Signing & Player Rumours

4 minutes ago, oafcforever said:

According to Greatest_786 on twitter Lyden and Gime Toure are training with us and will sign once players have been released. Keiron Westwood also training with us.

That's Ibby isn't it? I'm not on twitter by the way. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, oafcforever said:

According to Greatest_786 on twitter Lyden and Gime Toure are training with us and will sign once players have been released. Keiron Westwood also training with us.

Wouldn't believe that - Westwood in particular was supposedly playing in goal against Barrow which was rumoured and then debunked by someone who was watching the B team game from the gym which also saw Marvin Emnes on trial - don't think we'd be after a third keeper (after Leutwiler gets released that is) - Gime Toure seems to get banded around too every month as a rumour.

3 hours ago, samgoafc said:

Wouldn't believe that - Westwood in particular was supposedly playing in goal against Barrow which was rumoured and then debunked by someone who was watching the B team game from the gym which also saw Marvin Emnes on trial - don't think we'd be after a third keeper (after Leutwiler gets released that is) - Gime Toure seems to get banded around too every month as a rumour.

Emnes is a winger 

I guess Lyden and Stephens on pay as you play deals would strengthen our midfield as long as they stay injury-free & still have it.  It’ll help steady the ship and give us the push.

Stephens is a short-term fix at 33 but Lyden, being 26, could help us push on next season & into the league.  That’s if they are training with us, both looking for contracts etc because our ITK posters haven’t been that accurate in recent weeks 🤣

Rumour too was a number of players leaving this week too so presumably DR is negotiating payoffs or DU is performing miracles getting some clubs to sign them.  

That then leaves these EPL signings being rumoured incoming too.  One similar to Haughton at Fylde?!  Who’s that?  Everton player?!

1 hour ago, Midsblue said:

I guess Lyden and Stephens on pay as you play deals would strengthen our midfield as long as they stay injury-free & still have it.  It’ll help steady the ship and give us the push.

Stephens is a short-term fix at 33 but Lyden, being 26, could help us push on next season & into the league.  That’s if they are training with us, both looking for contracts etc because our ITK posters haven’t been that accurate in recent weeks 🤣

Rumour too was a number of players leaving this week too so presumably DR is negotiating payoffs or DU is performing miracles getting some clubs to sign them.  

That then leaves these EPL signings being rumoured incoming too.  One similar to Haughton at Fylde?!  Who’s that?  Everton player?!

Not Everton

6 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Or, instead of such a false economy/poor football decision, we could sign a couple on proper deals who we intend to get a few successful years out of.

One of the few things more baffling than the clubs constant piss arsing about with the squad is the constant encouragement from many for the club to constantly piss arse about with the squad. 

23 minutes ago, chris_oafc said:

Stephens Is on soccer AM says he’s been training with a club since Xmas and hopefully something comes from it. So if he is training with us could be something in it.

I asked one of his family members a few weeks ago (before Xmas) when his name was mentioned on here and at that point, he wasn't coming to us (the guy laughed at me).

We wouldn't have him training with us, he'd walk into our team on one leg with his eyes shut.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Bolton he was training with based on nothing more than that's where all his family are from and he has a few business interests there.

8 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Berry scored again yesterday.Did we ever approach Mac??

I don't think Unsworth should be allowed to sign any more players and besides, Berry's scoring streak would be either coached out of him or he wouldn't be able to score whilst sat on the bench.

3 hours ago, Wardie said:

I don't think Unsworth should be allowed to sign any more players and besides, Berry's scoring streak would be either coached out of him or he wouldn't be able to score whilst sat on the bench.

I doubt if Berry has ever been coached, he just does what comes naturally, dribbling, passing, crossing, shooting and Macc allow him to do it.

He takes a lot of punishment and last Saturday an opponent was sent off for kicking the ball in his face while he was flat on the ground. He just got up and scored a goal to make his point.

In some ways reminiscent of Alan Groves when he was here playing off the cuff.

Unfortunately, IMO a lot of this has been knocked out of talented young players by rigid coaching.

Archived