OEC director changes.

6 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Makes sense. But then if it's right it would be first time that's been the case for anything connected with the club for a long while 

tbh Dave when you think what the North Stand was originally intended to be, which was to generate revenue for the club on non match days as well as games, its up there as one of the clubs biggest disappointments 

I dont begrudge anyone making a living through their skills and labour but I cant help feeling the success of the OEC will be stifled by the state the club is in and where it seems to be heading 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, tGWB said:

It reads as simple as;

Blitz Gazal and Kocerhan have resigned as Directors of the Oldham Event Centre, likely a small loss making business 

Blitz and Gazal own the North Stand 

Brooke Dennis and Whitehead see the OEC has having potential, have likely struck a deal on purchasing the business assets and will pay rent to Brassbank 

Natural progression as Brooke and Whitehead were managing the OEC day to day anyway werent they 

If its bigger than that am sure it will be announced in the local press soon 

Yes. They’ve finally done what they said was imminent (and the first step to purchasing the stand) about two years ago. 

Reading some of this now is quite amusing (not really).

https://d3d4football.com/fan-led-group-unveil-their-plans-for-oldham-athletic/

https://boundaryparkpurchase.home.blog

13 minutes ago, tGWB said:

I dont begrudge anyone making a living through their skills and labour but I cant help feeling the success of the OEC will be stifled by the state the club is in and where it seems to be heading 

Do you begrudge Blitz making money from it? The two things can’t be separated can they? 

13 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Do you begrudge Blitz making money from it? The two things can’t be separated can they? 

Blitz & Co came to move our Home and make £bundles by building a retail park, hotel etc on the land

They messed that bit of their plan up 

They then built the North Stand which could have turned our club around with non match day revenue streams 

They messed that up 

Theyre sat at the other side of the world with a depreciating asset in Oldham, one the UKs poorest towns with little hope of recovering their investment and with an unreliable tenant as in our clubs owner.

They even messed that up 

Theyre not making any money but tbf might well have made a few quid on the houses around the stadium but its most certainly not enough to offset the grief of being involved with Latics 

4 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

Why dont you volunteer to help them I am sure you could give them a lift

What a weird thing to say. I think you misunderstand me. I don’t particularly want it to do well. Why would I? I have no interest in the OEC and no interest in funding Blitz. 

2 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Blitz & Co came to move our Home and make £bundles by building a retail park, hotel etc on the land

They messed that bit of their plan up 

They then built the North Stand which could have turned our club around with non match day revenue streams 

They messed that up 

Theyre sat at the other side of the world with a depreciating asset in Oldham, one the UKs poorest towns with little hope of recovering their investment and with an unreliable tenant as in our clubs owner.

They even messed that up 

Theyre not making any money but tbf might well have made a few quid on the houses around the stadium but its most certainly not enough to offset the grief of being involved with Latics 

You haven’t really answered my question. OEC are tenants and therefore presumably paying rent to Blitz (if they aren’t then that’s even more suspicious). So why would I support a private company trying to make money and paying rent to Blitz. That’s arguably even more worthy of a boycott than the football in my opinion… at least I have an interest in the team. Nah. I can’t support the OEC as it supports Blitz. 

14 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

Why dont you volunteer to help them I am sure you could give them a lift

I dont think it helps anyone by questioning the abilities of "the characters involved". It is time to all pull together and try to pull all the strings together in securing a better future for the club as a whole.

1 minute ago, laticsmarra said:

I dont think it helps anyone by questioning the abilities of "the characters involved". It is time to all pull together and try to pull all the strings together in securing a better future for the club as a whole.

Eh? Why do I want to pull together with people running a private hospitality business inside the stand?

It’s a private enterprise that has nothing to do with the club. It’s just a tenant of Blitz paying him rent. Should I rally round and support the Gym owners too? 

