Derby Situation

28 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Somebody is going to have to otherwise nothing will happen, he isn't just going to hand it over and walk away.

He's consistently refused to engage with anybody over a long period of time. It's not 'somebody' that has to engage, it's him. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Looking like nothing is happening until the court case is resolved so all that's going to happen is the owner continuing cutting the cloth accordingly and fans whinging about quality of players and results.

Hang on- you said in the other thread we’re big fish In this division able to attract a relatively high calibre of player.  I asked you where you expect us to finish, and you said top ten. 

Now above- AL and is just going to keep cutting his cloth and the quality  of player will be lower. 

Which one is it? 

Or are you posting direct contradictions of your own view on different threads? 

4 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Do you believe that if there was an increase in season ticket sales that excess money would go on increasing the budget for the playing squad?

Potentially, who knows, I certainly don't think anybody is making any money out of it. I don't get the mindset of the half in, half out boycotters and what they are hoping to achieve.

46 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

For a guy who doesn't care about whether they win or not, you were quite angry on the way back from Harrogate...

I don't expect us to win, I expect us to try 😉

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Hang on- you said in the other thread we’re big fish In this division able to attract a relatively high calibre of player.  I asked you where you expect us to finish, and you said top ten. 

Now above- AL and is just going to keep cutting his cloth and the quality  of player will be lower. 

Which one is it? 

Or are you posting direct contradictions of your own view on different threads? 

Both. We'll still be one of the more attractive propositions in the league regardless due to history and potential.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Both. We'll still be one of the more attractive propositions in the league regardless due to history and potential.

😂😂😂

How does that work? 

Do you fancy going to Oldham? 

Yeah- if the money is right. 

Well, about that- we haven’t got any. 

Oh, Solihull is it then. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

😂😂😂

How does that work? 

Oh, Solihull is it then. 

Well the captain of the reigning champions chose to come here over at least one other NL team and Porter was offered a chance to go to a L2 side in the area (albeit told he would not be a regular) and still chose to come here...

10 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂😂😂

How does that work? 

Oh, Solihull is it then. 

Yes, the dynamics have changed now, to the distress of the #wontsignanybodytilaugust lads

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

For a guy who doesn't care about whether they win or not, you were quite angry on the way back from Harrogate...

Let’s face it …if you couldn’t get angry after the Harrogate debacle, when could you!!

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Potentially, who knows, I certainly don't think anybody is making any money out of it. I don't get the mindset of the half in, half out boycotters and what they are hoping to achieve.

I'd hazard a guess that Brandsmiths are doing ok out of all this.

Who are the half in half out boycotters by the way? There was a boycott, this was put on hold for the reasons explained multiple times already, the club failed to deliver on their promises and so the boycott is back on. It really is very simple. 

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Who are the half in half out boycotters by the way? There was a boycott, this was put on hold for the reasons explained multiple times already, the club failed to deliver on their promises and so the boycott is back on. It really is very simple. 

Those who are saying they will only do away games.

22 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Those who are saying they will only do away games.

As far as I understand things the boycott is to deprive the owners of funds.  Now there is clearly more than one side to that debate but it's of close to zero relevance to not boycotting away games

24 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

If they are successful then will it not have been money well spent?

That would depend on what Abdallah did with his new found asset.

Also, that's a pretty big "if" isn't it?

17 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

As far as I understand things the boycott is to deprive the owners of funds.  Now there is clearly more than one side to that debate but it's of close to zero relevance to not boycotting away games

When Mr Owen makes every away game all ticket with tickets needed to be purchased in advance from Oldham, then the away day only bunch will, whether it's a small percentage or not, indeed be funding the Lemsagam brothers...

18 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

If you are attending away games then presumably you want to see a competitive team

24 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Unless you are one of the types who just goes for a day out then surely you go with the hope of seeing your team win, how does marry up with depriving the owners and club of funds?

Yes, the dynamics have changed now, to the distress of the #wontsignanybodytilaugust lads

You’ve lost me. 

Do you think we’re big fish who will sign players for a promotion push. 

Or

Do you think AL will cut his cloth and ultimately we’ll be left with poor quality. 

You’ve said both. 

It can’t be. 

Which one is it? 

18 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

If you are attending away games then presumably you want to see a competitive team

Unless you are one of the types who just goes for a day out then surely you go with the hope of seeing your team win, how does marry up with depriving the owners and club of funds?

Dare any of us ask what your suggestion would be to try and speed up the removal of the owners. Or do you think either a) any attempt is futile so there's no point trying, or b) happy/indifferent to the owners staying?

30 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

When Mr Owen makes every away game all ticket with tickets needed to be purchased in advance from Oldham, then the away day only bunch will, whether it's a small percentage or not, indeed be funding the Lemsagam brothers...

You are correct.

However conflating a tiny percentage of an away ticket with full home match ticket and spend in the ground is clutching to say the least. 

24 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

That’s a fair point. 

If you’re going to away games- you must accept that the squad will be poor without home match revenue. 

Unless you think that we’re big fish, money doesn’t matter and we’ll romp the league anyway based on our tradition alone. 

Archived