New owner please

On 8/18/2019 at 10:00 PM, sjk2008 said:

I’d take Conference tomorrow if it meant these two twat waffles left the club.

Idiots logic 👍

Then the next guy comes in, in the Conference....he has even less money...he runs it not to your taste...you're next begging for the Conference North to get him out....

Anyone wishing relegation on the club to remove an owner really isn't a full shilling.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Idiots logic 👍

Then the next guy comes in, in the Conference....he has even less money...he runs it not to your taste...you're next begging for the Conference North to get him out....

Anyone wishing relegation on the club to remove an owner really isn't a full shilling.

Whilst I largely agree with you..... I wonder how many Grimsby, Luton, Tranmere, Bristol Rovers & Leyton Orient fans would see it differently......

You say it's early days yet / we haven't finished our business / we always (rightly or wrongly) wait until the end of August..... however, you can't argue that the squad that has been assembled [to date], under the Sporting Director/Head Coach model that is their choice, is entirely their responsibility. No excuses now Ross. Whatever happens [good or bad] come what May, is down to them.

Brexitblue80 not seeing the end game, no shock.

If we keep the cancer we will die. If we have temporary pain to rid it for good so be it.

Give it the FLG or a more representative trust. As we know, if the FLG take over the club the plan is we will benefit fully from the North Stand etc. I don't think we will go down but we do need a new owner.

44 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Idiots logic 👍

Hardly idiot logic. I bet the fans of Orient, Tranmere and others like the poster above mentioned would have taken relegation in hindsight, rather than prolonging the misery of the then current ownership. 

The bit in bold is just a load of whataboutism, and largely bollocks.  We currently have an owner that has presided over one relegation, turned us into an even bigger shitshow which is resulting in so much fan unrest that club facilities are getting destroyed and fans are knocking each other out, and is on his way to relegating us again.  Give me that relegation if we can start again with someone who actually gives a fuck.

As it happens, we're gonna end up in the conference with the current tossers in charge anyway.

Well, unless miracles happen in the next 10 days eh?

That's it. You have to judge the owner on his merits, not on what went before, not on what may come after. He's presiding over a disaster, and is proving incompetent in virtually every area. The only rational response is to agitate for change - whether that's for him to sell up, or for him to stop being such a clown. Anything else is insane, and tantamount to appeasement - effectively giving him carte blanche to continue behaving and operating in this manner. It's not his club, it's our club. It's up to us to hold him to account - no-one else is going to do it.

Just now, oafcmetty said:

The only rational response is to agitate for change - whether that's for him to sell up, or for him to stop being such a clown.

If AL stopped being a dickhead and ran it half properly no one would have an issue. No one can argue against the need for him to do this or attempt to do this.

11 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

The bit in bold is just a load of whataboutism, and largely bollocks. 

The brexit / gammon trademark.

44 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Whilst I largely agree with you..... I wonder how many Grimsby, Luton, Tranmere, Bristol Rovers & Leyton Orient fans would see it differently......

For all those clubs you've mentioned, there's a counter club. Chester, Stockport, Hereford, latest one is Notts County. Some like Darlington and Rushden ceased to exist.

11 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

For all those clubs you've mentioned, there's a counter club. Chester, Stockport, Hereford, latest one is Notts County. Some like Darlington and Rushden ceased to exist.

....I said, I largely agree with you.... but it's a good game, let's play it properly.....

Traditional Football League Clubs [I'm not interested in Rushden, Boston, Yeovil et al] to have lost their league status (not inc Wimbledon) post Premier League era (cos this is when money began to ruined the game lower down the pyramid) and bounced back, vs those that have experienced worse, vs neither;

Bounced back [16];

Halifax Town [96/97]

Doncaster Rovers [02/03]

Shrewsbury [03/04]

Carlisle [04/05]

Hereford [05/06]

Exeter [07/08]

Torquay [08/09]

Oxford [09/10]

York City [11/12]

Mansfield [12/13]

Luton [13/14]

Cambridge [13/14]

Bristol Rovers [14/15]

Grimsby [15/16]

Lincoln [16/17]

Tranmere [17/18]

Leyton Orient [18/19]

Lost league status & gone on to experience worse [7];

Halifax Town [01/02]

Chester [08/09]

Darlington [09/10]

Stockport [10/11]

Hereford [11/12]

Torquay [13/14]

York City [15/16]

Neither [4];

Wrexham [07/08]

Hartlepool [16/17]

Chesterfield [17/18]

Notts County [18/19]

5 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

....I said, I largely agree with you.... but it's a good game, let's play it properly.....

