OEC director changes.

2 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

As you know, I’ve always taken issue with the valuation. When I spoke to Swindon for the podcast, the County Ground valuation was £2.2m, for a similar footprint. The only difference was they didn’t have a new building on theirs with retail space and conference facilities. Even if Blitz wants his build cost back, it doesn’t come to £7m. However, one hopes that price is no longer what he’s asking for. Didn’t he agree in principle to sell it to Abdallah for £6m?

Appatently so. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

What’s the balls up? 

The new protest group had Sam do a design for a scarf,she who did the bobble hats ,anyway I gather Bradders got another quote which was cheaper,fair enough but the design was sams originally so I think it maybe changed.It’s not that scandalous but more interesting than the footy!

12 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

As you know, I’ve always taken issue with the valuation. When I spoke to Swindon for the podcast, the County Ground valuation was £2.2m, for a similar footprint. The only difference was they didn’t have a new building on theirs with retail space and conference facilities. Even if Blitz wants his build cost back, it doesn’t come to £7m. However, one hopes that price is no longer what he’s asking for. Didn’t he agree in principle to sell it to Abdallah for £6m?

The actual "value in use" isn't likely to be anywhere near £6m -the seating is just displaced tickets from elsewhere (the equivalent of buying a 10 bedroom house when you have 2 kids), so adds nothing to club revenue.

That leaves the shops/units and the OEC suite which deliver genuine income. What would they amount to? Maybe £2m? 

4 minutes ago, real said:

The actual "value in use" isn't likely to be anywhere near £6m -the seating is just displaced tickets from elsewhere (the equivalent of buying a 10 bedroom house when you have 2 kids), so adds nothing to club revenue.

That leaves the shops/units and the OEC suite which deliver genuine income. What would they amount to? Maybe £2m? 

10 x rental income is a desirable yield/value ratio for retail property. Client of mine has just sold 3 major units on that basis. However…they are desirable properties in desirable locations with solid long term tenants. (Not a gym, some mates on mates rates and a shop that is only frequented on one day every two weeks)

15 hours ago, laticsmarra said:

I dont think it helps anyone by questioning the abilities of "the characters involved". It is time to all pull together and try to pull all the strings together in securing a better future for the club as a whole.

You are either being deliberately disingenuous or are very naive. Even I can see that the character and intentions of the key players circling around the club and related businesses is important.

I suggest this is irrelevant because Marco & Mo remain at the helm of our sinking ship.

Going forward, life after Marco & Mo, it does suggest that the income from the OEC is not going to swell the coffers and in that sense the whole point of the OMBC loan has been lost forever.

There is no good news until they leave.

1 hour ago, Hands on said:

I suggest this is irrelevant because Marco & Mo remain at the helm of our sinking ship.

Going forward, life after Marco & Mo, it does suggest that the income from the OEC is not going to swell the coffers and in that sense the whole point of the OMBC loan has been lost forever.

There is no good news until they leave.

The north stands potential income has never been fully realised. All corporate boxes sold, the fan bar hammered before and after games. The stand somewhere near full. It’s opening coincided with our very sharp decline, from already low base. 

IF the club recovers and it somehow came back to the club, I’m sure it would provide a nice return. 

9 minutes ago, League one forever said:

The north stands potential income has never been fully realised. All corporate boxes sold, the fan bar hammered before and after games. The stand somewhere near full. It’s opening coincided with our very sharp decline, from already low base. 

IF the club recovers and it somehow came back to the club, I’m sure it would provide a nice return. 

Don't forget the top floor - if that was completed as the fan bar 

boxes at £3,000 a season (as it was I think) and other match day hospitality on the ground floor (OEC) plus gym and if we could get tenants to take on the other units bar the shop the potential is definitely there

It's a fantastic facility especially at our level it just needs someone to own it and realise it for the club - it makes my blood boil that absolutely anything it makes now goes to Blitz

10 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

boxes at £3,000 a season (as it was I think) and other match day hospitality on the ground floor (OEC) plus gym and if we could get tenants to take on the other units bar the shop the potential is definitely there

It's a fantastic facility especially at our level it just needs someone to own it and realise it for the club - it makes my blood boil that absolutely anything it makes now goes to Blitz

100% 

With the right drive and energy behind it, I’ve no doubt it could be a relative gold mine at our level. 

2 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

One of the first thing Macclesfields new owners did was refurbish and increase the size of the bar at the ground. It is now a nice earner for the club. One day hopefully 🙏 when we have a total clearout of all the different people involved in our club and get one new owner things will improve. I live in hope.

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

100% 

With the right drive and energy behind it, I’ve no doubt it could be a relative gold mine at our level. 

It would just need money spent on it first to fully develop it. 

56 minutes ago, philwhite said:

One of the first thing Macclesfields new owners did was refurbish and increase the size of the bar at the ground. It is now a nice earner for the club. One day hopefully 🙏 when we have a total clearout of all the different people involved in our club and get one new owner things will improve. I live in hope.

Yep, and he virtually knocked it down and started again. We wouldn’t need that. Some of it is done, the rest is a blank canvas that just needs fitting out. For a relatively small investment you could have it buzzing. 

On your clear out point- that’s why the football or division we play in has become completely irrelevant to me. It will never improve on the pitch until the club is whole. Like you say- we live in hope. 

On 1/7/2022 at 2:00 PM, Chaddyexile84 said:

The oec really is a great facility with great potential. As are the ground floor units. It could be great for the club, one day. 

Back in Jan 2017 (? - may have the wrong  year 🤣) my wife bought me lunch in the North Stand restaurant and tickets to Oldham v Notts Co. Simon Wood was still in charge of catering then, but obviously not in the kitchen himself! I had one of the best steak & kidney pies of my life, an absolutely superb meal, unfortunately followed by a 0-0 draw 😂.

I came away thinking the club was at last heading in the right direction. What an idiot I was 😢

Archived