Pledges for the Contingency Fund - 2022/23 season.

Apologies if there's already a thread for this somewhere - I couldn't see one.  Thought we could do pledges for the Contingency fund, like we used to for Playershare.  Here's mine:

£50 when Mo and AL leave.

£20 when Shez walks/is sacked.

£1 for every goal we score in the National League.

£5 every time Owen uses the word "fiduciary" in an interview.

£20 when Owen leaves.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£30 a month for 10 months from the start of August to the start of May to the Contingency Fund.

There's no way that I'd buy a season ticket in normal circumstances due to living at the other end of the country, but I would happily contribute the approx. cost of a season ticket to the Contingency Fund instead of the club.

Also I echo the £200 to the same fund when Barry Owen severs all ties with the club (on the premise that he never comes back again).

whatever the full out of offer price of an adult season ticket in the Jimmy Frizzell is l will donate that much in dribs n drabs by Xmas. sorry its not sooner but l don't wana pledge sumat l can't back at the drop of a hat. l get its an emergency and it will be way before then, jus playin it safe. lve not said owt public before bc it needs now donations not standing orders, but seein as this is for next season l thought ld get it off my chest.

l'll also have a second go around the webshop. probably buy the same things 😂

Can’t we make this into a test of genuine pledges using our forum members as a guide to see if enough money could be raised quickly.

Pledgers put any amount they would genuinely be prepared to send.

I bet we could quickly see a number way over the official fund if we link it to a virtual share system with a promise to issue the shares if the fund does get used to purchase the ground. Say £100 per stadium share.

I will kick it off

Pidge 30 shares………..£3000

TOTAL.  £3000

who is next?

16 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Can’t we make this into a test of genuine pledges using our forum members as a guide to see if enough money could be raised quickly.

Pledgers put any amount they would genuinely be prepared to send.

I bet we could quickly see a number way over the official fund if we link it to a virtual share system with a promise to issue the shares if the fund does get used to purchase the ground. Say £100 per stadium share.

I will kick it off

Pidge 30 shares………..£3000

TOTAL.  £3000

who is next?

How can anyone know that a pledge on a forum using a random name is a genuine pledge? 

7 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

How can anyone know that a pledge on a forum using a random name is a genuine pledge? 

Of course you are right Dave.  Pointing out the negatives as usual but right all the same.

Maybe I was hoping with the club so far down and nearly out, forum members wouldn’t play stupid games and bid a million pounds. It’s time surely time to be serious for a moment? 

I used the word “Genuine” thinking it would encourage people to post a number they would actually be prepared to give in the right circumstances. You are right, I miss used the word as there cannot be guarantees of accuracy.

Dave, have you got an idea of how to conduct an on line survey that would give us an idea if we have enough Oldham fan willing to “invest” in the club rather then donate pocket change.

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

Of course you are right Dave.  Pointing out the negatives as usual but right all the same.

Maybe I was hoping with the club so far down and nearly out, forum members wouldn’t play stupid games and bid a million pounds. It’s time surely time to be serious for a moment? 

I used the word “Genuine” thinking it would encourage people to post a number they would actually be prepared to give in the right circumstances. You are right, I miss used the word as there cannot be guarantees of accuracy.

Dave, have you got an idea of how to conduct an on line survey that would give us an idea if we have enough Oldham fan willing to “invest” in the club rather then donate pocket change.

I've been accused of being negative for years. I'm a realist and reality struck a long time ago. I'll leave surveys to the IT savvy. 

Being negative or cautious has its place and can be a useful weapon in your armoury.

It can also be the total opposite, I have been the victim in the past of letting negative and cautious advice lead me to changing my mind on something when I should have just gone with my gut.

Not a dig btw Dave_og

15 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Being negative or cautious has its place and can be a useful weapon in your armoury.

It can also be the total opposite, I have been the victim in the past of letting negative and cautious advice lead me to changing my mind on something when I should have just gone with my gut.

Not a dig btw Dave_og

The problem is when common sense is mistaken for negativity. Very different things 

37 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Common sense too, oh yes thats another spanner in the works for the impulsive types, like me.

Theres nothing common about common sense.

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

The problem is when common sense is mistaken for negativity. Very different things 

Common sense is a collection of prejudices acquired by the age of 18

What's common to you may not be to me

Sorry my behavioural studies kicked in there 🙂

Think this is hard to say and agree that people are less willingly to give money for something that’s still hypothetical… think that’s probably why the fund hasn’t really taken off, 45k in the grand scheme of things is nothing.

In answer to your question though if money was required to keep the club alive in an emergency situation (and knowing that we could reach the total target) - I would put £5k in.

What would you be prepared to spend at £100 per share

Pidge             30 shares………..£3000

Andy-lactic.   50 shares…….….£5000

TOTAL.  £8000

who is next?

4 hours ago, Pidge said:

TOTAL.  £8000

who is next?

Would need to know what the shares actually mean to an investor?

4 hours ago, Pidge said:

TOTAL.  £8000

who is next?

Depends how it was paid, I'd suggest it is paid over a period of time ie. 3 or 5 years, on that sort of basis I'd commit to a similar figure, around £1000 pa would seem reasonable.

On 6/1/2022 at 10:43 AM, BP1960 said:

Would need to know what the shares actually mean to an investor?

I don’t think we can think of an Oldham fan as an investor at this stage. This will never be a safe investment. We would be reliant on those doing the deal, to later issue actual shares in the assets resulting from the purchase of the ground.

However, I would be more likely to donate/invest if that amount and my details were recorded with a view to doing that later.

On 5/31/2022 at 8:52 AM, Dave_Og said:

Not sure if those with “common sense” will ever invest/donate to the Oldham   Fund.

Archived