MATCH: vs Carlisle United (H) 05/03/22

No threat whatsoever after HT which just invites pressure…lack of a No.9 could still cost us. Absolutely gutted, that was a game we really couldn’t afford to lose. Need something at Swindon now!!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fondop and Luamba’s injuries are killing us at the moment. Could see a real game plan when we had a focal point but, to a lesser extent, we’re now having the same problems we had before January - the ball just doesn’t stick.

Players looked knackered today which hopefully is just a result of two long trips in a week and a week’s rest should do them good. Our passing wasn’t quick enough and sloppy passes gave the ball to Carlisle in our own half too many times.

1 point from Colchester and Carlisle isn’t good and some tough games to come now. It’s not over of course, but it’s definitely going to be tough from here.

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

That second half was as dire as anything before Shez turned up.  

Our own worst enemies today. 

Whelan….is a liability. 

I think hunt should be given a go in his main position as centre mid. Whelans passing is woeful and he doesn’t get stuck in. Still better than diarra though 

5 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

I think hunt should be given a go in his main position as centre mid. Whelans passing is woeful and he doesn’t get stuck in. Still better than diarra though 

Hunt hasn't offered a contribution since he came here.

His job was to make an impact as sub, but again he was anonymous.

I'd sooner have Vaughan and Couto on rather than Hunt and Stobbs.

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Agreed on both. Not having the lad Hunt at all - he’s bobbins! 

As for Stobbs, he wouldn’t shine in Sunday league. How he keeps getting minutes is a mystery. 

Second half was absolutely awful. Absolutely nothing in midfield. So many sloppy passes, easily dispossessed, and predictable down the wings. Sam Hart is a great player. 

Enjoyed being in the Athleticos section again, even though I feel like a bit of a childminder (I'm late 20s). It's very hard to generate a loud atmosphere when the team is playing so flat. Carlisle fans awful for the most part. They had the cheek to sing "We forgot that you were here". Hilarious. 

We have to regroup and get ready for some very tough games. 

Went with my daughter, her boyfriend, my sister-in-law and her husband today. We looked ok first half, but didn’t come out second half. Terrible result but we’re not dead yet.

As @BP1960says we were outmuscled second half. Just about every 50/50 ball went Carlisle’s way in the second half, we have to be better in this respect. We can’t get the ball to stick up front at all and other than Pidge nobody seems able to win the ball in the air.

Whelan was badly at fault giving the ball away for their equaliser, he is far too lightweight, no physicality at all. Pidge’s foul for the free kick that led to their winner was barmy, really unnecessary.

Shez will lift them but the lack of strikers is a real problem. Special mention for Sam Hart and Missilou, both outstanding today.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Bang on here, Hunt is miles away from 1st team football and is as weak as piss, as soon as he came on they dominated the centre of the park and we couldn't get out of our own half, Shez reasoning is he isn't going to throw Vaughan and Couto in there but he is prepared to throw some other clubs loanee on who strolls around like he is playing in the Championship, he might show ability in training but Vaughan is miles ahead of him on we have seen, Couto is unlucky as well but Hart was outstanding at full back today, Clarke needs a couple of hours with Shez showing how to pass to a blue shirt, thought pidge a McGahey were average, Hart was mom by a country mile, midfield was powder puff, DKD poor, Dylan nothing productive came off, Adams and Missilou played well, Hope was a threat but will never convince, ran a bit harder but it was a struggle, Whealen needs a rest but unfortunately there is nobody to come in for him, as has been said subs made us worse and probably led to the winner, Carlisle were awful but could of still scored 4 or 5, dreadful performance really, players need 2 or 3 days off and then go again as they were leggy today.

That ref though was a joke, lost control after about the 5th minute and looked like he was new to the game, strange decisions to say the least although you couldn't blame him for the defeat.

Looking at the fixtures coming up they will have to improve massively on that today but it is still in our own hands.

We were dead on our feet and literally hanging in there.

Hart my motm

March is literally make or break with our EFL status

Let's hope no injuries or suspensions.

We dust ourselves off, rest and go into the next game.

Well done to the crowd today too

Archived