New owner please

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Ryan said:

Bury's likely exit could be followed by a flurry of others in the coming years, experts warned. As well as a protracted takeover facing stricken Bolton, Macclesfield and Oldham are understood to be facing financial investigations over missed wage payments.

Source: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/08/20/experts-warned-efl-two-years-ago-clubs-like-bolton-bury-faced/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Corney’s fault or somet 🤔

10 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

That could just be as a result of not paying the wage contributions as we already know of.

Or lazy journalism...

3 hours ago, al_bro said:

Macclesfield seem to be in a very sorry state, and could go into administration, meaning a 12 point penalty. Campbell left because he had not been paid for five months. I doubt we have any worries regarding relegation.

2 teams go down you know 

Koukash has recently said he wants to set up a RL team in Cumbria, and then said he wants to set up one in Liverpool (neither of which look likely to happen). I think he muted interest in us a good 5 or so years ago, but I wouldn’t be surprised if this rumour was just being recycled for clicks.

4 minutes ago, ShireBlue said:

Koukash has recently said he wants to set up a RL team in Cumbria, and then said he wants to set up one in Liverpool (neither of which look likely to happen). I think he muted interest in us a good 5 or so years ago, but I wouldn’t be surprised if this rumour was just being recycled for clicks.

He has massive grand schemes in the press more often then we have new managers. 

18 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Bury will be saved so don’t rely on that 

I wouldn't be so sure. It'd be embarrassing for the EFL to lose a club like this, but they've really antagonised the organisation. I can't see them cutting them much slack on the guarantees they'll have to give to prove they're viable. 

We shouldn't be relying on it though, as you said.  

7 minutes ago, Horlicks said:

Wow, didn't realise he was anywhere near that league.

He's over 100 racehorses, some have won some big races worldwide. You can't do that unless you have a bob or two.

17 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Frying pan, fire... 

What comes next? 

14 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Last time he was connected with us, people were worried he wanted to move us to Salford to give them a league team. 

At least that wouldn't be an issue now. 

I wouldn't worry lads hes not coming.

Hes the type of guy that would promise the moon on a stick and leave us up shit creek see Stewart Day at Bury or even Chris Moore here.

1 hour ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Bury will be saved so don’t rely on that 

I ain't Relying on it, I don't want to see Bury go under, but it seems to be rolling closer to d day for them and the owner looks to have dug his heels in. 

I think us and Koukash might be a perfect match.

He does always have big ideas and if he were to throw a few quid at us and get us up quickly he'd go from taking over a club struggling to get 3,000 (at whatever price such a club would cost) to having a club back in League One with a bit of momentum who'd started getting 5 or 6,000 at the business end of a league two season. From our point of view I think he'd be an owner who'd then immediately try to get us to kick on to retain & add to those better crowds and momentum. 

I realise he could also very easily be as bad, if not worse, than the CLG.... 

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

I wouldn't worry lads hes not coming.

Hes the type of guy that would promise the moon on a stick and leave us up shit creek see Stewart Day at Bury or even Chris Moore here.

On what basis? I've read on here for years that Koukash would shaft the club but where's the evidence that points to that, people worried he'd move us to the AJ Bell but he never owned that and pays an extortionate rent on the place as well as bemoaning the location of the stadium, he was also the driving force behind the raising of the RL salary cap which was pushed through a couple of years ago.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/39506517

At the time it was banded about that this man would be a dangerous appointment for the club but there is little evidence to support this, Corney was actually applauded at the time for turning his attentions away (:laught30:) apparently he was holding out to sell to the right man.

I've no doubt he's moved on to other projects now but anyone who'd be unhappy with a sporting enthusiast billionaire taking an interest needs to have their heads tested.

Archived