Traditional Football League Clubs [I'm not interested in Rushden, Boston, Yeovil et al] to have lost their league status (not inc Wimbledon) post Premier League era (cos this is when money began to ruined the game lower down the pyramid) and bounced back, vs those that have experienced worse, vs neither;

Bounced back [16];

Halifax Town [96/97]

Doncaster Rovers [02/03]

Shrewsbury [03/04]

Carlisle [04/05]

Hereford [05/06]

Exeter [07/08]

Torquay [08/09]

Oxford [09/10]

York City [11/12]

Mansfield [12/13]

Luton [13/14]

Cambridge [13/14]

Bristol Rovers [14/15]

Grimsby [15/16]

Lincoln [16/17]

Tranmere [17/18]

Leyton Orient [18/19]

Halifax Town [01/02]

Chester [08/09]

Darlington [09/10]

Stockport [10/11]

Hereford [11/12]

Torquay [13/14]

York City [15/16]

Neither [4];

Wrexham [07/08]

Hartlepool [16/17]

Chesterfield [17/18]

Notts County [18/19]

How many bounced back with a change of owner when relegated?

How many bounced back with the same owner?

How long did it take from relegation and an owner change to bounce back?

On 8/18/2019 at 5:48 PM, yarddog73 said:

Sheff United used to relish their trips to BP three of four years ago for league games, today they sit 85 places above us.

Cheers Corney and Abdallah you cunts.

That could have been us ☹️

8 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Bounced back [16];

Halifax Town [96/97]

Doncaster Rovers [02/03]

Shrewsbury [03/04]

Carlisle [04/05]

Hereford [05/06]

Exeter [07/08]

Torquay [08/09]

Oxford [09/10]

York City [11/12]

Mansfield [12/13]

Luton [13/14]

Cambridge [13/14]

Bristol Rovers [14/15]

Grimsby [15/16]

Lincoln [16/17]

Tranmere [17/18]

Leyton Orient [18/19]

Halifax Town [01/02]

Chester [08/09]

Darlington [09/10]

Stockport [10/11]

Hereford [11/12]

Torquay [13/14]

York City [15/16]

Neither [4];

Wrexham [07/08]

Hartlepool [16/17]

Chesterfield [17/18]

Notts County [18/19]

1) You've got too much time on your hands

2) Not sure why you want to discount clubs that have made it to the FL...are they exempt from the "let's go down so we can regroup/get a new owner and bounce back" supposed logic?

3) So 16 vs 11 we are saying? Not a lot of difference then. Rather not risk wishing relegation for any reason. Hasn't worked since it was first aired in the early 90's.

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

Bounced back [16];

Halifax Town [96/97] - 4 SEASONS TO RETURN.

Doncaster Rovers [02/03] - 5 SEASONS TO RETURN.

Shrewsbury [03/04] - 2 SEASONS TO RETURN.

Carlisle [04/05] - 1 SEASON TO RETURN.

Hereford [05/06] - 9 SEASONS TO RETURN

Exeter [07/08] - 5 SEASONS TO RETURN.

Torquay [08/09] - 2 SEASONS TO RETURN.

Oxford [09/10] - 4 SEASONS TO RETURN.

York City [11/12] - 8 SEASONS TO RETURN.

Mansfield [12/13] - 5 SEASONS TO RETURN.

Luton [13/14] - 5 SEASONS TO RETURN.

Cambridge [13/14] - 9 SEASONS TO RETURN.

Bristol Rovers [14/15] - 1 SEASON TO RETURN.

Grimsby [15/16] - 5 SEASONS TO RETURN.

Lincoln [16/17] - 4 SEASONS TO RETURN.

Tranmere [17/18] - 3 SEASONS TO RETURN.

Leyton Orient [18/19] - 2 SEASONS TO RETURN.

Halifax Town [01/02] - BACK IN THE CONFERENCE [FOR THE 4TH TIME] 10 YEARS AFTER FORMING A PHOENIX, 18 SEASONS AFTER LEAVING THE LEAGUE.

Chester [08/09] - IN THE NATIONAL LEAGUE NORTH 8 YEARS AFTER FORMING A PHOENIX, 11 SEASONS AFTER LEAVING THE LEAGUE.

