Borthwick Jackson Signs

24 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

If these signings get you excited then good for you. 

Come on Dave. 

There is difference between excited, and a slight sense of optimism that we haven’t signed another from auxerres reserves. It’s  obvious we won’t be competing, but at the very least all three are British based and have good knowledge of the league- something we’ve been asking for. . 

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Come on Dave. 

There is difference between excited, and a slight sense of optimism that we haven’t signed another from auxerres reserves. It’s  obvious we won’t be competing, but at the very least all three are British based and have good knowledge of the league- something we’ve been asking for. . 

I believe the expression de nos jours is...meh

I guess these are 3 reasonable signings but isn't it incredible that a player who can't make it at Salford and a player who Wycombe Wanderers don't think can play at a higher level is where we are now at?! 

In fairness I think Pidge and Jombati are solid for this league, jury is still out for me on CBJ

51 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Come on Dave. 

There's a chance we could be in the top half with this spine. 

Remains to be seen for the rest if the squad, and if Kewell gets any signings. 

47 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

We have five decent-on-paper players. Long way to go before I start thinking it’s a worthwhile squad. No midfield yet for a start.

Modest steps in the right direction perhaps.

Securing the brightest talent we had late on last season isn't a daft plan.

If Danny is staying (dearly hope so), we have a front two, but precious little in the middle.

Start of last season was abject, no attacking threat, so I also fear the dearth of midfield options.

I hoped Chris McCann might stay, probably has or needs a better contract offer given his age and obvious ability.

Presumably Mo Sylla wanted to go back home, he certainly warranted an offer.

Before the Big Dog makes a case for Mouche, our dreadfully inconsistent while skilful midfield maestro, he doesn't have the heart, concentration or maturity to run the game. Credit to Dino for bombing him out of the team, then giving him chances to prove his worth, which is possible, if he works very hard.

Defence looks pretty much sorted now, apart from a goalkeeper of course.

In midfield I reckon we need a playmaker, at least one tackler/grafter, and a wide player.

Up front we could do with a big target man, if only to use as a plan b.

Rowe and Dearnley both only look about 5’ 10”, so can’t see many headers from them. It’s a good start to the recruitment, but it’s only a start.

Archived