I'm thinking it's this thing that was announced back in December 2019. 

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2019/december/13122019-second-chance-academy/

As such it's not as much of a direct association with the club, more a grassroots programme with the Latics badge on it.

As such, any crossover with the first team or clashes with board members will likely be minimal.

4 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

It's a fantastic appointment either way, completely out of the blue. He's a notoriously testy character though isn't he? No way he'll get along with the gruesome twosome day to day

Meaningless mate. Whether it’s a fantastic appointment or not is irrelevant. We have had the luxury of lots of theoretically ‘fantastic appointments’ since these guys came in, on and off the pitch. Far more promising than the appointments made under corney. 

for some reason none of them have made a jot of difference. I wonder why.....

don’t be so easily bought 

10 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

It's a fantastic appointment either way, completely out of the blue. He's a notoriously testy character though isn't he? No way he'll get along with the gruesome twosome day to day

It's a great appointment in 2008 unfortunately since that first stint at Stockport he's actually done very little in football management/coaching and has proved to be a somewhat volatile character.

8 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Meaningless mate. Whether it’s a fantastic appointment or not is irrelevant. We have had the luxury of lots of theoretically ‘fantastic appointments’ since these guys came in, on and off the pitch. Far more promising than the appointments made under corney. 

for some reason none of them have made a jot of difference. I wonder why.....

don’t be so easily bought 

"Easily bought" ffs 😄 I'm just trying to show a modicum of positivity. Apologies, I'll go back to my rocking chair with my bottle of whiskey 

5 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Not allowed to show ANY balance Guy. 

You should know this by now.  . 

12 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

It's a pretty low level job. Seems like he is settling for that sort of thing rather than wanting to be higher profile

15 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

It's a great appointment in 2008 unfortunately since that first stint at Stockport he's actually done very little in football management/coaching and has proved to be a somewhat volatile character.

If he ends up chinning Mo it will be worth it for that alone 

17 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

Has he come into replace Paul Murray? I'm not sure, just seems a different role entirely to me  but you really can't tell with all these fancy titles.

It's pre academy stuff, way back..

Archived