Forest Green Away

On 4/13/2022 at 2:54 AM, rudemedic said:

The fact that most of the away fans are housed in an open-air terrace probably doesn’t help as it’s rained on the two occasions fans have been allowed in. I’ve visited a ground at Level 8 (actually in a league FGR once won) and they had better facilities for fans than FGR’s facilities for away fans

When I was there at our first ever meeting, I believe (incorrectly) we took 500 fans. (845 actual) FG laid on a separate beer tent for Latics fans with stalls selling Samosas and other vegan delights..

The staff were very welcoming and friendly and it was an enjoyable experience. 

Yes we stand on an open terrace but that is the same at Bristol Rovers, Exeter (although that is now covered) to name but two.

Decent pubs in Nailsworth too 👍

7 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

When I was there at our first ever meeting, I believe we took 500 fans.

We actually took 845, I was there too! A bit different from the norm and a bit of a nightmare getting to and from the station. Not one of the better away trips but not the worst either……probably wouldn’t bother going again!

12 hours ago, Mercater said:

If he wanted to buy Oldham, who would be complaining about his beliefs and ideologies then? I'm sure I have read that the food at FGR is always way up there in rankings of club food as voted for by fans.

9 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I had the chips and curry, it wasn't bad but still wouldn't tempt me to revisit again, no atmosphere, no character, no ale houses, no infrastructure and more importantly no soul, a contrived shithole in my book.

I knew I shouldn't have mentioned the food and then the first point may have been addressed.

I've never been to a football match and thought "Ooh, whats going to be on the menu today then".  Tandoori pies all round then?

9 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

🤣🤣 I know you'd think it was a Gordon Ramsey tasting experience going off some here 

That said the Chicken Balti pie I had at Latics early in the season was drier than Ghandi's flip flop

Now that surely would give you a case of the sour apple quick steps!

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

We actually took 845, I was there too! A bit different from the norm and a bit of a nightmare getting to and from the station. Not one of the better away trips but not the worst either……probably wouldn’t bother going again!

You are right @oafc1955 - incredible away following 😃

Not been before but think I’ll drive, looks a ball ache on public transport though. Where’s best to park? 
It looks like if they win and Mansfield lose on Friday, then they would just need a win against us to get promoted…. God that’s gonna be depressing, hopefully we spoil the party.

1 minute ago, Andy-latic said:

Not been before but think I’ll drive, looks a ball ache on public transport though. Where’s best to park? 
It looks like if they win and Mansfield lose on Friday, then they would just need a win against us to get promoted…. God that’s gonna be depressing, hopefully we spoil the party.

Farmers field right next to the ground - I kid you not.

16 hours ago, Mercater said:

If he wanted to buy Oldham, who would be complaining about his beliefs and ideologies then? I'm sure I have read that the food at FGR is always way up there in rankings of club food as voted for by fans.

I for one think that his beliefs and ideologies are correct and that he's on the right side of history.

Doesn't change the fact that the ground is a shit hole at the arse end of nowhere.

1 hour ago, Andy-latic said:

I just parked on the street close to the ground. You won’t struggle for parking. Worst away day ever this one. 

1 hour ago, Andy-latic said:

Loads of off street parking close to the ground

6 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Farmers field right next to the ground - I kid you not.

Think said farmers field has been charging £5 to park on it each time I’ve been. As it is literally a farmers’ field if it is raining, or has been raining, it looked to be a right pain getting out. 

As others have said there is a bit of on street parking near the ground which in my experience was the better option. There is also a bit of parking feasible on some of the country lanes near the ground too, but those seemed to fill up quickly. 

3 hours ago, trickyrickyholden said:

😀 I meant the ground, and the away end in particular.

😉I know, you’re right, the away terrace is not the best (although better than Bristol Rovers!) but tbh I just hope we do get a decent turnout on Monday as I think we’re going to need the support and a point or three…..I don’t think the ground or the catering should be a concern for this one…..wait until you see Boreham Wood, Wealdstone and maybe Dorking Wanderers!!!!!!!!!

On 4/13/2022 at 12:45 AM, Ritchierich said:

Is it only me that doesn’t give a shite about what food I’m going to have at a football match?!

Especially when it’s a 3pm KO by which time surely most people will have eaten. I suppose if you get to the ground about 1pm/1.30pm you might be peckish, but why would you want to get to a ground that early?

I'll be braving the busy motorways, dodgy vegan pies and burgers, and having to park in a farmer's field with a cow or 2 to support the lads at such a crucial time.

Hope to see a few there especially if we can get something against Northampton. I'd like to think we will have 4/500 there.

Trust me there will be worse places to go than FGR next season if we go down.

COYB and KTF 

Archived