• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without Wheater, we should just about be able to put out an 11 + 7 without relying on the scholars.

However, there are so many Sat, Tue, Sat fixtures coming up during the coming season, every squad member could well have a part to play at some point, which makes me think that overall, we are still 2 or 3 light.

I bet Kewell is grateful that we haven’t had a midweek fixture, so with a home tie and an an encouraging win Just a few days ago, he can’t have wished for anything more in preparation for Saturday.

9 hours ago, hollandspies said:

Without Wheater, we should just about be able to put out an 11 + 7 without relying on the scholars.

However, there are so many Sat, Tue, Sat fixtures coming up during the coming season, every squad member could well have a part to play at some point, which makes me think that overall, we are still 2 or 3 light.

I bet Kewell is grateful that we haven’t had a midweek fixture, so with a home tie and an an encouraging win Just a few days ago, he can’t have wished for anything more in preparation for Saturday.

He probably could have wished that his highest paid player wasn’t frozen out (  and possibly 2 others ?)and that the club’s highest ranking employee hadn’t been sacked and that the club might have communicated with fans about the North Stand?.......but just a normal week at BP I suppose?

12 hours ago, hollandspies said:

2 hours ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

He probably could have wished that his highest paid player wasn’t frozen out (  and possibly 2 others ?)and that the club’s highest ranking employee hadn’t been sacked and that the club might have communicated with fans about the North Stand?.......but just a normal week at BP I suppose?

He probably will want ta few more fans to attend too....

9 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

There was talk of Kewell having watched Carlisle and having set us up accordingly...

If true, and he's a master tactician, we might see a slightly different line up most matches...

Re Watching opponents ......We play Crawley a week on Saturday.  I assume nobody from Crawley will be allowed into the ground this weekend) and ditto us to Crawleys match) ?     Does that therefore reduce teams to watching each other through a single follow the ball camera. Not the greatest evidence to set your team up on.  

10 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

Re Watching opponents ......We play Crawley a week on Saturday.  I assume nobody from Crawley will be allowed into the ground this weekend) and ditto us to Crawleys match) ?     Does that therefore reduce teams to watching each other through a single follow the ball camera. Not the greatest evidence to set your team up on.  

Scouts are allowed in I think - Roy mentioned them on Saturday 

9 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

6 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

If I remember right, Kewell was asked if he went to watch Carlisle, and his response was something like "I watched them". That didn't sound like he was there in person.  Worked out ok though.

I took it as him having been there in person.

He's working so it's probably "allowed"

Just now, HarryBosch said:

I took it as him having been there in person.

He's working so it's probably "allowed"

I think it was the way he deliberately reworded the question rather than just saying "yes" that made me think otherwise.  But not important obviously!

5 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

Trigger series of posts asking why cubs , girl guides,  boys brigade  aren’t.....Does Boys Brigade still exist?

I guess they’re covered with it being a place of work - it’s the same bizarre logic saying you can be in a school or office holding three figure numbers but can’t have a gathering with your own family 🤷‍♂️

19 minutes ago, Wee Bobby said:

Ogdenwoodwhittle.    I played for 6th oldham(Turf Lane Meths) from 1958 to 1963. Played 2 years running for the Oldham battalion team v Halifax and Manchester. We managed a 1-0 win against Manchester in 63. 6th were unbeatable in my time.

I played1978-1981, for 13th, and we we finished second or first in cup and league , with 2nd Oldham as our rival ( we were either side of Ashton road. ) my grandad was in 2nd in the mid 1920s.

Great for community spirit.

Archived