MATCH: vs Carlisle United (H) 05/03/22

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Our only tactic is to get it out wide to Adams and him to cross in, no way he plays CM.

Baha won’t be trusted by Shez to play wing. 

I think he'll have to gamble with Bahamboula - can' see us getting out of this if we can't make the best of our most talented player

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I think he'll have to gamble with Bahamboula - can' see us getting out of this if we can't make the best of our most talented player

A shame he missed that gilt-edged chance after the 'keeper's lucky save with his legs. If he had put that away, I feel his game may have picked up from there. The situation with Fondop has really annoyed me because just as there appeared to be a decent striker option up front, it gets snatched away again, which is so typical of the way things happen at Latics.

8 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Did he worsen the injury by sliding on his knees celebrating at Newport? Stupid thing to do with a groin issue. Maybe that’s why Shez was grumpy with him being out.

It's crazy sliding on knees and jumping on players backs, a gentle shake of the hand is all that's needed. 🤝

What happened eventually with the queues of fans outside the Jimmy Frizzell? They were slowly scanning tickets but told POTD fans they’d need to have exact money due to the electrics failure. Did they just open up the gates and let people in for free?

Still gutted with the result but trying to remain hopeful for the weekend. At least the squad get a full week to prep. And Swindon have a tough midweek game to get through - have their own injury issues plus McKirdy is suspended for 2 games - all which helps give us a fighting chance 👊

7 hours ago, Sloshed Joe said:

What happened eventually with the queues of fans outside the Jimmy Frizzell? They were slowly scanning tickets but told POTD fans they’d need to have exact money due to the electrics failure. Did they just open up the gates and let people in for free?

From the OAFC message board:

"Posted by Cass on 6/3/2022, 3:18 pm

User logged in as Cass

Yesterday was chaotic for gate staff on the RRE as we found out when we arrived on our gates that for the umpteenth game the electricity had failed. We were unable to open up as the head gateman frantically tried to find the (part-time) electrician. As time was of the essence a decision was taken to open the exit gates to allow in season card and match day ticket holders. Four of us manned the gates with barcode readers, but the stewards didn’t help by allowing people to flood through and make our job more difficult. In addition there were some smartarses who saw the opportunity to get in free, and one or two who insisted on trying to pay in cash. Someone even asked why we had not put a notice up outside to explain the situation! I offer my apologies for the chaos that ensued as I notice that no-one on the Official Site has done so. Roll on a takeover and finance being put in to upgrade the electricity supply throughout the ground."

7 hours ago, Sloshed Joe said:

And Swindon have a tough midweek game to get through - have their own injury issues plus McKirdy is suspended for 2 games - all which helps give us a fighting chance 👊

This also:

On Monday, Garner (Swindon Manager)  announced that Swansea City loanee Brandon Cooper would likely miss the rest of the season thanks to a knee injury sustained against Bradford City on Saturday.

Meanwhile, Peterborough United full-back Joe Tomlinson joined Jordan Lyden, Ben Gladwin, and Louie Barry on the treatment table for “a period of weeks” due to a groin issue that was also picked up at Valley Parade.

I have not seen news of McKirdy’s suspension but it does seem that Swindon will have a few missing on Saturday - let’s hope that our players don’t go ‘missing’ too 🙄

28 minutes ago, RobinsDuckEgg said:

User logged in as Cass

Yesterday was chaotic for gate staff on the RRE as we found out when we arrived on our gates that for the umpteenth game the electricity had failed. We were unable to open up as the head gateman frantically tried to find the (part-time) electrician. As time was of the essence a decision was taken to open the exit gates to allow in season card and match day ticket holders. Four of us manned the gates with barcode readers, but the stewards didn’t help by allowing people to flood through and make our job more difficult. In addition there were some smartarses who saw the opportunity to get in free, and one or two who insisted on trying to pay in cash. Someone even asked why we had not put a notice up outside to explain the situation! I offer my apologies for the chaos that ensued as I notice that no-one on the Official Site has done so. Roll on a takeover and finance being put in to upgrade the electricity supply throughout the ground."

Which kind of goes to prove that whoever comes in has more to do than find a new centre forward 

2 hours ago, RobinsDuckEgg said:

User logged in as Cass

So the crowd might actually have been over 8,000?

46 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

So the crowd might actually have been over 8,000?

There was a fair few hundred queuing to get in around 14:45. No explanation, no organisation (eg - “if you have tickets queue here, if you want to pay queue here & try to have the exact money”). I only found out what the issue was by asking a confused looking steward.

I blagged my way into the family stand, despite having tickets for the JF, as the queue was much much smaller. Stupid thing was me & my boy tend to sit in the Family Stand but v Bradford they decided not to sell pies in that stand - my lad was gutted as he loves a steak pie, so we got tickets for a different stand v Carlisle, just to get him a pie 😆

I notice the Undr the Cosh boys struggled to get a pie as well. And then slated it once they finally got one - “…drier than a nun’s flute”

3 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

There was a fair few hundred queuing to get in around 14:45. No explanation, no organisation (eg - “if you have tickets queue here, if you want to pay queue here & try to have the exact money”). I only found out what the issue was by asking a confused looking steward.

I blagged my way into the family stand, despite having tickets for the JF, as the queue was much much smaller. Stupid thing was me & my boy tend to sit in the Family Stand but v Bradford they decided not to sell pies in that stand - my lad was gutted as he loves a steak pie, so we got tickets for a different stand v Carlisle, just to get him a pie 😆

I notice the Undr the Cosh boys struggled to get a pie as well. And then slated it once they finally got one - “…drier than a nun’s flute”

And it looked minging. At first he thought it had betroot juice on top

2 hours ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Under the prospective new owner they could have paid with crypto currency on their mobiles.😃

7 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

I have not seen news of McKirdy’s suspension but it does seem that Swindon will have a few missing on Saturday - let’s hope that our players don’t go ‘missing’ too 🙄

He’s had 10 bookings so should be on a two match suspension

• Bender unfeatured this topic

Archived