BPAS PODCAST: 25th Apr '22 Episode 81: The Relegation Episode

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

I cannot stand BO but you have to be joking surely.

AL and Mo mostly responsible for our acute decline.

BO partly but significantly responsible for our chronic decline.

It really would be a case of picking your poison, and they have all been poisonous to the club.

12 minutes ago, PeteG said:

I would have expected Morallee to be at the boxing on Saturday as he no doubt had one of his boxers on the undercard and one of his main fighters in either number 1 or 2 contender for the heavyweight title but I certainly wasn't there not sure about hotel4u?? I went to watch Curzon and then had my slippers on enjoying a Chinese with the Mrs i picked up on the way back.

Do you know when Moralee last attended a match? 

People over playing BO's influence and let Morallee off the hook big time. You can see they think BO is a clown.

He's an old BIFFO, nothing more nothing less. Morallee and AL aren't letting him lead them.

BO is an oldham fan, lives in the town, he might be as thick as he looks but he'll not intentionally kill the club. AL and Morallee may well do if they have seen their arses and their money.

Morallee is linked with a boxing promotion that White works for, Problemum (may be spelt wrong). That may well be their link to information.

Worth a search Problemum as it's linked by some, not me obviously, to some recent warrants issued re International drug smuggling. Small world.

Just now, PeteG said:

Not entirely certain but he was at Stevenage away a few weeks ago.

So basically a director with diverse business interests who rarely goes to home matches.  I'd love to be a party to the discussions re the obvious conflicts of interest involved.  If they haven't been held at board level at OAFC (which is entirely possible I suppose) it seems inconceivable that they won't have been discussed at Brandsmiths

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

AL will sell to whoever he likes subject to EFL approval and if BO is involved in some way there isn’t much we can do about it. He’s 75 now and so he’s not going to be at the club forever.

I would much rather it be the Royle/fans consortium or a.n.other but it’s out of our hands isn’t it?

Sadly you're probably right, which underlines Andy's excellent point on Paul Ross that fans should have a say on the appointment of new owners - even if new owners will say whatever they like to win favour. The Lees character backed off pretty quickly, and one of the Chelsea bidders seems to have pulled out as soon as fan hostility became clear, so fans can influence events.

If and when a new owner does emerge it needs to be made crystal clear that any involvement for Knacker of the Yard in running the club will have consequences.

• Matt featured this topic
4 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

I cannot stand BO but you have to be joking surely.

I might be joking but unfortunately I'm not.

1.) He had the wool pulled over his eyes by the Trust's finance director and then wrote an victim impact statement that was lambasted by the judge.

2.) He was the Chair of the Trust when the Trust failed to submit its accounts for a few years and I think a few members of this board with the right knowledge had to pull the trust out of automatic insolvency.

3.) He lied to Montano pretending to be looking after Montano's well-being only to grass him up to the serious crime squad. 

4.) He then was instrumental in the club attempting to sign a then convinced rapist because he believes so strongly in prisoner rehabilitation. This is despite his tough stance on one convicted criminal and one accused criminal in my points 1 and 3. 

I could go on, but I'm only rehashing what others have said before. 

This thread provides a decent summary.

https://www.owtb.co.uk/topic/51276-barry-owen-the-truth/

He's incompetent and a hypocrite, whereas AL and Mo are just incompetent. His recent changes of view on the club's ownership as highlighted by the Laughing Policeman episode of the podcast futher exemplifies him being a hypocrite.

So yes I prefer AL and Mo to BO.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

BO is just a useful idiot. 

I'm not so sure about this. That would imply someone behind him pulling the strings basically wouldn't it? I think he's wormed his way back in and is now directing club policy - hence the statements this week and making a play to hire Shez.

6 hours ago, nzlatic said:

I'm not so sure about this. That would imply someone behind him pulling the strings basically wouldn't it? I think he's wormed his way back in and is now directing club policy - hence the statements this week and making a play to hire Shez.

I fully believe Morallee is far more influential than people believe. He clearly wouldn't trust Bazza to run a bath never mind the club his names on. Useful idiot is a great analogy for BO and he'd be perfect to front any comms coming up. He'll get the heat while Morallee and AL stay in the background. 

• Matt unfeatured this topic

Archived