Live Streaming Of Games

11 minutes ago, RobinsDuckEgg said:

Can you post a link? I could only find:

https://www.betting.co.uk/nonleaguedaily/opinion-reynolds-is-right-its-about-time-the-national-league-said-yes-to-match-streams/

which while the author is in favour gives the impression that it's only Wrexham that are pushing for it.

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/national-league-board-issue-streaming-update-72412

Not quite on topic, but:

"The National League has been in discussions with BT Sport on the timing restriction on Clubs placing their highlights online and the difficulties this can cause some Clubs."

"Yesterday BT Sport confirmed they are in agreement for the restriction to be amended so that Clubs can upload their highlights immediately following the BT Sport National League highlights show, rather than the current restriction."

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/national-league-highlights

7 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

We really need the camera to be positioned on the JR stand; or at the very least,  higher up on the dinosaur.

Gives a much better positional perspective.

Ideal opportunity to relocate.

Higher up on the Main Stand would definitely improve the overall viewing perspective 👍

8 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

We really need the camera to be positioned on the JR stand; or at the very least,  higher up on the dinosaur.

Gives a much better positional perspective.

Ideal opportunity to relocate.

I think the club prefers to show off the JR stand.

5 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Higher up on the Main Stand would definitely improve the overall viewing perspective 👍

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I think the club prefers to show off the JR stand.

Agree with both here. Although it ain't safe inside the main stand, so we would be paying danger money for the camera operator on top of our subscription if they stuck him/her on the roof.

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

3pm embargo ending?

Hopefully. Always think of away games like Maidstone. I'm not willing to give up my day (and spend 100 quid)for that but am willing to pay some money and give up 2 hours. Diehards will still go these types of away games.

I'm also never going to decide to watch at home rather than go to a home game or a local away game 

Then you add in the ridiculous scenarios where fans up and down the country cant get tickets to see their team and don't have an option to pay to watch (illegal streams aside).

I've always thought this is a bit odd and that not a lot of thought went into it in the first place.

54 minutes ago, trickyrickyholden said:

I've always thought this is a bit odd and that not a lot of thought went into it in the first place.

I think the smaller clubs pushed back on it because they felt if United City was on at the same time as a home game people would stay in and watch that instead of paying to go through the turnstiles.

As long as the money coming in from people watching Oldham on the streaming site outweighs what they lost on the gates I'm all for it. 

The article mentions Amazon and other companies buying the rights. This would be interesting and would work domestically but there is no appetite for football that isn't the Premier League to be shown on TV outside of the UK. 

• 1 month later...

One thing they need to sort out is that there is no direct feedback to communicate any problems.

They switched off the video at half time and forgot to switch it on again until the 63rd minute, so I missed the first Torquay goal, in the meantime desperately looking for a way to contact them had to scroll through the terms and conditions to find an email.  Still waiting for a reply and a part of my money back.

23 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Can it be streamed straight to your TV?

Yes. Check their FAQ's

20 hours ago, RobinsDuckEgg said:

One thing they need to sort out is that there is no direct feedback to communicate any problems.

They switched off the video at half time and forgot to switch it on again until the 63rd minute, so I missed the first Torquay goal, in the meantime desperately looking for a way to contact them had to scroll through the terms and conditions to find an email.  Still waiting for a reply and a part of my money back.

I'm really just happy to be able to see some "live" action so I'll forgive them the glitch.

For anyone thinking of streaming the games and having problems I found the following text right at the end their "Terms and Conditions"

11.4 if you are having technical issues and require a refund please ensure that you have notified us of a problem to nationalleaguelive@streamamg.com during the event with details of the problem, screenshots if possible and information about the devices and browsers you are using. If we are notified during the event we can make attempts to investigate and rectify the problem, issues reported after the event will not qualify for a refund.

11.5 If you are unable to view the event due to a technical error that is the responsibility of the NATIONAL LEAGUE or our providers for more than 20 minutes you will be eligible for a refund.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived