Signing & Player Rumours

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I find it mind blowing that professional footballers need someone to tell them what to eat...

Not really surprising that professional footballers need someone to tell them what to eat. On the whole they’re not very bright people so why do you find it mind blowing? Most people don’t eat healthily and the national tendency is towards obesity so why should professional footballers be any different? Professional footballers are on the whole undereducated people and are unlikely to have any idea of their most effective diet.

13 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Fish and chips in big Joe's days.

The Alf Tupper diet, but Joe's players added a few pints.

many performance athletes have nutritional advice. It's normal. I think it's a great move.

When Ronaldo returned to United, players stared changing their diets. We are what we eat, which is why I'm 3 stone over weight and barely able to walk up hill.

1 hour ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

The Alf Tupper diet, but Joe's players added a few pints.

many performance athletes have nutritional advice. It's normal. I think it's a great move.

When Ronaldo returned to United, players stared changing their diets. We are what we eat, which is why I'm 3 stone over weight and barely able to walk up hill.

I eat like a horse and often wonder why my weight of 10 stone has never changed from 56 years ago when I 21?

18 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Signed a nutritionist? Wow, we really are becoming a proper professional club again. 

I’m a nutritionist. You’re nutritionist everyone can be a nutritionist.

I’m not a dietitian. As that is the protected term.

It’s a pet peeve and only really relevant to medical HR nerds like myself but I wish clubs would hire dietitians not nutritionists. 

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

I’m a nutritionist. You’re nutritionist everyone can be a nutritionist.

I’m not a dietitian. As that is the protected term.

It’s a pet peeve and only really relevant to medical HR nerds like myself but I wish clubs would hire dietitians not nutritionists. 

Are you saying who the club have hired is actually a Dietician? Has to be  in the right direction, though and probably will not be a full-time appointment, rather one of many clubs he is working with. 

40 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Are you saying who the club have hired is actually a Dietician? Has to be  in the right direction, though and probably will not be a full-time appointment, rather one of many clubs he is working with. 

No, what I’m saying is anyone can be a nutritionist. You have to meet criteria to be a dietitian.

Hence why I’d rather football clubs hired dietitians not nutritionists. 

5 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I eat like a horse and often wonder why my weight of 10 stone has never changed from 56 years ago when I 21?

Well, if it wasn't because of my respect I would tell you to do one...I hate people who eat and eat but never put weight. I just look at cake and I put the pounds (mind, I do tend to eat it...and many others).

8 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Good weekend for 4 of my recommendations to be checked out.

Nick Haughton midfield 2 goals.

Luke Duffy left winger 2 goals.

Adam Crowther centre back 1 goal.

Harrison Burke centre back 1 goal.

Don't know about the other three but Burke looked nothing special yesterday.

Just now, Bobledgersheart said:

Don't know about the other three but Burke looked nothing special yesterday.

What did he have to do with no threat from our supposed attackers?  Carragher will go probably go higher though.

24 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

What did he have to do with no threat from our supposed attackers?  Carragher will go probably go higher though.

True but he didn't do much with the ball, just passed sideways to the blond lad, as they all seem to do these days. 👎

Carragher and to a lesser extent Okagbue have been the only bright sparks this season.

19 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

True but he didn't do much with the ball, just passed sideways to the blond lad, as they all seem to do these days. 👎

Carragher and to a lesser extent Okagbue have been the only bright sparks this season.

The blond lad was good and is being watched by a Championship club.

Also see 20yo Sol Solomon scored 2 for Marine, this boy averages a goal a game in the last 2 seasons 

I'm not saying Latics should immediately sign any of those I mention (except Haughton) just have someone check then out.

Archived