Signing & Player Rumours

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

If he’s crap we shouldn’t be signing him!!

I doubt the people who scouted / recommended him have said he's crap.

We've signed plenty other clubs have said are crap and they've done ok. Chill out.

4 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Rooney isn't a left winger. Played well v Dagenham but is not the solution out wide...

Can Rooney not have the walking around free as a bird role Tollitt has enjoyed all season?

4 hours ago, Hemel latic said:

Sounds like a wide player and we clearly lack options in those areas, he wants away from Telford (bottom of NLN):

https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/football/afc-telford-united/2023/02/17/devarn-green-wants-to-depart-struggling-afc-telford-united/

From that article 

"Yes I’m disappointed, I want to work with players who want to be there, scrap and battle for the shirt and badge".

Hope he scraps and battles here.

25 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

From that article 

"Yes I’m disappointed, I want to work with players who want to be there, scrap and battle for the shirt and badge".

Hope he scraps and battles here.

If he's been recommended by Nuttall then I'm not so sure, I get it we haven't seen him play yet and I also get the fact it's a short term deal but really, is he as good as we could bring in for an option out wide, fucking hell he struggled in NLN which is a huge step down on what even we are playing, makes no sense at all to me, just another body on the training pitch and if we keep going the back page of the programme won't be sufficient to list all the squad, can't have it that this lad is any better than Burgess for instance.

All opinions are worthy of a listen and mine is that we need to see him in a few games, out wide, hopefully, before we can pass any kind of judgement. No point in listening to fans of other clubs and judging a player before he's even kicked a ball, as we have seen when ours have left to go on to bigger and better, no matter ow much we slated them.

Ask the question again this time next week.

One thing I would love to know the answer to but never will is which scout (at the time when Tollitt was in form) thought Colclough was the one to take from Altrincham and not one of their central midfielders Marriot or Lundstram. We could do with them now

13 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Plus 2 assists!!!

He used to play wide left but FC used him as a lone striker this season, I'm staggered we've brought Green in because it appears he's mates with a player whose shown very little desire or ability since he came in in Nuttall, Linney is the opposite he work relentlessly at times and if there was an opportunity for either we've got the bum deal with Green.

46 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Linney first start for Altrincham and bags. 10k looks cheap for him

Yeah but like Colclough was, he is a risk due to his past criminal convictions - if the rumors of Frank deciding against us signing RC were true due to similar issues, we wouldn't have gone anywhere near Linney - do agree 10k is a bargain if he stays out of trouble

Based on nothing but "stats" since he moved to Chesterfield, it doesn't look like it's worked out how he probably imagined it would so far for Colclough? 

8 games, 4 starts, 0 goals, 0 assists, not completed 90mins yet and didn't get off the bench yesterday.

18 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Based on nothing but "stats" since he moved to Chesterfield, it doesn't look like it's worked out how he probably imagined it would so far for Colclough? 

8 games, 4 starts, 0 goals, 0 assists, not completed 90mins yet and didn't get off the bench yesterday.

That's usually where we step in to help!

Thought our latest signing Green  showed signs of promise.He's quick,can turn defenders and works hard.Only downside was his inability  to find one of our players with his crosses and one which sailed over the goals.Im sure he will prove a good wing player .Who knows...he could be another Alan Groves but I doubt it!!!

1 hour ago, Flemboy said:

Thought our latest signing Green  showed signs of promise.He's quick,can turn defenders and works hard.Only downside was his inability  to find one of our players with his crosses and one which sailed over the goals.Im sure he will prove a good wing player .Who knows...he could be another Alan Groves but I doubt it!!!

Fair play to the lad at least he looks to attack his full back not turn it back 20 yards to one of our defenders who can't pass water.

Archived