Halifax Away

1 hour ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Agreed. Could be Harrogate with bells on if the team that turned up at Altrincham shows up again at Halifax. 

Tollitt to score a spectacular winner for the cameras, you read it here first.😀

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Tollitt to score a spectacular winner for the cameras, you read it here first.😀

If they 'turn up' just because the cameras are there that would be shameful in itself, I'm with you on your prediction though, he's a player who picks and chooses his games. 

2 hours ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

Joint second top scorer (by one goal) and missed half the season so far. What more would you like him to do?

Annoying that some fuckwit from Chesterfield could possibly have hampered our goals-for and points tally.

Have been to see Latics play 3 times at the Shay against Halifax Town, the forerunner of FC Halifax Town who we play tomorrow. 

I have seen 2 league games (a 3-0 win in 1972/73 and a 0-0 draw in 1973/74) and a 1-0 win in the FA Cup in 1973/74. 

I was en route to a friendly there in the late 70s but my dad's car didn't make it and we had to be towed home.... Latics won 5-0. 

I am going tomorrow and fully expect a game in which Halifax do not score, after Tuesday cannot see us scoring either. 

17 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Have been to see Latics play 3 times at the Shay against Halifax Town, the forerunner of FC Halifax Town who we play tomorrow. 

I have seen 2 league games (a 3-0 win in 1972/73 and a 0-0 draw in 1973/74) and a 1-0 win in the FA Cup in 1973/74. 

I was en route to a friendly there in the late 70s but my dad's car didn't make it and we had to be towed home.... Latics won 5-0. 

I am going tomorrow and fully expect a game in which Halifax do not score, after Tuesday cannot see us scoring either. 

After Tuesdays game I don’t expect us to score again this season

36 minutes ago, Wardie said:

New boy will score tomorrow. *

*I'm sticking my neck out. :D 

Hope it's like the other Abraham we once had who scored at Bradford  in his first game if my memory  serves me right.

I'm expecting  a far better performance  than that shambolic  last one.Our long suffering away fans are owed a win .

19 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

Hope it's like the other Abraham we once had who scored at Bradford  in his first game if my memory  serves me right.

I'm expecting  a far better performance  than that shambolic  last one.Our long suffering away fans are owed a win .

Aaron Wilbraham?

7 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

Our long suffering away fans are owed a win .

After listening to the presser before tomorrow's game Unsworth trying to get the fans onboard and for me trying to find someone else to blame, I'm sorry but the last 11 away games have seen us;

P 11

D 4

L 7

F 6

A 19

What worries me most is his own lack of self awareness, some fans would of paid thousands to watch those 11 games and they've seen what? Players not turning up and a manager playing the shittest football we've seen for years are the reason for the discontent, I personally think the fans have been more than patient, we are officially the shittest team in English football, expectation is that low we are normally  content to see a team run about a bit and put their body on the line but we can't even muster that and the fact we are taking over 2000 on the back of recent performances tomorrow is actually nuts, we are scoring a goal about every three hours since last April so if they are getting booed off every 45 minutes it's hardly surprising, I'm afraid we've got someone in who will blame everything and everyone else for his own shortcomings when it's his responsibility to get us out of it, it's plainly obvious everyone needs to be singing off the same hymn sheet but you won't win any fans over by shifting the blame to them, like he says it's a two way thing so let's hope firstly  he can put a team out there to represent the club and the fans and secondly he can look like he's arsed himself during the game if fuck all is happening.

I'm just hoping we try to win a game of football tomorrow (novel concept I know), I'm not even bothered if we get beat in the process so long as we can see some endeavour and a tiny bit of pride in wearing the shirt.

4 minutes ago, Yard Dog said:

Completely forgot to collect our Halifax tickets from BP this week. Anyone know if I'll be able to collect them before the game at Halifax tomorrow?

Thanks

Ticket office should be open  am?

If not I believe they are taken over to the away club  to collect?

Archived