Signing & Player Rumours

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, True Tic said:

I thought there might be something in the pipeline in time for weekend. Playing an effective formation might be as good as signing a couple of players 

Seems like Connor Brown in and Clarke out is done - hope a decent midfielder is announced as well or I don't think that will be received too well! (Clarke has been poor though so might be an improvement 🥴).

38 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Seems like Connor Brown in and Clarke out is done - hope a decent midfielder is announced as well or I don't think that will be received too well! (Clarke has been poor though so might be an improvement 🥴).

I can’t see us getting excited about Connor Brown , but he can’t be much worse than Clarke… can he?😬

6 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

He will give plenty of effort at least.

Obviously no world-beater but he must be better than a half-arsed Clarke.  

I’ll go with that, was a grafter from I remember but not much intelligence to his game. I’m sure Clarke would admit himself he has been terrible this season 

Clarke doesn't want to be here, seems Brown does. Brown was all effort, not much ability. 2 divisions down i expect he'll look a better player.

As Unsworth said any player who wants to go can just go. I don't mind Clarke, he can play but his hearts not been in it this season.

Jeez I despair. I honestly thought it was a completely different "Connor Brown" - I really did. We are seriously going for a player whom we already know is "limited" from the last time he was here? On the basis that we are now in a lower league so he will "look" better than he did? Absolutely bizarre. NOT the type of player we should be recruiting (in my humble opinion).

So, Pete Wild (whom most respect and trust) having seen Rooney and Connor Brown at close quarters, deems them not to be "up to standard" for Barrow. We`ve already signed Rooney (who has been dreadful so far) and now about to sign Brown apparently - what the hell is going on?!

I wonder how much Dorking offered for Norman? It's ok everyone saying we should have took the offer but unless we can get someone else in, it's the correct thing to do to turn it down. We can't rely of Leutweiller and a kid as back up. We should have got Renshaw back from Curzon when we had the chance a year ago.

2 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Jeez I despair. I honestly thought it was a completely different "Connor Brown" - I really did. We are seriously going for a player whom we already know is "limited" from the last time he was here? On the basis that we are now in a lower league so he will "look" better than he did? Absolutely bizarre. NOT the type of player we should be recruiting (in my humble opinion).

Seen him play recently?

Archived