Signing & Player Rumours

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, samgoafc said:

Colclough seemingly on his way to Chesterfield like was mooted earlier in the thread https://twitter.com/SportsPeteO/status/1612450804509675523?s=20&t=wMKQDeU3HhWF99HGMALHAg

But aren’t we also having talks? Or have they been jettisoned? 
Could be he’s deciding between the two. Doubtful but maybe 

Re Colclough - he is still getting himself involved in all sorts even June last year…

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/courts/visitor-who-assaulted-bouncer-is-banned-from-the-isle-of-man-562583

Can’t be signing lads like that could potentially lose him for free to HMP if he does something like that again. Fair play to the owners giving this one a wide birth. 

31 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Re Colclough - he is still getting himself involved in all sorts even June last year…

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/courts/visitor-who-assaulted-bouncer-is-banned-from-the-isle-of-man-562583

Can’t be signing lads like that could potentially lose him for free to HMP if he does something like that again. Fair play to the owners giving this one a wide birth. 

Agreed.  He'll probably tear it up for Chesterfield but if we have principles then we have to stick by them

1 hour ago, astottie said:

What's happened to the released list?

I'm told those players know who they are and it'll be out this week. Some names dependent on deals they've sorted. Guess that'll be the decent players and not the raffle winners like Windass.

2 hours ago, longtimeblue said:

I can't see principles having played a part if we've spoken to him. 

At which point do you think the owner is involved? Given his recent operation he'll have not been round much. Scouts, Unsworth, D Royle and then Frank for the sign off is I guess how most transfers go.

"We've sorted a deal for this lad, good player but questions over him off the field Frank" is the sort of conversation that took place from what I'm told. Decision made that the clubs budget and firstly reputation was more important. 

Lets face it he isn't even that good. Never heard of him before we were linked. 27 year old bellend playing non league. Next.

13 hours ago, Clifford said:

At which point do you think the owner is involved? Given his recent operation he'll have not been round much. Scouts, Unsworth, D Royle and then Frank for the sign off is I guess how most transfers go.

"We've sorted a deal for this lad, good player but questions over him off the field Frank" is the sort of conversation that took place from what I'm told. Decision made that the clubs budget and firstly reputation was more important. 

Lets face it he isn't even that good. Never heard of him before we were linked. 27 year old bellend playing non league. Next.

He's far better than what we have got, but I agree it's a big risk considering his most recent misdemeanor. There are better long term prospects out there from what I've seen though for less money.

Archived