Darlington [09/10] - IN THE NATIONAL LEAGUE NORTH 7 YEARS AFTER FORMING A PHOENIX, 10 SEASONS AFTER LEAVING THE LEAGUE.

Stockport [10/11] - BACK IN THE CONFERENCE AFTER 6 SEASONS BELOW, 9 SEASONS AFTER LEAVING THE LEAGUE.

Hereford [11/12] - IN THE NATIONAL LEAGUE NORTH 5 YEARS AFTER FORMING A PHOENIX, 8 SEASONS AFTER LEAVING THE LEAGUE.

Torquay [13/14] - BACK IN THE CONFERENCE AFTER 1 SEASON BELOW, 6 SEASONS AFTER LEAVING THE LEAGUE,

York City [15/16] - BACK IN THE CONFERENCE AFTER 2 SEASONS BELOW, 4 SEASONS AFTER LEAVING THE LEAGUE.

Neither [4];

Wrexham [07/08] - IN THEIR 12TH SEASON SINCE RELEGATION.

Hartlepool [16/17] - IN THEIR 3RD SEASON SINCE RELEGATION.

Chesterfield [17/18] - IN THEIR 2ND SEASON SINCE RELEGATION.

Notts County [18/19] - IN THEIR 1ST SEASON SINCE RELEGATION.

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

How many bounced back with a change of owner when relegated? I'm not trawling the internet trying to work out change of ownership.... but I'd hazard a guess the majority did.

How many bounced back with the same owner? See above.

How long did it take from relegation and an owner change to bounce back? On average, it takes 4.6 seasons to bounce back, assuming you do. [Gulp]. Of those that haven't, average tenure away is 7.6 seasons and counting.

56 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

1) You've got too much time on your hands :lol:

2) Not sure why you want to discount clubs that have made it to the FL...are they exempt from the "let's go down so we can regroup/get a new owner and bounce back" supposed logic? We're trying to find comparisons to our own predicament aren't we? Rushen, Yeovil, Fleetwood, Salford, Forest Green, Morecambe, Stevenage, Burton, Macclesfield, Kidderminster, Wycombe, Barnet, Dag&Red, Boston..... non are comparable IMO.

3) So 16 vs 11 we are saying? Not a lot of difference then. Rather not risk wishing relegation for any reason. Hasn't worked since it was first aired in the early 90's. I don't want it either.... the OP was theorising a proper reset might be better in the long term. It might be, but the chances of a quick turnaround are slim. We need your bezzie, Mr Lemmy, to pull his finger out and make sure we don't go down, or else there's no hiding for him. It'll be his fault!!!!

Bury's likely exit could be followed by a flurry of others in the coming years, experts warned. As well as a protracted takeover facing stricken Bolton, Macclesfield and Oldham are understood to be facing financial investigations over missed wage payments.

Source: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/08/20/experts-warned-efl-two-years-ago-clubs-like-bolton-bury-faced/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Corney’s fault or somet 🤔

16 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Bury's likely exit could be followed by a flurry of others in the coming years, experts warned. As well as a protracted takeover facing stricken Bolton, Macclesfield and Oldham are understood to be facing financial investigations over missed wage payments.

Source: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/08/20/experts-warned-efl-two-years-ago-clubs-like-bolton-bury-faced/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Corney’s fault or somet 🤔

That could just be as a result of not paying the wage contributions as we already know of.

28 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

That could just be as a result of not paying the wage contributions as we already know of.

Or ones we don't know of because all the critics/truth tellers have been silenced/binned off.
Guess we will find out soon enough.

According to Darren, nothing to worry about. I don't like being in the position of having to take one persons word for it though. We need a traffic light system for Key Financial KPI's (eg various parts of revenue and cost) and which way they have moved. Avoids the confidentiality issue, but keeps us informed factually.

Macclesfield seem to be in a very sorry state, and could go into administration, meaning a 12 point penalty. Campbell left because he had not been paid for five months. I doubt we have any worries regarding relegation.

2 hours ago, al_bro said:

Macclesfield seem to be in a very sorry state, and could go into administration, meaning a 12 point penalty. Campbell left because he had not been paid for five months. I doubt we have any worries regarding relegation.

We luckily escaped the drop into non league in 1959, could it happen again 60 years later?  However, 1960 was a great year, so hopefully we will follow that trend.

Archived