Signing & Player Rumours

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Tarkowski was in non league as a youth with North West Counties club Maine Road.

We actually had a bit of difficulty signing him up when we did even though he was 'only' at Maine road.

There were one or two bigger clubs sniffing and his family were trying to get him in at Utd through agents/contacts but after a bit of perseverance we managed to nab him.

4 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

fwiw -  I reckon he could make it at league 2 but not convinced he will go any higher. 

I'll let you into a secret..

before he was injured he was being monitored by a Premiership club.

12 hours ago, BP1960 said:

£750,000 paid for him and 2 leagues higher than us suggests not.

12 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Plenty of poor and average players go for decent money and play in higher leagues

Mate of mine is an Ipswich fan. I've talked to him about Edmunson and Burgess and how I thought George was better than Cameron. He couldn't be clearer that the opposite is now true. He reckons Burgess is their best CB and George is a liability who is in and out of the team.

52 minutes ago, BPAS said:

Mate of mine is an Ipswich fan. I've talked to him about Edmunson and Burgess and how I thought George was better than Cameron. He couldn't be clearer that the opposite is now true. He reckons Burgess is their best CB and George is a liability who is in and out of the team.

never recovered from that house party

8 hours ago, BPAS said:

I've not seen him play since he was last against us. I'm sticking by OWTB rules that I don't need to see a player to know he's shite

18 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Taking the squad to 146. Can’t wait. 

Was thinking similar. A very dangerous strategy if it continues AND we don't offload shedloads. I wonder how close Frank is to anything "football" in reality. At this rate, he's going to need a further £13million. Potential future investors in the club (which was always the goal) can't be too impressed with the showing so far - and let's be honest, it's results on the pitch that they will predominantly be interested in. A return to league football is an absolute must in terms of income generation, increased sponsorship revenue etc.

11 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Well Willoughby is one I suggested a year or two ago so be interesting to see how he does, did nothing in the games against us of note but knows where the onion sack is, Linney would of been a better option now.

49 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l thought Nuttall was accepted by scunthorpe but he said No?

unless Suzanne meant to say 'an improved offer to Scunthorpe striker Joe Nuttall?

A good point was made though in that Daws has left interim charge and gone back to the Academy (maybe liked working under him) and the players are getting paid late so if he does join might be a factor.

Archived