You’ll need to explain what you mean. 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

You haven’t really answered my question. OEC are tenants and therefore presumably paying rent to Blitz (if they aren’t then that’s even more suspicious). So why would I support a private company trying to make money and paying rent to Blitz. That’s arguably even more worthy of a boycott than the football in my opinion… at least I have an interest in the team. Nah. I can’t support the OEC as it supports Blitz. 

I didnt intentionally avoid your question 

I have only been in the North Stand 3 times

A Trust meeting, a FLG meeting and an Andy Ritchie / Darren Sheridan evening 

Thought the place was fairly basic with columns smack bang in the middle of the ‘conference’ area 🤷‍♂️

Anyway to answer your question 

I see Blitz, Gazal and the OEC as one and the same, so if my personal boycott of Home games changed, I wont be utilising the North Stand facilities

Saying that, if either parties make a positive contribution to the wellbeing of our club, I will reconsider 

3 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

What do you know about the characters that make you say that?

Just what I can read (history on companies house of two of them is poor at best) and have observed during the FLG debacle and the sucking up to Blitz on a podcast.  I might be wrong. I might be being unfair. Just doesn’t smell right to me. 

5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Just what I can read (history on companies house of two of them is poor at best) and have observed during the FLG debacle and the sucking up to Blitz on a podcast.  I might be wrong. I might be being unfair. Just doesn’t smell right to me. 

Really? You seem quite certain given you don’t know them then?

I don’t know them well either, but couldn’t be certain either way.

I do however suspect they care about Oldham Athletic, which is more than you can say for Mssrs Blitz, Lemsagam A & Lemsagam M.

Before jumping to the inevitable negative conclusions perhaps we should consider it could be the start of something much bigger.

Even though at face value it could be classed as slightest concerning IMO it is definitely favourable to AL getting his grubby hands on it!!

5 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Really? You seem quite certain given you don’t know them then?

I don’t know them well either, but couldn’t be certain either way.

I do however suspect they care about Oldham Athletic, which is more than you can say for Mssrs Blitz, Lemsagam A & Lemsagam M.

They are quite matey with Blitz though…

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

Before jumping to the inevitable negative conclusions perhaps we should consider it could be the start of something much bigger.

Even though at face value it could be classed as slightest concerning IMO it is definitely favourable to AL getting his grubby hands on it!!

I don’t think he wants the OEC company, why would he. He wants the stand. They would then be tenants of his. 

8 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

…yeah, on face value it looks that way…. But it could also be a means to an end….?

Well, if they have access to the £7m* good luck to them. I genuinely wish them well for the good of the club. 

*which, when discussed at the presentation was communicated as…

Mr Whitehead stressed was at a significant discount due to his relationship with Mr Gazal and Mr Blitz“.

😳😂🤪

24 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I find that really disappointing for someone I see as generally quite sharp and rational. It's really not much of a basis to make such a definitive judgement. 

50 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I find that really disappointing for someone I see as generally quite sharp and rational. It's really not much of a basis to make such a definitive judgement. 

If we had a perspective new buyer with their business track record you wouldn’t be leaping for joy. Be honest. 

34 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

They can’t be that tied in with Blitz if he was willing to bin them off for talks with Abdallah can they?

Unless I’ve understood that situation wrong. 

I was just quoting Whitehead. He said they are. 

51 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Well, if they have access to the £7m* good luck to them. I genuinely wish them well for the good of the club. 

*which, when discussed at the presentation was communicated as…

Mr Whitehead stressed was at a significant discount due to his relationship with Mr Gazal and Mr Blitz“.

😳😂🤪

As you know, I’ve always taken issue with the valuation. When I spoke to Swindon for the podcast, the County Ground valuation was £2.2m, for a similar footprint. The only difference was they didn’t have a new building on theirs with retail space and conference facilities. Even if Blitz wants his build cost back, it doesn’t come to £7m. However, one hopes that price is no longer what he’s asking for. Didn’t he agree in principle to sell it to Abdallah for £6m?

Archived