OEC director changes.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might be a small step forward. But I'm guessing it will end up back firing. On one hand we now have another separate party at the matchday table. One owns the club, one owns the ground, one owns the oec. There is going to be even more arguing, pettiness and kick offs than there were before. Should have saved the money and kept saving, sourcing, collecting etc until something could be done about the stadium not jus the beer and tables in 1 stand

8 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

So back to my earlier statement 

Blitz owns the land

FLG own the OEC

AL owns a badge and some shit players 

WHAT A FUCKING MESS 

Mixed feelings. 

As it stands- if you use the north stand your helping to pay for an individual/s private venture. Nothing goes to the club. The only caveat to that- would be if the profits are going towards buying the rest of the ground off blitz. If so, then happy days. 

It’s vital they clarify that!! 

Any new owner now has to deal with 3 parties with a vested interest- possibly two if we go into admin. Making the likelihood of a single owner of all assets more remote. 

I maybe wrong here, but in the long term this is only points to fan ownership- with FLG purchasing the rest of the stadium. That’s fine to extent, because it’s safeguards the club.  But will mean years in Non league as I don’t think we’ll generate enough self sufficiently to compete at the top of the national league. 

In my basic understanding of this.

Will the OEC now be utilised to some form of potential ?

Is the plan behind this to use the money earnt from the OEC to help fund further purchases ?

Will this make it even harder for AL and push him to sell ?

Why is everything so fecking hard for us everyday, run of the mill fans to understand ?

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Mixed feelings. 

As it stands- if you use the north stand your helping to pay for an individual/s private venture. Nothing goes to the club. The only caveat to that- would be if the profits are going towards buying the rest of the ground off blitz. If so, then happy days. 

It’s vital they clarify that!! 

Any new owner now has to deal with 3 parties with a vested interest- possibly two if we go into admin. Making the likelihood of a single owner of all assets more remote. 

I maybe wrong here, but in the long term this is only points to fan ownership- with FLG purchasing the rest of the stadium. That’s fine to extent, because it’s safeguards the club.  But will mean years in Non league as I don’t think we’ll generate enough self sufficiently to compete at the top of the national league. 

The OEC are still tenants as it stands and presumably paying rent to fat cat blitz - if they aren’t then that’s even more dodgy 

It’s just an horrible murky mess 

Fans owning something is a start!  If they've made an events business profitable during covid then that's a positive.  Still a long way to go but it feels like a small step in the right direction.

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Oh ffs. 

Right, I’m with you. 

So instead of any profits going to directly Blitz - it goes to Brooke

- who then pays rent to blitz. 

Terrific. 

the fat bastard has absolutely ripped us a new one - he’s a cunt of the worst kind and hidden away since 2009 

8 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Fans owning something is a start!  If they've made an events business profitable during covid then that's a positive.  Still a long way to go but it feels like a small step in the right direction.

Mmm- While Blitz gets double bubble. 

You have the OEC and pay me rent, and with the profits you make after rent you can buy the ground off me. 

Can’t see how else it can be. 

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Oh ffs. 

Right, I’m with you. 

So instead of any profits going to directly Blitz - it goes to Brooke

- who then pays rent to blitz. 

Terrific. 

Thats about it

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

You have the OEC and pay me rent, and with the profits you make after rent you can buy the ground off me. 

16 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

In my basic understanding of this.

Will the OEC now be utilised to some form of potential ?

Is the plan behind this to use the money earnt from the OEC to help fund further purchases ?

Will this make it even harder for AL and push him to sell ?

Why is everything so fecking hard for us everyday, run of the mill fans to understand ?

What makes you think a Catering / Event business will ever be able to tuck away enough money to buy a football stadium 

OEC Ltd was likely running at a loss and understandably because of the Covid restrictions but for me, even without Covid restrictions its a business that will do well to just wash its face financially

3 minutes ago, tGWB said:

What makes you think a Catering / Event business will ever be able to tuck away enough money to buy a football stadium 

OEC Ltd was likely running at a loss and understandably because of the Covid restrictions but for me, even without Covid restrictions its a business that will do well to just wash its face financially

Nothing, as I said earlier in the thread. 

Or at the very least it will take many many years after rent to blitz and overheads. Oh, and then we get the pleasure of paying blitz again. 

12 minutes ago, League one forever said:

So are you saying that things are worse now after this news, or the same? Because for me, having fans of the club own something (however small it might be) is slightly better than having absolutely everything owned by overseas mercenaries. 

Excuse me if I’m being a bit thick but what is the oec is it the fans bar   Or are there other bits to it  ? . If I won the euro millions and I wanted to buy  the lot  do I now have to negotiate with 3 party’s instead of 2  and what benefit does the club get  due to the change in ownership 

38 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Well if you read my post again, I dont think anything, I am asking questions as I dont understand if this is good, bad or just meh 

5 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Well if you read my post again, I dont think anything, I am asking questions as I dont understand if this is good, bad or just meh 

I would suggest we will see very little difference unless they can negoiate an agreement with AL regarding providing a service to the executive boxes

Certainly nothing on a change of ownership of the Club, the land or stadium 

23 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

So are you saying that things are worse now after this news, or the same? Because for me, having fans of the club own something (however small it might be) is slightly better than having absolutely everything owned by overseas mercenaries. 

It depends what the end goal is doesn’t it?

I presume they think it’s one small step to safeguarding our future? If so, it won’t make any or much material difference.  How long will take it generate the millions Blitz wants for stadium after he takes his rent and they pay overheads?? Answer- many years. Who knows what state we’ll be in by then, or dare I say if we’ll even be here.

The only caveat I would say, is if Blitz has said ‘forget the rent and just have the OEC to generate my sale price’. But even then- A, given his track record I find that hard to believe. And B, even with no rent I still think it’s fanciful a hospitality venture will be enough- despite best efforts. 

8 minutes ago, OASF1895 Lottery said:

The key is the control. Blitz and Gazal still currently own between 25-50% each.

image.png.9a23e418c1f6ab7fad6b50fe91aaa6a0.png

That's true of Brassbank but as per FLG statement:

The Directors details at Companies House has been updated to reflect this, while the transfer of shares will be confirmed when the next confirmation statement is filed in March.

(I think!!!)

Archived