Administration

3 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Bassini is a crook who shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near the club.

Final nail in the coffin for me if this is allowed to go through

Christ, how many nails!! not having a dig personally. It's just like who will 90% of Tics be happy with

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Whitts said:

I understand all this anger that is levied towards the Chairman but the club has been in decline under all its previous owners.  I genuinely believe they come with good intentions and invest their personal wealth into the club with little reward or appreciation.  Most have an agenda, they are business men who are not doing it for the love of the town; they want a return on their investment.  AL gets vilified on here but Corney, Blitz and previously Moore are all equally culpable in the saga that has unfolded since the fall from the Premier League. I think Blitz is the clever one here, more astute than the others clearly but no way blameless.     

lets be clear, Oldham is not unique; it is similar to many clubs in the lower reaches who are living beyond their means striving for success.  Every Chairman has promised promotion withing 2-3 seasons, none have managed it and their business plan does not extend beyond that target which is when the problems kick in.  We have to be realistic, the club, like many at this level, is struggling to survive and the only thing that remains constant is the supporters.  Once they go, there is no return.  Like him or not, AL has invested and it is looking like for the first time in many years we may have single ownership of the club and its infrastructure.  . 

Longer term, the game needs a shake up ; the top few clubs are destroying the game by sucking all the cash into their own pockets.  The likes of AL and others are only stop gaps for clubs like Oldham.  There has to be a fairer distribution of the wealth so that clubs are not going out of business for a top player's weekly salary.  Its criminal.

Hopefully, this is a new start and I for one am prepared to draw a line in the sand and renew for next year, once it is confirmed.  I believe / hope lessons have been learnt, and the club now has players who can push in the upper levels of this division if they can be persuaded to stay.

Hear hear

12 minutes ago, Lags said:

Christ, how many nails!! not having a dig personally. It's just like who will 90% of Tics be happy with

Definitely not this guy

In March 2013 an independent disciplinary commission found Bassini guilty of misconduct and dishonesty over financial dealings on behalf of Watford and banned him from being involved in a position of authority with any Football League club for three years. The commission found he had been "dishonest in his dealings with the league and with his fellow directors" and "practised secrecy and deception" when he told neither the league nor the other members of the Watford board about his secret forward financing arrangements.[9]

1 minute ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Adjourned until 21st April but can be brought forward to meet the 27th March deadline for minus points for administration to take effect this season...

So we are all still none the wiser as to what the fuck is going on..

HMRC debt cleared.

Substantial payment of debt owing to Brassbank.

Ongoing discussion to buy ground, hence adjournment with option to come back early. 

That’s it isn’t it? 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

HMRC debt cleared.

Ongoing discussion to buy ground, hence adjournment with option to come back early. 

That’s it isn’t it? 

It is but the situation will cripple season ticket sales further, nobody in their right mind will purchase one now on the back of so much uncertainty. 

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

HMRC debt cleared.

That’s it isn’t it? 

Cheers,

All sorted for this month then, AL must have emptied his piggy bank this morning to pay anything then if its true what there saying about Bassini not being involved..

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

It is but the situation will cripple season ticket sales further, nobody in their right mind will purchase one now on the back of so much uncertainty. 

Well if the purchase is successful I suspect there will be a new ‘offer period’

4 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

It needs them to fuck off. Gently or otherwise. 

1 hour ago, Whitts said:

I understand all this anger that is levied towards the Chairman but the club has been in decline under all its previous owners.  I genuinely believe they come with good intentions and invest their personal wealth into the club with little reward or appreciation.  Most have an agenda, they are business men who are not doing it for the love of the town; they want a return on their investment.  AL gets vilified on here but Corney, Blitz and previously Moore are all equally culpable in the saga that has unfolded since the fall from the Premier League. I think Blitz is the clever one here, more astute than the others clearly but no way blameless.     

lets be clear, Oldham is not unique; it is similar to many clubs in the lower reaches who are living beyond their means striving for success.  Every Chairman has promised promotion withing 2-3 seasons, none have managed it and their business plan does not extend beyond that target which is when the problems kick in.  We have to be realistic, the club, like many at this level, is struggling to survive and the only thing that remains constant is the supporters.  Once they go, there is no return.  Like him or not, AL has invested and it is looking like for the first time in many years we may have single ownership of the club and its infrastructure.  . 

Longer term, the game needs a shake up ; the top few clubs are destroying the game by sucking all the cash into their own pockets.  The likes of AL and others are only stop gaps for clubs like Oldham.  There has to be a fairer distribution of the wealth so that clubs are not going out of business for a top player's weekly salary.  Its criminal.

Hopefully, this is a new start and I for one am prepared to draw a line in the sand and renew for next year, once it is confirmed.  I believe / hope lessons have been learnt, and the club now has players who can push in the upper levels of this division if they can be persuaded to stay.

Wow! You've read a lot into one sentence. 

Bottom line is.... we are fast approaching a period where other than ST sales there will be no income whatsoever for the football club. I can’t see anything changing the minds of supporters in that respect and also trying to attract corporate with what’s going on here to be almost impossible. AL will be even worse off financially than he is now!!

I can’t see AL being able to carry on unless he secures further investment and why on earth would he want to?

There has to be a sale of the club in the near future, surely, or am I missing something?

Archived