Signing & Player Rumours

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/30/2022 at 4:47 AM, b0ndl1ne said:

Hogan is at fault for the vast majority. 
clarke alongside a younger defender i.e Okagbue/Sutton is the way to go.

Accept the loss on Hogan for all he’s supposed to be a good character

Hogan no hero then?

13 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

This

Everyone saying give it Clarke

First - he is still contracted to Walsall

Second - he has shown no inclination to be a manager

Third - there is absolutey no evidence to suggest he would be decent at it in any event 

Yeah… but apart from that, what do you think?

22 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Any update on Coleclough?

I believe the issue on this move is related to Frank not being happy with the lads character/past incidents. Quite rightly he's thinking of the clubs rep and also the risk on him messing up when we have shelled out a decent fee.

14 minutes ago, Clifford said:

I believe the issue on this move is related to Frank not being happy with the lads character/past incidents. Quite rightly he's thinking of the clubs rep and also the risk on him messing up when we have shelled out a decent fee.

Bit late for that if it's a done deal isnt it? @Lee Sinnott

43 minutes ago, Clifford said:

There are other alternatives on the clubs radar.

9 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

You'd think so. Parkinson was telling people on Monday he was off to Oldham the following day. "He" being Colclough, not Parkinson...

Frank may well have been talked round on it. Perhaps even spoken to the lad himself but this seems to have been the delay. He sounds a right weapon this lad.

2 hours ago, Clifford said:

You’d think he’d know all about that as soon as we expressed an interest. Everybody else did.

36 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

You’d think he’d know all about that as soon as we expressed an interest. Everybody else did.

We're not all lower league / non league perverts. I don't expect Frank to have a knowledge of all the binmen our scouts are looking at.

On 12/29/2022 at 6:47 PM, b0ndl1ne said:

Hogan is at fault for the vast majority. 
clarke alongside a younger defender i.e Okagbue/Sutton is the way to go.

Josef Yarney - formerly of Chesterfield most recently of Round Glass Punjab (yes, THE Round Glass Punjab) - has been on trial for ages.

Looks to have the same shite profile as most of our signings of late but would surely offer a bit more pace alongside Clarke.

I'd give McGahey another go alongside Clarke too.  

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

he struck the doorman with a backhanded movement 🤣🤣🤣🤣

did he use a glove and challenge him to a duel?

Yes, the doorman and Mr Cut-rough were later seen on Onchan head. They were accompanied by friends carrying boxes containing pistols. However the contest could go no further. It turned out, that protocol had not been followed as none of the contestants had formally slapped the other one across the chops with a leather glove. So no contest was declared. 

31 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Josef Yarney - formerly of Chesterfield most recently of Round Glass Punjab (yes, THE Round Glass Punjab) - has been on trial for ages.

Looks to have the same shite profile as most of our signings of late but would surely offer a bit more pace alongside Clarke.

I'd rather see Angol, Sheron, Sutton and several others at CB than see the oil tanker back. He makes Clarke look like a slim 25 yo with pace to burn, while he looks like a 47 yo with arthritis. 

43 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

McGahey out after a back operation l think

Archived