Doing the 116

8 hours ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

I went to Chorley v Halifax a couple of years back when we were down south somewhere, mainly due to Pete Wild being Halifax manager. I can confirm there are plenty of pubs. There’s a cracking food offering in the ground (Magpie’s nest) but it’s in the home end so Won’t get to use it. The away end is about 20 yards wide so the chances of getting a ticket are slim. 

The football is largely irrelevant, as it has been for many years now. 

15 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

In what universe is a trip to Southend a highlight of anything? 

Southend isn't so bad. At least the ground is only a 10/15 minute walk from the station and there are a couple of good pubs if you know where to look. Terrible view from the away end though. The owner want to relocate them to an edge of town site called Fosset's Farm.

21 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

Southend isn't so bad. At least the ground is only a 10/15 minute walk from the station and there are a couple of good pubs if you know where to look. Terrible view from the away end though. The owner want to relocate them to an edge of town site called Fosset's Farm.

Love the away end at Southend, proper old school. Brilliant that night when Curtis Main scored and we won 1-0 to become safe that season, 200 Latics fans roaring us on and the players & Shez responded fully. Got a decent record at Southend - seen us win a few times there.         

23 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

We may have a claim on having played the most different clubs in competitive fixtures. Maybe?

We were the first team to play the rest of the 92 this season. So we'd have a very good chance for competitive fixtures in the English league system. 

Think some teams that regularly play in Europe, especially if they've played in different competitions since 1993 would probably beat us overall. 

17 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

We were the first team to play the rest of the 92 this season. So we'd have a very good chance for competitive fixtures in the English league system. 

Think some teams that regularly play in Europe, especially if they've played in different competitions since 1993 would probably beat us overall. 

Maybe - but my thinking is that whilst they may have played some of the lower two divs, they won't have played them all. Might be one for The Knowledge!

9 hours ago, basilrobbie said:

A very good friend of mine who was very much an expert on football finance worked in that project. And he retired seventeen years ago! 

19 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

Love the away end at Southend, proper old school. Brilliant that night when Curtis Main scored and we won 1-0 to become safe that season, 200 Latics fans roaring us on and the players & Shez responded fully. Got a decent record at Southend - seen us win a few times there.         

I see that Southend won their third successive match last night to move up to 18th in the league…

The attendance was 6,122 😯 

Archived