How did that turn out Simon?

38 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

From somebody who keeps slating BB80 for his views on the current ownership this has got to be the daftest post yet. Classic case of out of the frying pan into the fire. Trust him as far as I could throw him.

Anyway your puppy dog supporter seems to think he could be a good idea too-nuff said.

Da de da de da. Unbelievable.

Yes. I said that could just as easily be the case in the part of my post you chose not to quote.

Where have I slated BB80? I've taken the piss a few times. We know each other a bit and he'd expect no less. And no doubt he'll get me back sooner rather than later. 

And I hope he's right and we're all wrong. We'll all be happy then. Or at least we all should be, some won't. 

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

On what basis? I've read on here for years that Koukash would shaft the club but where's the evidence that points to that, people worried he'd move us to the AJ Bell but he never owned that and pays an extortionate rent on the place as well as bemoaning the location of the stadium, he was also the driving force behind the raising of the RL salary cap which was pushed through a couple of years ago.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/39506517

At the time it was banded about that this man would be a dangerous appointment for the club but there is little evidence to support this, Corney was actually applauded at the time for turning his attentions away (:laught30:) apparently he was holding out to sell to the right man.

I've no doubt he's moved on to other projects now but anyone who'd be unhappy with a sporting enthusiast billionaire taking an interest needs to have their heads tested.

You've literally answered your own question.

So he complained about the fact he doesn't own the stadium? well no problems with that here has he. He kicked of with the RL authorities over salary caps, well no danger of him kicking off with the EFL on that one have we. He's also the ex owner of Salford Red devils probably because he got bored, he will do exactly the same here. Now if he was still the owner of Salford I would believe that he could be in it for the long haul but he wasn't and their is no reason why he would not upsticks and leave here.

He fits the bill of every lunatic who comes into football clubs promises the earth then leaves it in the lurch a cast iron guarantee it will end in acrimony and failure.

41 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

You've literally answered your own question.

So he complained about the fact he doesn't own the stadium? well no problems with that here has he. He kicked of with the RL authorities over salary caps, well no danger of him kicking off with the EFL on that one have we. He's also the ex owner of Salford Red devils probably because he got bored, he will do exactly the same here. Now if he was still the owner of Salford I would believe that he could be in it for the long haul but he wasn't and their is no reason why he would not upsticks and leave here.

He fits the bill of every lunatic who comes into football clubs promises the earth then leaves it in the lurch a cast iron guarantee it will end in acrimony and failure.

But you’ve got to factor in that rugby is shit  !

Archived