Derby Situation

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He's not wrong though. At risk of repeating myself, we have signed the captain of the reigning champions (who turned down a NL playoff side), we've signed a proven goalscorer who turned down a L2 club and we are about to sign the captain of a NL playoff side who has had offers to move down south in the EFL...

If we do sign the captain of a NL playoff side then l, at the risk of repeating myself, would like to know where the money is coming from 🤔

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

If we do sign the captain of a NL playoff side then l, at the risk of repeating myself, would like to know where the money is coming from 🤔

The club statement on the 25th April said that the budget would be competitive due to EFL parachute payments...

9 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The club statement on the 25th April said that the budget would be competitive due to EFL parachute payments...

It said it would be unchanged

Considering the dross signed previously that didn't and doesn't fill me with optimism 

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Maybe the club owner is putting money in...

More chance of me winning the euromillions

You don't take £30 quid from players wages for food and not pay caterers if you are putting money in 

(£30 is roughly what it was in 2016)

28 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The EFL parachute payment is £80K down from £450k in league two. 

The club are telling porkies to suit their narrative- which is, we’ll be fine we don’t need fans. The statement is utter bollocks. 

12 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Maybe the club owner is putting money in...

Can be the only explanation. Hardly any season tickets sold, very little sponsorship. And it sticks two fingers up at fans. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

The EFL parachute payment is £80K down from £450k in league two. 

The club are telling porkies to suit their narrative- which is, we’ll be fine we don’t need fans. The statement is utter bollocks. 

Can be the only explanation. Hardly any season tickets sold, very little sponsorship. And it sticks two fingers up at fans. 

Can you show me proof of this as I think you are wrong.

1 hour ago, wroteforluck87 said:

Bobble hat✔

Beardy✔

Dunlop Green Flash✔

whether you like it or not, you sir are a football hipster 😆

You may be mistaking me for my brother...?

4 hours ago, League one forever said:

You’ve lost me. 

Do you think we’re big fish who will sign players for a promotion push. 

Or

Do you think AL will cut his cloth and ultimately we’ll be left with poor quality. 

You’ve said both. 

It can’t be. 

Which one is it? 

Eyresey is tying himself in knots as you say. I'd only add that, if he thinks "the dynamics have changed" that's possibly true, but only in the sense that a roadsweeper chugs along to the end of a road and then turns round to chug back along the other side.

No disrespect though to any new signings , hope they do well for us.

47 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I'm pretty sure it is 100% of League 2's payment this season and 50% next, £80k is what NL teams pick up regardless.

Correct, only issue may be EFL clawing back the loan we owe.....

23 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Eyresey is tying himself in knots as you say. I'd only add that, if he thinks "the dynamics have changed" that's possibly true, but only in the sense that a roadsweeper chugs along to the end of a road and then turns round to chug back along the other side.

No disrespect though to any new signings , hope they do well for us.

The dynamics have changed in the sense that we are now one of the biggest names in the league, something that hasn't been the case for a long time. The notion that we'll only be signing the dregs after everyone else has finished is being debunked faster than a PTB u-turn.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

The dynamics have changed in the sense that we are now one of the biggest names in the league, something that hasn't been the case for a long time. The notion that we'll only be signing the dregs after everyone else has finished is being debunked faster than a PTB u-turn.

A 39 year old striker doesn't jump out as top drawer, we are fishing in a pool of minnows. 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

I'm pretty sure it is 100% of League 2's payment this season and 50% next, £80k is what NL teams pick up regardless.

https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/20083248.amp/

We’re both out. 

According to Kieran Maguire the EFL money (£400k in league two) gets halved for two seasons.  We also lose 700k in PL solidarity payments. 

My initial point stands though. We have lost a hell of a lot money, and the only explanation can be AL putting money in. 

15 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I'm going to be charitable here and assume that relegation out of the Football League has severely eroded your sanity.

23 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

In our time in L2 we were definitely one of the biggest names based on our history. Bar Bolton, only Bradford, Swindon, Bury and Notts Co could claim to have a history on par with ours.

6 minutes ago, wroteforluck87 said:

Or he isn't and come August we're going to have players who ain't happy that they haven't been paid 🤷‍♂️

To be fair he's been paying the wages, granted there are no assurances but I think he has put this right.

7 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

In our time in L2 we were definitely one of the biggest names based on our history. Bar Bolton, only Bradford, Swindon, Bury and Notts Co could claim to have a history on par with ours.

No other fanbases or media regarded us as such although they respected the away followings.

18 minutes ago, League one forever said:

https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/20083248.amp/

We’re both out. 

According to Kieran Maguire the EFL money (£400k in league two) gets halved for two seasons.  We also lose 700k in PL solidarity payments. 

My initial point stands though. We have lost a hell of a lot money, and the only explanation can be AL putting money in. 

Agreed.

Archived