4 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

I don't know whether people have seen, but the company that controls Scunny have taken out a mortgage loan secured on Glanford Park. 

That does NOT look like good news to me. 

Our ground has a mortgage on it also and has for some time.

2 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

I don't know whether people have seen, but the company that controls Scunny have taken out a mortgage loan secured on Glanford Park. 

That does NOT look like good news to me. 

certainly doesn't Basil, I was thinking about Scunny before and how they played so many kids in their final game v Bristol Rovers which ultimately resulted in Northampton's two goal win at Barrow not being enough for automatic promotion. I had also heard that Scunny owner wanted to sell but no buyer

Not a great time to be a Scunny fan either, rather lost track of them as we were facing our own battles (and still are)

Good luck to all Scunny fans and hope they survive somehow    

Scunhorpe supporters coach came to our club the last few seasons before games at BP and Spotland but missed this season ( maybe support's dropped off ?) and always found them a decent crowd.

Really hope they (and us) can overcome any problems.

38 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Our ground has a mortgage on it also and has for some time.

I just thought people might be interested in a story about another club in chaos off the field, recently under embargo, with the future of the stadium under a cloud, a complete squad rebuild on the cards, huge debts, all at the door of a chairman who seems intent on steering the ship to the rocks. 

I'm pretty sure that Peter Swann was quite pally with Karl Oyston, once upon a time.

25 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Yes, thought that was common knowledge

Wait hang on you take out a mortgage on a property when you are paying to buy it. Ours is a lease it's a very different thing we pay rental agreement until that lease ends.

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Wait hang on you take out a mortgage on a property when you are paying to buy it. Ours is a lease it's a very different thing we pay rental agreement until that lease ends.

You don't know the half of it. 

34 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

The football club don't have a mortgage on it - Brassbank do! 

8 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Right gotcha. But that's a very different thing to what's happened at Scunthorpe though.

It is, correct, however, it does leave the club in a precarious position if the landlord ever defaulted on the mortgage not that there is any reason to suggest they would, likewise, there is nothing to suggest Scunthorpe would either. 

8 minutes ago, PeteG said:

It is, correct, however, it does leave the club in a precarious position if the landlord ever defaulted on the mortgage not that there is any reason to suggest they would, likewise, there is nothing to suggest Scunthorpe would either. 

Well that won't be a problem aslong as the club continues to pay the rent if we don't and their is a risk of defaulting on his mortgage then I imagine Blitz will call in his debt and put us into Admin if se don't pay him.

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Well that won't be a problem aslong as the club continues to pay the rent if we don't and their is a risk of defaulting on his mortgage then I imagine Blitz will call in his debt and put us into Admin if se don't pay him.

Think you don't understand how admin works if you think Blitz can just do that.

19 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Newsflash we are according to those in the know not paying our rent whilst the north stand dispute is ongoing 

11 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Think you don't understand how admin works if you think Blitz can just do that.

We've got a legal obligation to pay him rent he can go after us legally if he doesn't get paid or even kick us out of Boundary Park. Might not go straight to admin their would be a number of opportunities to pay up before it got to that. That's a possibility though if it dragged out far enough.

59 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

North Stand closure alert!!!

Nothing surer next season, one less stand to police for a start, they could even start putting away fans in the small section of the RRE to save more money and go with the two stands.

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

Pete, I think that is a dangerous assumption to make as far as Scunny are concerned. My feeling s that they are under an existential threat that probably exceeds the size of your own. I do hope I am wrong. 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Nothing surer next season, one less stand to police for a start, they could even start putting away fans in the small section of the RRE to save more money and go with the two stands.

You know actually it would be very sensible decisions to shut tge chaddy end next season and just have 3 sides of the ground stick the away fans in the small section of the RRE and open the other 3. 

Wait what's that "Barry Owen senior Director coming through" we will shut the North Stand.

Archived