Signing & Player Rumours

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With interest rates being so high can't blame the powers that be keeping all the ticket money in their accounts rather than provide some decent talent for their manager. Help pay for the stadium I suppose. Perhaps we'll pick up another Barrow cast off later in the year if we strike lucky in the FA cup. 

3 hours ago, Clifford said:

With interest rates being so high can't blame the powers that be keeping all the ticket money in their accounts rather than provide some decent talent for their manager. Help pay for the stadium I suppose. Perhaps we'll pick up another Barrow cast off later in the year if we strike lucky in the FA cup. 

highly doubtful that there will be any interest accrual on the clubs (or anyones) current account..

13 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

To go on the bench like Carty?

If Unsworth starts players on the bench I trust there to be a very good reason for that…..for Gods sake can we please give him a few months in the job before we start to question his methods!!

39 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

If Unsworth starts players on the bench I trust there to be a very good reason for that…..for Gods sake can we please give him a few months in the job before we start to question his methods!!

If he has any faith in the players he's signed he will start them rather than persevere with the regular failures.

On 10/20/2022 at 5:28 PM, Clifford said:

Any chance Royle & Royle will be able to prize some money from Franks tight grip now we have some TV money coming?

I expected some moves in once the lad at Scunny turned us down.

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

They're after Mark Kitching from Stockport...

I can’t imagine DU or his staff would know much about this guy and he’s a free agent isn’t he so they can’t have watched him either?

If so it’s probably a recommendation like I believe the majority of Shez’s signings were and look how they turned out!

Not having a go as he might be a good player for us but If I was gambling my future on somebody else’s recommendations  I’d be a little nervous!!

We have a recruitment dept I believe, let’s hope they know a bit about this fella and the subsequent players being targeted by Unsworth.

10 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I can’t imagine DU or his staff would know much about this guy and he’s a free agent isn’t he so they can’t have watched him either?

If so it’s probably a recommendation like I believe the majority of Shez’s signings were and look how they turned out!

Not having a go as he might be a good player for us but If I was gambling my future on somebody else’s recommendations  I’d be a little nervous!!

We have a recruitment dept I believe, let’s hope they know a bit about this fella and the subsequent players being targeted by Unsworth.

That's my big question - Do we and, if so, who is staffing it?  Not sure how many times but he has played for Stockport this season.  Only became a free agent earlier this month, which is a bit odd

Archived