Harrogate: Directions, Beer & Food

NOTE: This information may be out of date in an ever-changing world.

Harrogate Town AFC, EnviroVent Stadium, Wetherby Road, Harrogate, HG2 7SA

The stadium has a capacity of 5000. Standing away supporters are housed in the Myrings Stand terrace behind the goal and in a section of the EnviroVent Stand covered terrace on the Wetherby Road side. There are also with 150 seats for away fans in the EnviroVent Stand.

Supporters are urged not to bring bags to the stadium as there is a Stop & Search Policy which is generally overseen by the local police outside the stadium at the turnstiles.

In 2019 the Club was named 'Best Away Day Experience' by the Football Supporters' Federation at the National Game Awards. The award took into account the experience away fans had from the moment they arrived in Harrogate, including the food and hospitality they received.

How to Get There:

By Car:

Leave the A1(M) at Junction 47 and take the A59 towards Knaresborough. Then take the A658 towards Bradford/Harrogate. At the second roundabout turn right onto the A661 towards Harrogate. You will pass a Sainsbury’s store and then after the lights, with the Woodlands pub on one corner, the entrance to the ground is just a bit further down on the right.

Car Parking

There is no parking available at the ground and there is a resident-only parking scheme in operation on roads close-by.  You can park in other roads, but drivers are asked to be respectful of residents and ensure that driveways are not blocked or infringed. Town centre car parks are around one mile away.

Matchday parking can be accessed at Kingswood Surgery, located on Wetherby Road, or Cedar Court Hotel on Park Parade, HG1 5AH (a five-minute walk to the ground), for £5 per vehicle on a first come first served basis. If parking at Cedar Court Hotel, you must enter your vehicle details and card details on the iPads in reception.

By Train/Bus:

Harrogate Railway Station, served by trains from Leeds and York, is located just over a mile from the ground. Exit the station on the east side (trains towards Leeds), go up a slight incline and turn right onto the main road. Cross this road at the pelican crossing and continue due south. Turn left at the roundabout into Station Avenue. Continue straight up this road, crossing over at some point, until you come to a grassed area. Cross the A6040 at the pelican crossing and then turn left, passing public toilets on your right. Take the diagonal footpath across the park which is called ‘The Stray’ or ‘Two Hundred Acre’. Turn right along Wetherby Road and the ground is on the left after about 400 yards passing the hospital on the left.

You can also catch the Harrogate Bus Number 7 (every 30 minutes) or the Connexions Bus Number X70 from Stand 9 of the Harrogate Bus Station (next to the Railway Station). Both these buses pass the ground along Wetherby Road. From the Railway Station, turn right out of the main entrance and the Bus Station is a short walk down on the right. The bus journey time to the ground is less than ten minutes.

NOTE: On showing your match ticket to the driver of Harrogate Bus Number 7, you can get a reduced fare of £2 return Adults and £1 children.

Where to drink:

The nearest pub is the Woodlands, which is a short distance back down the A661 Wetherby Road, heading away from town. About a ten-minute walk in the opposite direction along the Wetherby Road (heading towards the town centre and just set back from the roundabout) is the Empress which also offers food.

If arriving by train, then just off Platform 1 is the Harrogate Tap which has up to 11 real ales.

Harrogate town centre is around a twenty-minute walk from the ground and there are plenty of pubs including the Winter Gardens on Royal Baths Road, which is a Wetherspoon’s outlet. On Cheltenham Crescent there is a micropub called the Little Ale House.

Where to eat:

There are kiosks around the ground for traditional matchday food and hot & cold drinks before and during the match.

• 6 months later...

Unlikely I know, but does anyone have a spare adult ticket for this? Would be willing to pay a little more. 
This is a ground I haven’t been too, and would take me in to the eighties following Latics, so keen to go. 1st time in over a decade with no ST because of this clown owner, hence being unable to get a ticket. 

1 hour ago, daniel said:

Unlikely I know, but does anyone have a spare adult ticket for this? Would be willing to pay a little more. 
This is a ground I haven’t been too, and would take me in to the eighties following Latics, so keen to go. 1st time in over a decade with no ST because of this clown owner, hence being unable to get a ticket. 

A few will be going in the home end I reckon 

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

A few will be going in the home end I reckon 

Seems easy enough to buy them online and select e-ticket and have them emailed, and not too hard to find out and put an address in Harrogate as your home address. It’s just if they check them on the day I guess. Surely they have this problem most games with so few tickets available and they have steps in place to prevent away fans in the home end.

Just now, daniel said:

Seems easy enough to buy them online and select e-ticket and have them emailed, and not too hard to find out and put an address in Harrogate as your home address. It’s just if they check them on the day I guess. Surely they have this problem most games with so few tickets available and they have steps in place to prevent away fans in the home end.

If you keep a low profile you will be OK, after all you are only going to a game of football, not everyone is a dick head. 

Just now, disjointed said:

If you keep a low profile you will be OK, after all you are only going to a game of football, not everyone is a dick head. 

By the way pick a place just outside Harrogate as your address, Leeds is close enough, job done. 

5 minutes ago, disjointed said:

By the way pick a place just outside Harrogate as your address, Leeds is close enough, job done. 

Yeah I was thinking Leeds to be fair, try not make it too obvious etc. definitely won’t get any trouble from me, although I may find it hard to remain completely silent in the event of a last minute winner (unlikely).

42 minutes ago, daniel said:

Yeah I was thinking Leeds to be fair, try not make it too obvious etc. definitely won’t get any trouble from me, although I may find it hard to remain completely silent in the event of a last minute winner (unlikely).

Well if that happens in the last minute the locals won't know which way to look. 

19 hours ago, daniel said:

I don't live in Oldham - do they ban everyone with a postcode outside of Harrogate?

On 1/12/2022 at 4:51 PM, TheBigDog said:

By an e-ticket and they send it to your email address 🙄

On 1/12/2022 at 5:00 PM, GKing521 said:

It's a ticket to Harrogate v Oldham... not exactly Galatasaray v Fenerbahce

Try looking at the post I was replying to and you may see I am taking the piss

Archived