New owner please

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

See my last post. 

People are saying we can’t ever get back up there. I’m saying with money you can basically buy your way to the championship, then you need a bit of nous to make the final step. 

You can't buy your way without fans. Clubs buy their way knowing they will get the gates to pay back. Bury tried it but couldn't sustain it coz they had three thousand a week coming in to watch

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

You can't buy your way without fans. Clubs buy their way knowing they will get the gates to pay back. Bury tried it but couldn't sustain it coz they had three thousand a week coming in to watch

😂 It’s got nothing to do with gates. Do you think all your examples are thinking- thank god we’ve got a few more thousand coming in, that will cover our investment. . you have to invest to get them back in the ground. 

Bournemouth, Luton, and Salford were all there on their arse,  with no money and low gates. All have had sensible, heavy investment and the good times are back.

Your point about an oldhamer being out there, maybe be right. But if/she was prepared to invest in the same way as the clubs above, we’d be right back up there. 

Just now, League one forever said:

😂 It’s got nothing to do with gates. Do you think all your examples are thinking- thank god we’ve got a few more thousand coming in, that will cover our investment. . you have to invest to get them back in the ground. 

Bournemouth, Luton, and Salford were all there on their arse,  with no money and low gates. All have had sensible, heavy investment and the good times are back.

Your point about an oldhamer being out there, maybe be right. But if/she was prepared to invest in the same way as the clubs above, we’d be right back up there. 

Sensible?  Really? 

I wouldn't want a Billionaire necessarily ( ofcourse Id take one if one turned up and wanted to burn money) just people who will do the right thing for the club. People who will take care of it, not give jobs for the boys or people who have played too many games of football manager and think they have any idea what they are doing. I'd be over the moon with something that Rochdale have.

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Fair enough. What’s sensible about football investment. 

At least the bayliffs aren’t knocking while they haemorrhage money.  

Well yeah.  But the investment was very far from sensible.  Bournemouth were fined £5m for breaching financial rules.  The spending at Salford is extreme and quite unique at this level. 

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Well yeah.  But the investment was very far from sensible.  Bournemouth were fined £5m for breaching financial rules.  The spending at Salford is extreme and quite unique at this level. 

Agreed. But we’re straying onto a different debate there, which is financial doping. Something that one hates at other clubs, but loves/turns a blind eye if it’s your club. 

19 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Agreed. But we’re straying onto a different debate there, which is financial doping. Something that one hates at other clubs, but loves/turns a blind eye if it’s your club. 

Very true. As long as it’s done as a proper gift and not director loans (see Bolton)

40 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I wouldn't want a Billionaire necessarily ( ofcourse Id take one if one turned up and wanted to burn money) just people who will do the right thing for the club. People who will take care of it, not give jobs for the boys or people who have played too many games of football manager and think they have any idea what they are doing. I'd be over the moon with something that Rochdale have.

The bar has dropped so low, at this stage I’d settle for owners that let the football staff run the football side of things!

Off the top of my head and being a supporter for 65yrs the only success the club has ever achieved is with a Board of local business men. 

Us fans will have zero input into any new owner (if it happens) being appointed. 

What Lemsagam is doing, his brother as manager, unproven head coach, useless assistant, and predominantly untried players in any form of UK football is doomed to failure. 

I have no confidence he will see the error of his ways, or has the funds to recover, or the luck to attract a manager and players to rescue this season. January is looking like a massive survival initiative will be needed. 

Nor can I identify any logical reason for him being here with him not even able to fund buying the stadium. 

What a shambles. 

I also hope anyone who wants to wheel Lemsagam down to Manchester Airport knows who is on the sidelines waiting to take his place 

There were many who wanted Corney out at any cost (I wasn’t one of them). Lemsagam, so far, has turned out to be worse than my worst fears. 

He could possibly prove me wrong, he didn’t suggest an immediate return to L1. I’m not optimistic, which is uncomfortably against my nature. He certainly didn’t mention L5. 

25 minutes ago, mikeroyboy said:

He could possibly prove me wrong, he didn’t suggest an immediate return to L1. I’m not optimistic, which is uncomfortably against my nature. He certainly didn’t mention L5. 

