Pledges for the Contingency Fund - 2022/23 season.

17 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I'd be curious what happens if the FLG decided they didn't like the new owners. What if crypto queen actually bought the club. Would everyone be willing to work woth him and chuck the money over to the club?

There are endless hypotheses

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/1/2022 at 6:17 AM, Pidge said:

What would you be prepared to spend at £100 per share

Pidge             30 shares………..£3000

Andy-lactic.   50 shares…….….£5000

TOTAL.  £8000

who is next?

I guess my attempt to survey our forum’s members to get an idea of how many Oldham fans would be prepared to stump up a 4 figure sum for the fund, could be interpreted as there not being anywhere near enough such fans

I would suggest finding over 1000 fans to donate £1000 may be an impossible ask when we cannot find more then 2 people covered by the anonymity of this forum, prepared to say they would.

2 hours ago, Pidge said:

I guess my attempt to survey our forum’s members to get an idea of how many Oldham fans would be prepared to stump up a 4 figure sum for the fund, could be interpreted as there not being anywhere near enough such fans

I would suggest finding over 1000 fans to donate £1000 may be an impossible ask when we cannot find more then 2 people covered by the anonymity of this forum, prepared to say they would.

Pidge, i did a survey some time early last season I think which asked if fans would be prepared to contribute in the event that the Lemmies walked away - was a different picture than yours....think it was around £70k I estimated from OWTB Board. 

I too would donate a 4 figure sum but dependent upon the circumstances that the club was facing. 

I thought that if 1000 fans who would routinely buy a ST but not under this regime would donate their £200 to the 1895 fund, it would give us £200,000 fairly painlessly and be a great start to getting a real stake in the club but I suspect the amount who have donated to date is probably 10 rather than 1000. 

I live in hope that one day this nightmare will be over and Latics can be run again with love and compassion and the fans treated with courtesy and respect, not disdain     

From memory. I think OASF did do a survey a good 18 months ago too on how much fans were willing to contribute to a fund and frequency before we launched the website

We also looked at the fundraising pages/tools out there and costing of them depending on your payment method. That is why at the time, it was decided to have a built page on the website to take those donations/pledges instead. 

Its always good to do those refresher surveys/review of the tools in place. Especially, as stuff on and off the pitch changes daily and now the club is up for sale as well as the ground.

Shares, bonds, leave a latics legacy were the next ones to bottom out. I had done some work on two of them, ready as part of the ACV pre-trigger plan

On 6/1/2022 at 6:17 AM, Pidge said:

What would you be prepared to spend at £100 per share

Pidge             30 shares………..£3000

Andy-lactic.   50 shares…….….£5000

TOTAL.  £8000

who is next?

On 6/1/2022 at 10:43 AM, BP1960 said:

Would need to know what the shares actually mean to an investor?

It wouldn't be an "investment" as such, BP. Basically, how much money are you prepared to "give away" (or possibly "throw away") in the hope it MIGHT save Latics? You'll get no traditional "return on investment" although, of course, IF it did result in the club being saved, that would be worth an awful lot in most people's eyes. My mate, to this day, laments what he "threw away" trying to save his beloved Roughyeds. Never saw a penny back - never saw the club saved (as he envisaged anyway).

53 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

It wouldn't be an "investment" as such, BP. Basically, how much money are you prepared to "give away" (or possibly "throw away") in the hope it MIGHT save Latics? You'll get no traditional "return on investment" although, of course, IF it did result in the club being saved, that would be worth an awful lot in most people's eyes. My mate, to this day, laments what he "threw away" trying to save his beloved Roughyeds. Never saw a penny back - never saw the club saved (as he envisaged anyway).

Struggle to see any point in going through all the many legal hoops that a share issue necessarily entails if the purchasers acknowledge that there's no realistic possibility of a return, thus making it a donation

I'd be prepared to put 4 figures in and whilst I wouldn't expect any return, I'd want some sort of assurance that the "donations" couldn't just be creamed off by any current / new buyer or any majority "shareholder" in the FLG, if that's where ground ownership ended up.

If the ground was put into a trust arrangement, with decent governance, that might cover it.

I'd also want a laminated certificate and a badge 😉

2 hours ago, real said:

I'd be prepared to put 4 figures in and whilst I wouldn't expect any return, I'd want some sort of assurance that the "donations" couldn't just be creamed off by any current / new buyer or any majority "shareholder" in the FLG, if that's where ground ownership ended up.

If the ground was put into a trust arrangement, with decent governance, that might cover it.

I'd also want a laminated certificate and a badge 😉

Whatever happened to the playershare funds?

1 minute ago, Flemboy said:

Im prepated to stump up £1000 if 500 others will

I donated my season ticket money to 1895 fund thinking if we could get 1000 at £200 it would be a great start. Think its possibly about 10 who have done that. 

That said I would pledge £1000 if another 498 will (you and me Flem)   

22 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

I donated my season ticket money to 1895 fund thinking if we could get 1000 at £200 it would be a great start. Think its possibly about 10 who have done that. 

That said I would pledge £1000 if another 498 will (you and me Flem)   

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Can I ask what's happening with the contingency fund please.

It would be good if we could liaise with the new owner and ring fence something like little Wembley to safeguard the future of the club, giving us an asset thus giving us more security regardless of owner going forward.   

1 hour ago, mickjagger said:

It would be good if we could liaise with the new owner and ring fence something like little Wembley to safeguard the future of the club, giving us an asset thus giving us more security regardless of owner going forward.   

I'm thinking more in the short term, on the back of my pledge would everyone be happy if I donated £200 to the Community Trust, don't want a big row over it but with the uncertainty over what will happen short term with the fund I'm happy to pay the monies into something that will benefit straight away.

12 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I'm thinking more in the short term, on the back of my pledge would everyone be happy if I donated £200 to the Community Trust, don't want a big row over it but with the uncertainty over what will happen short term with the fund I'm happy to pay the monies into something that will benefit straight away.

The fund is set up for all eventualities relating to the clubs future as set out in the plan agreed by the fan base earlier this year. The old trust should have had years of money behind them for this time round and weren’t ready. The fund needs to keep building for either a rainy day or safeguarding BP etc whatever the fans vote on. 

6 hours ago, adamoafc said:

The fund is set up for all eventualities relating to the clubs future as set out in the plan agreed by the fan base earlier this year. The old trust should have had years of money behind them for this time round and weren’t ready. The fund needs to keep building for either a rainy day or safeguarding BP etc whatever the fans vote on. 

Yes fair point and on that basis I will pay my pledge as originally intended.

Archived