1 hour ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

For 45 minutes!!

I'm hope I'm wrong, and it does sound like there was an improvement on Saturday, but I don't think the team looking competent for one half (in a game they lost) contradicts anything I've said

For the record, I think the team will look much better if Hogan and Gardner can stay fit and we can get a proper striker in. 

45 minutes that ‘poor’ players didn’t look they had in them two weeks ago.

So- either they’re poor players, Saturday was a fluke level of performance and no amount of coaching will help because they’re just not good enough. 

Or

They were badly organised/coached/managed, and are capable of much better than they showed under Shez. 

Which one is it in your opinion? 

I’m not saying we’re suddenly going up, or that the squad is amazing. But  to me undeniable that in a very short space of time Unsy has got the player’s massively upping their game. As always, results will ultimately dictate. But I’m confident with that level of performance on a more consistent basis- we’ll win more than we lose. 

36 minutes ago, League one forever said:

So- either they’re poor players, Saturday was a fluke level of performance and no amount of coaching will help because they’re just not good enough. 

Or

They were badly organised/coached/managed, and are capable of much better than they showed under Shez. 

I’m not saying we’re suddenly going up, or that the squad is amazing. But  to me undeniable that in a very short space of time Unsy has got the player’s massively upping their game. As always, results will ultimately dictate. But I’m confident with that level of performance on a more consistent basis- we’ll win more than we lose. 

Can it not be both?

It's a pretty poor group of players who were being badly coached 

6 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Can it not be both?

It's a pretty poor group of players who were being badly coached 

Possibly- but that depends on your view before they signed.  Because it would be unfair to judge any of them IMO over a few games when the coaching was so poor. 

I think with everyone fit, we have got a semi decent staring 11.

Let’s say 352 because we played that Sat. 

Norman

Carragher

Okgabue

Hogan

Mitchell

Sheron 

Gardner

Rooney 

Clarke

Fondop/Hope

Porter/Nuttall 

Add in good coaching and top half with that lot is very achievable. 

16 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Possibly- but that depends on your view before they signed.  Because it would be unfair to judge any of them IMO over a few games when the coaching was so poor. 

Norman

Carragher

Okgabue

Hogan

Mitchell

Sheron 

Gardner

Rooney 

Clarke

Fondop/Hope

Porter/Nuttall 

Nuttall….that’s being a bit optimistic isn’t it?

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

Norman

Carragher

Okgabue

Hogan

Mitchell

Sheron 

Gardner

Rooney 

Clarke

Fondop/Hope

Porter/Nuttall 

Wellens instead of Clarke.

In fact, anyone instead of Clarke.

2 hours ago, LaticsLegend said:

Nuttall isn't coming.

I suspect he will play for scunthorpe tonight and told to put himself about to up his price/wage. If he isn't playing then he is definitely coming and they are just waiting till after tonights game so he can't come back to haunt them

22 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Clarke hasn’t wanted to be here since the start of the season, he tried to push for a move we said no as he was under contract.

Just guessing on this point, but he may have come to an agreement with Unsworth to get to Jan and look to ship him out. 

Who would want him? 

33 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Clarke hasn’t wanted to be here since the start of the season, he tried to push for a move we said no as he was under contract.

Just guessing on this point, but he may have come to an agreement with Unsworth to get to Jan and look to ship him out. 

Anyone who has seen him this season wouldn’t want him. He has been abysmal 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/2/2022 at 8:40 AM, the_mighty_bosh said:

As gutting as it was to lose yesterday (especially the manner of the defeat) the rest of October provides Unsworth a massive opportunity to make his mark on the squad and club.

Scunny (H)

Maidenhead (A)

FA Cup

Yeovil (H)

Altrincham (A)

Halifax (A)

It's not unreasonable to expect to win each of those games on an individual basis.  Less than 10 points from the 5 league games would be concerning.  Oddly Maidenhead would probably be the trickiest match of the lot, especially after their win at Chesterfield yesterday.

So with the additional cup game in play, it's basically 1 win and 4 draws so far.  Not great but no defeats in 5 is something to build on.

I originally said fewer than 10 points from the 5 league games would be a concern, although I'd take 9 from 5 if we stay unbeaten and pick up our 1st away league win of the season.

On 10/3/2022 at 6:27 PM, League one forever said:

Or

They're poor players and that 45 minutes was a fluke

Archived