Wasnt in Chamiponship in 5 years? Gonna need a quick turnaround in form for that to happen!

20 minutes ago, mikeroyboy said:

Off the top of my head and being a supporter for 65yrs the only success the club has ever achieved is with a Board of local business men. 

Us fans will have zero input into any new owner (if it happens) being appointed. 

What Lemsagam is doing, his brother as manager, unproven head coach, useless assistant, and predominantly untried players in any form of UK football is doomed to failure. 

I have no confidence he will see the error of his ways, or has the funds to recover, or the luck to attract a manager and players to rescue this season. January is looking like a massive survival initiative will be needed. 

Nor can I identify any logical reason for him being here with him not even able to fund buying the stadium. 

What a shambles. 

I also hope anyone who wants to wheel Lemsagam down to Manchester Airport knows who is on the sidelines waiting to take his place 

There were many who wanted Corney out at any cost (I wasn’t one of them). Lemsagam, so far, has turned out to be worse than my worst fears. 

When AL bought OAFC I seem to remember him saying that he would be concentrating on the playing side of the football club before turning his attention to the ground.

We’ve suffered a relegation since and now occupy the lowest possible position in the whole of the football league.

If that constitutes looking after the playing side then God help us!!

I am convinced this squad in its present form will almost certainly see us relegated out of the football league.

IMO if we are to stand any chance of survival we will need a minimum of three ‘quality players’ coming in by the end of this month however I’m not at all convinced it will happen.

If that’s the case and the on field problems continue then I reckon the vast majority of supporters and his so far ‘ loyal’ followers will almost certainly turn against him.

The atmosphere will become toxic to say the least and we could end up with protests inside and outside BP to rival,  or even surpass anything we experienced during the Chris Moore era.

43 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Does anybody think he’d pack it in if we went down again? 

Personally, i don’t. 

Interesting question. 

The fifth tier is not really a shop window, so it doesn't seem to fit with his plan of bringing French sixth tier players over and selling at profit. 

Equally, if he pulls out now he'll have nothing to show for what he's already spent. 

Just now, SweeperKeeper said:

Interesting question. 

The fifth tier is not really a shop window, so it doesn't seem to fit with his plan of bringing French sixth tier players over and selling at profit. 

Equally, if he pulls out now he'll have nothing to show for what he's already spent. 

He’s a damn sight more of a chance of selling this shower of shit for anything at all never mind profit, the less people can see of them 

Just now, OAFC1984 said:

He’s a damn sight more of a chance of selling this shower of shit for anything at all never mind profit, the less people can see of them 

Haha, good point. 

Sadly what probably matters for the agents is having a bit more footage for the YouTube videos rather than the results of the matches overall. 

1 hour ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Interesting question. 

The fifth tier is arguably more of a shop window than the 4th tier due to the increased TV coverage. 

As the first ex-Premier League side in the Conference we'd likely get more coverage than most. 

I don't think we will go down this year, though. 

3 hours ago, mikeroyboy said:

What a shambles. 

how I see things too.

If I had any belief that AL and ML would listen and change their behaviours and leave the club's on the pitch operation to someone with a football pedigree, I might be less pessimistic than I am. I don't believe for on moment that either will so we are doomed to failure by the disorganised shambolic dross that is being fed to those supporters who elected to stay and not vote with their feet.

Frightening prospect      

9 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

Clueless. Gate receipts are an extremely small % of revenue for most clubs. Bournemouth went up with the 23rd worst average attendance in the Championship in 2015, less than 30 fans off being rock bottom below Rotherham.

19 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

how I see things too.

If I had any belief that AL and ML would listen and change their behaviours and leave the club's on the pitch operation to someone with a football pedigree, I might be less pessimistic than I am. I don't believe for on moment that either will so we are doomed to failure by the disorganised shambolic dross that is being fed to those supporters who elected to stay and not vote with their feet.

Frightening prospect      

If he brought Pep in. The brothers would let him manage for a very short time before they started interfering as they did with Scholes.

As was said earlier in the thread. If he hasn't got the money to buy the club, he shouldn't be owning anything.  If he was willing to sell, he would want to recover his losses, which won't happen.

Archived