Forest Green Away

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Shouldn't fret. We'll be at least one division apart soon enough 

Don’t know about that…the FGR annual end of season wobble could be on the cards…especially when we win there on Monday!😆

Will this be streamed on iFollow?

I can only echo the sentiments previously stated about this for an away day. Only if a Latics win would result in us lifting the World Cup would I go back...

Not sure why I get the dislike of this one….a couple of lovely pubs down in the village if you walk down the hill…and they serve meat for those who can’t survive a couple of hours without it :)

plus, I don’t think any of this should matter…we are literally fighting for our league survival so supporting the team is more important to me between 3and5 on Monday than my feckin diet :) 

1 hour ago, Ritchierich said:

Not sure why I get the dislike of this one….a couple of lovely pubs down in the village if you walk down the hill…and they serve meat for those who can’t survive a couple of hours without it :)

plus, I don’t think any of this should matter…we are literally fighting for our league survival so supporting the team is more important to me between 3and5 on Monday than my feckin diet :) 

Agree 100%. The Cotswolds generally and Nailsworth in particular are well worth visiting. If you don’t want to eat vegan, bring your own food.

2 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Agree 100%. The Cotswolds generally and Nailsworth in particular are well worth visiting. If you don’t want to eat vegan, bring your own food.

3 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

It’s probably because it is such a ballache to get to on public transport. 

I live in the nearest metropolis and it would take me over 3 hours to get to their ground on public transport. 

It doesn’t take 3 hours to get from Oldham to London on public transport. 

The fact that most of the away fans are housed in an open-air terrace probably doesn’t help as it’s rained on the two occasions fans have been allowed in. I’ve visited a ground at Level 8 (actually in a league FGR once won) and they had better facilities for fans than FGR’s facilities for away fans. 

Eventually Mr fund the oil protestors will get bored and FGR will drop out of the league and back to their natural position (probably around level 7). 

The fact that this is a local game for me, means I’m going.

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

It’s probably because it is such a ballache to get to on public transport. 

I live in the nearest metropolis and it would take me over 3 hours to get to their ground on public transport. 

It doesn’t take 3 hours to get from Oldham to London on public transport. 

The fact that most of the away fans are housed in an open-air terrace probably doesn’t help as it’s rained on the two occasions fans have been allowed in. I’ve visited a ground at Level 8 (actually in a league FGR once won) and they had better facilities for fans than FGR’s facilities for away fans. 

Eventually Mr fund the oil protestors will get bored and FGR will drop out of the league and back to their natural position (probably around level 7). 

The fact that this is a local game for me, means I’m going.

He's got his eye on politics hasn't he?

Guest Stanley30
13 minutes ago, Mercater said:

He's selling Ecotricity, but keeping the club to turn into a huge green sports development.

Good on him, think he's doing a great job. Last time I went the food was exceptional and much better than the football served. 

Imagine if we had an owner who had a vision. Ah we can only but dream

If he wanted to buy Oldham, who would be complaining about his beliefs and ideologies then? I'm sure I have read that the food at FGR is always way up there in rankings of club food as voted for by fans.

3 hours ago, Mercater said:

If he wanted to buy Oldham, who would be complaining about his beliefs and ideologies then? I'm sure I have read that the food at FGR is always way up there in rankings of club food as voted for by fans.

I had the chips and curry, it wasn't bad but still wouldn't tempt me to revisit again, no atmosphere, no character, no ale houses, no infrastructure and more importantly no soul, a contrived shithole in my book.

7 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Is it only me that doesn’t give a shite about what food I’m going to have at a football match?!

🤣🤣 I know you'd think it was a Gordon Ramsey tasting experience going off some here 

That said the Chicken Balti pie I had at Latics early in the season was drier than Ghandi's flip flop

12 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Is it only me that doesn’t give a shite about what food I’m going to have at a football match?!

I just like being able to get food that won’t give me a ridiculous case of the two bob bits. Whilst they didn’t have it on their menu FGR were willing to cook something special to meet my dietary requirements. It actually sounded nice too, but I was satisfied with a scotch egg from the excellent Gloucester services. 

Archived